Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Positively Polina! The Polina Edmunds Cheer Thread

Time for precious Polina Edmunds -- America's sr. silver medalist & the surprise of Natls 2014 -- to have her own cheer thread. So let me begin: XAROSHAYA DEBUSHKA! The tec skills, the mind (cool under pressure), the lines (perfect figure), the overall 'look'...and the results, 2nd only to the amazing Gracie Gold.

Polina Rocks!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I have to give it to her she was great. She can jump. She has confidence. I also thought her presentation was very nice. I am going to enjoy watching her over the next few years.

I think if they put her on the Olympic team she should lose the yellow dress. Find something darker, and do something else with her hair. Fix her makeup. She will look more mature.

vCash
    Agree. I thought she was delightful all around.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    It's going to be all kinds of exciting drama watching Gracie vs. Polina vs. Samantha unfold in the years to come leading up to 2018! I can't wait to see how Polina matures in the coming years; she can definitely be a big factor in the future of US skating and maybe even some of the present! GO POLINA!!!

vCash
    I really like Polina too. She did a great job and I'm happy she skated so well. I know she didn't have the pressure on her like the other girls did, but wow she did keep her cool in the free skate. She was great in her short program too. She definitely earned her silver medal!!

vCash
    POLINA IS SOCHI BOUND! Woweee!!!! Zpradsnikom, Polya!!!

vCash
    Finally a successul named Polina
    she finally put off the Polina name curse

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I'm over the moon excited for Polina! I love this girl and I believed in her talent from the first time I saw her compete. Go get 'em, Miss Edmunds!

vCash
    I going to totally blow my gasket over this whole mess.

It's just really sad and not fair at all to Edmunds - who has delivered high level performances for the last two seasons - to get all the shit she's getting just because people:
    a) don't know her, so they don't care
    b) consider her skating immature just because she's 15 and doesn't make DRAMATIK facial expressions or whatever else it is that people perceive as proof of 'maturity'

She's been skating at a very high level for a while now and she deserves some respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I going to totally blow my gasket over this whole mess.

It's just really sad and not fair at all to Edmunds - who has delivered high level performances for the last two seasons - to get all the shit she's getting just because people:
    a) don't know her, so they don't care
    b) consider her skating immature just because she's 15 and doesn't make DRAMATIK facial expressions or whatever else it is that people perceive as proof of 'maturity'

She's been skating at a very high level for a while now and she deserves some respect.
    Agree completely. As I posted elsewhere, she beat all of the Russian girls in the FS at the JGPF who competed at Russian Sr Nationals, 1 of whom was 4th against a deep Russian field of ladies. She's extremely consistent and cool under pressure, which Gracie, Ashley and Mirai are not always known to be. I think she was absolutely the safest bet of the 3 (Wagner, Nagasu, Edmunds) being selected for those 2 spots

vCash
    I was in Boston, and Polina is just lovely. She floats over the ice as light as a flower. The hate she is getting from the Mirai crowd is sad and ugly .

vCash

But only out of guilt. All further are suspended until further notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I was in Boston, and Polina is just lovely. She floats over the ice as light as a flower. The hate she is getting from the Mirai crowd is sad and ugly .
    ITA. Poli will have the last laugh, I bet. (wink)

vCash
    Wow i saw Polina skate for the first time as a Junior back in 2011 at Nationals. She was only 12 which i thought was odd since she was much younger then the other girls. I was surprised someone that young was already a Junior but she didn't look intimidated by the older girls and even though she only finished 7th you could see she might one day become something special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    I think if they put her on the Olympic team she should lose the yellow dress. Find something darker, and do something else with her hair. Fix her makeup. She will look more mature.
    I love Polina's SP and costume! I think her team should not only keep the yellow dress but get another colorful one to show off her youthful exuberance and effervescence in the FS as well! That little gray dress doesn't do it at all!

vCash
    I enjoy her skating she has sass, verve, speed, and GREAT technique.

vCash
    She is such a breath of fresh air! And I'm thrilled that she's from my hometown - go Polina!

vCash
    I love Polina and wouldnt let my husband leave the room until she skated. Her talent and personality just jump out at you, and it is very cool to hear her self-confidence at such a young age and then watch her deliver on it. She's a star. Wishing her every success in Sochi.

vCash
    I had never seen her before. And the first close-up I saw...............I thought "Holy Yellow! Who is that poor gangly child, and what is she doing out there?" And, then, she skated! Good Mother of you-know-who.......is she a delight. What a wonderful treat. Although I never would have predicted it (even after her FS) I am thrilled she is going to OLYS. She will be so much fun to watch in the next few years.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Polina!!! I've said all season she is my second favorite US lady after Alissa. Coming in second at US Nats and making the Olympic team is a wonderful surprise!!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast