Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From the article, overedge posted:

Plushenko has taken part in three Olympic Games. The one is Sochi will be the fourth and the last in his sport career. However, he did not exclude his new return theoretically. “Technical progress advances constantly. What if nano-falciform cartilages are invented and I will be able to get new abdominal rings? If that happens, I will continue competing further,” Plushenko said, jokingly or seriously.
    !!!

vCash
    I've read about it here http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...-komandnom-tur. 400+ coments and counting under the article

vCash
    Plushenko. Your glory years are behind you. Move aside!

vCash
    It's seems soooo APRIL FOOLS! made up story or else Plushy's ego is just out in the stratosphere unrealistic.

vCash

vCash
    He hasn't DEMANDED anything. But he is right. Kovtun hasn't shown anything to convince us that under pressure - under Olympic pressure - he will be any good.

But of course this is FSU so Plushy is the evil devil and everything he does and says is wrong, evil and arrogant.

vCash
    f Plushenko wanted to prove he's better then the kid he shouldn't have said he wasn't going to go to Europeans. If his body can't stand the strain of competing then he needs to just go away. But i bet he knows that Kovtun would beat him again and his ego can't stand that.

Watch me move
    vCash
    "I just want to remind those who question my right to compete at Sochi"
    Saying he has a "right" to compete in the Olys when he couldn't even finish both parts of the competition at Russian nationals, and has no plans to go to Euros, seems pretty arrogant to me. And I would say that of any skater who expressed those attitudes, not just Plushy.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Which part of competition he didnt finish?
    Article is a joke, is there a bet in the media How many titles for a Plushenko article can come out until Sochi? Why dont they make a Rebus with his name?

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    He hasn't DEMANDED anything. But he is right. Kovtun hasn't shown anything to convince us that under pressure - under Olympic pressure - he will be any good.
    Ok, say you prove that Kovtun hasn't shown us anything to convince us that he could compete against the pressure in Sochi. What then has Plushenko done to show that he is the best choice for the Olympics next month? Anything that happened this season to convince us?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    f Plushenko wanted to prove he's better then the kid he shouldn't have said he wasn't going to go to Europeans. If his body can't stand the strain of competing then he needs to just go away. But i bet he knows that Kovtun would beat him again and his ego can't stand that.
    I think the fear is not Kovtun is superior but he will do mostly doubles again! That means he would be beaten by Kovtun but also probably 10 or more others as well! He can't just have this plan of doing no competitions and just saying he's training and look better than Kovtun who is probably going to win Euros. Fernandez could win Euros too but 90% likely Kovtun wins. Whatever caused Plushenko do to mostly doubles in Russian nationals free skate had to addressed and then Plushenko had to do Euros to show he's not a severe doubler now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Ok, say you prove that Kovtun hasn't shown us anything to convince us that he could compete against the pressure in Sochi. What then has Plushenko done to show that he is the best choice for the Olympics next month? Anything that happened this season to convince us?
    His best evidence is Volvo but Volvo did not convince the Russian Federation that Plushenko was superior to Kovtun who did 2 GPs and GPF all with multiple quads. Russian Fed agreed to cut Plushenko from Euros which was him being dumped!

vCash
    I hope Kovtun has a bodyguard.

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    You didn't hear it from me but, 'word in the hood is that Plushy has ordered a hit on Kovtun.'

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think we may have a brand new knee whacking in the coming days. Tonya better do something quick to get in the news or she will be forgotten forever!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think we may have a brand new knee whacking in the coming days. Tonya better do something quick to get in the news or she will be forgotten forever!
    I doubt Tonya has anything else to do this week. Maybe she does freelance knee whacking contracts?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I think the fear is not Kovtun is superior but he will do mostly doubles again! That means he would be beaten by Kovtun but also probably 10 or more others as well! He can't just have this plan of doing no competitions and just saying he's training and look better than Kovtun who is probably going to win Euros. Fernandez could win Euros too but 90% likely Kovtun wins. Whatever caused Plushenko do to mostly doubles in Russian nationals free skate had to addressed and then Plushenko had to do Euros to show he's not a severe doubler now.
    Good grief, I never thought I'd ever agree with you, but I do. Time for Plushy to put up or shut up and graciously be an ambassador at the Olympics in lieu of skating.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Saying he has a "right" to compete in the Olys when he couldn't even finish both parts of the competition at Russian nationals, and has no plans to go to Euros, seems pretty arrogant to me. And I would say that of any skater who expressed those attitudes, not just Plushy.
    Well, the article is translated, right? Could it have been one of those words that doesn't have an exact English equivalent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

But of course this is FSU so Plushy is the evil devil and everything he does and says is wrong, evil and arrogant.
    And what has Plushenko shown? Kovtun beat him fair and square at Nationals, and had a good international season. Yes, Plushenko has had an amazing career, but right now, he hasn't made a case that he's any better than Kovtun. Maybe if he planned to go to Euros and delivered there, but clearly that's not the situation.

vCash
    People are really eating this crap up aren't they

Any 'news' organization can pretty much say what they want no matter if Plushenko said it or not and :

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast