Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liberal Furry
    vCash

Jenny McCarthy Reversing Position- Son May not Have had Autism after all

http://hollywoodlife.com/2010/02/26/...er-had-autism/

Ooops my bad? How much damage did this woman do in the past few years?
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    ^^^^ Oh man! There just aren't enough words. Thank you Jenny for giving us the return of some previously eradicated diseases.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    It was stupid of her to lead the crusade against vaccinations the way she did, but good for her on being an upstanding person and publicly reversing her opinion. Not many celebrities would have done that.

Now if she'll promote vaccinations and apologize for what she did, we can come one step closer to forgetting about the whole thing.

vCash
    Wait...the article says it was published in 2010....so what is going on?

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Wait...the article says it was published in 2010....so what is going on?
    Oops, I didn't even look at the date- but I don't remember this being generally reported at the time?
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    And all the comments are from today too....yeah this is really strange!

Fecking social media!

vCash
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    She has tweeted that the article is untrue and she hasn't changed her mind.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I went to check her twitter for the denial and didn't find it but found this instead: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/vid...VDKA0_p2lutpxy, her spoof on celebrity perfume ads.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    She has tweeted that the article is untrue and she hasn't changed her mind.
    Sounds like everything that's being talked about in this thread is based on a lie? Don't believe everything that you read, I guess.

Jenny McCarthy Responds To Report She Claimed Son Never Had Autism

P.S. Are there people out there who cared for their children based on something Jenny McCarthy said instead of their family doctor?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    P.S. Are there people out there who cared for their children based on something Jenny McCarthy said instead of their family doctor?
    Jenny McCarthy specifically? Hard to say. But she is certainly the celebrity spokesperson for the anti-vaccine movement, and yes, there are a lot of people who aren't having their children vaccinated against medical advice.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    In 2008 Jenny appeared on Larry King arguing that vaccinations can cause autism, and subsequently defended her position all over the place. In 2009, for the first time, the rate of vaccinations for kids under private insurance dropped 4 percent, which was the first time a drop had been seen. I can't prove a connection there, obviously, but I personally believe there probably was one. She's been pretty vocal about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Sounds like everything that's being talked about in this thread is based on a lie? Don't believe everything that you read, I guess.

Jenny McCarthy Responds To Report She Claimed Son Never Had Autism

She can put a seed of doubt in a parent's mind and then they start to research on the internet. My son's speech therapist once told me that the therapists that she works with, including other speech language pathologists, occupational therapists, and behavioral therapists, groan when a parent mentions Jenny McCarthy.
    Last edited by algonquin; 01-05-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    In 2008 Jenny appeared on Larry King arguing that vaccinations can cause autism, and subsequently defended her position all over the place. In 2009, for the first time, the rate of vaccinations for kids under private insurance dropped 4 percent, which was the first time a drop had been seen. I can't prove a connection there, obviously, but I personally believe there probably was one. She's been pretty vocal about it.
    While that is true, the anti-vaccine movement has been active since the late 18th century, got a major boost in the 1990s, and was well-established on the internet before 2008. I suspect that all Jenny did was publicize the movement to people who had not already heard about it and that led those people to website like Mercola and VaxTruth.

That doesn't mean she bears no responsibility, but I don't think you can lay it all at her door.

vCash
    I don't think I was laying it all at her door.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    She released an entire book on the subject so I think you can lay plenty of blame at her door but no, not ALL of it but no one was doing such a thing.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Mercola much more dangerous than Jenny McCarthy IMO.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    She released an entire book on the subject so I think you can lay plenty of blame at her door but no, not ALL of it but no one was doing such a thing.
    Plus which many parents today are likely not too influenced by whatever anti-vaccine activities took place in a previous century.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    No one? I guess if you don't consider the study in The Lancet and everything that followed to be "no one doing such a thing" that might be true.

Parents weren't having their kids vaccinated when my kids were in elementary school. I used to process their exemption forms in the late 90s and early 00s.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post

Plus which many parents today are likely not too influenced by whatever anti-vaccine activities took place in a previous century.
    None, I would think. However, the antivaccine movement got an enormous boost in the 1990s with the infamous Lancet study linking the MMR vaccine to autism. And since that is Jenny McCarthy's particular bandwagon, I would say she was something of a late entry in 2008. YMMV.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast