Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jane Seymour in Fine Fettle at 62 -- Swimsuit Cover Girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...kini-body.html

Says Jane:

'God, I’m in better shape now in some ways than I was when I was doing the [1973] Bond film [Live and Let Die].'

'I tried [Botox] and hated it. I’d never do it again. For me it doesn’t work because I’m an actor and I need to be able to move every part of my face.'

The accompanying photos of Jane through the years are worth taking a gander at ...

vCash
    I've always thought she was just about the most beautiful Bond girl ever. She was just incredibly, naturally beautiful. She still is.

The Daily Mail sucks, not that that's shocking. The photo that they label as "around her 30s" is definitely a still from a 1972 photoshoot, when she was 21.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Gosh, people look different as they age. Thank you Daily Mail for this groundbreaking journalism
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    During the "Law and Order" New Year's Marathon on USA Network. they showed the episode she did several seasons ago.
    She was stunning; and a terrific actress.

vCash
    Hard to believe she's my age...I sure don't look like THAT!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I don't have much trouble believing that's her actual body shape -- it's not at all impossible when you have the right genes and the right lifestyle.

I do, however, have a great deal of trouble believing that's her actual skin, without the help of airbrushing or other effects. A light bronze colour, perfectly even all over, and no wrinkles? Not a single blemish or age spot? I really, really doubt it.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It has clearly been airbrushed to death and I guarantee they reshaped at least some of her, probably mostly thighs and upper arms.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I'm just happy that people are still using the word "fettle." [/English major]
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    As they would say in my neck of the woods, "Honey Hush! That's totally airbrushed!"
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Ivana"
    "Ivana who?"
    "Ivana Seymour Jane!"

vCash
    Kate Upton is airbrushed/shopped. Almost everything published in fashion/beauty mags is.

Jane is indeed in fine fettle.

vCash
    I "met" Jane Seymour in 1986 when she came to the bookstore I worked for then. She was there to promote and autograph Jane Seymour's Guide to Romantic Living. She appeared dressed for the part: a retro 50s cocktail dress, complete with tulle petticoat underneath; it was pale pink satin, sweetheart neckline, 3/4-length sleeves, and the skirt embellished with seashells set in circles of faux-pearls. And even with the cream-colored 3" pumps, she was tiny. And absolutely, incredibly beautiful. And quite the oh-so-civilized British diva.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    She was there to promote and autograph Jane Seymour's Guide to Romantic Living.
    I wonder how the world managed before Jane offered her romantic advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    And quite the oh-so-civilized British diva.
    She's also the most terrible snob.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    …..
    She's also the most terrible snob.
    Tell me about it. She communicated only through the Corporate Buyer; the rest of us were beneath her notice. Even when I was sent to the bar across the mall for a bottle of Perrier, a glass of ice, and exactly four napkins, she never so much as looked at me when I put said items, just so, on the table in front of her, as indicated by her perfectly manicured finger.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I don't have much trouble believing that's her actual body shape -- it's not at all impossible when you have the right genes and the right lifestyle.

I do, however, have a great deal of trouble believing that's her actual skin, without the help of airbrushing or other effects. A light bronze colour, perfectly even all over, and no wrinkles? Not a single blemish or age spot? I really, really doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It has clearly been airbrushed to death and I guarantee they reshaped at least some of her, probably mostly thighs and upper arms.
    I saw her in 2007. she was a speaker at a convention my husband and I went to. She was in the gym, and she is TINY! She is pretty, but not as pretty without make-up (as with most older women). But, as tiny as she is, Artemis nailed it. Her shape is pretty much what you see, but the skin doesn't look like that. And that was 6, almost 7 years ago. Major Photoshopping! And I like her, I'm not picking on her.

vCash
    I saw her on TV doing Dancing with the Stars a couple of years ago and although she was gorgeous and retained a ballet body, no way are these her real abs or her skin tone.

Give me Helen Mirren in her bikini (although she admitted she was posing and holding her breath) any day: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...54_233x478.jpg

vCash
    Sorry, but I think a woman should give up bikinis at a certain age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    I saw her on TV doing Dancing with the Stars a couple of years ago and although she was gorgeous and retained a ballet body, no way are these her real abs or her skin tone.

Give me Helen Mirren in her bikini (although she admitted she was posing and holding her breath) any day: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...54_233x478.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Sorry, but I think a woman should give up bikinis at a certain age.
    Wow! Helen looks fabulous!

I don't think women should have to give up bikinis. I have worn one all my life mainly because a one piece never fits my long body and a tankini is not flattering to someone with very small boobs! That said, I wonder why Jane Seymour feels the need to pose in one in what is so obviously a retouched studio photo. It is not as though they caught her at the beach and so she posed (a la Helen M.) I've always associated the bikini photos with young starlets or reality TV people who have something to prove and are trying to make a name for themselves. Jane looks great but surely at this point it is not her body that is going to get her movie roles. Maybe it makes her feel good? Maybe she need the reassurance of positive comments? It just seems odd to me, but if she is happy, then I guess it doesn't matter - she's not hurting anyone.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I don't think Jane's cover is any odder than the hundred plus photos of Kim Kardashian's butt or Miley Cyrus's tongue that I'm constantly inundated with while standing in the grocery store line. Jane looks great, retouched or not. I certainly appreciate seeing a range of beauties from a range of ages. And at least Jane's photo it tasteful.

O-

Watch me move
    vCash
    Jane herself may not be hurting anyone, but I think that articles such as these can be very damaging. More "regular"-looking 62-year-olds might read it and think they are ugly or inadequate because they don't look like her - when she is the exception rather than the norm.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast