Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Twitter:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 24m
    Which #DowntonPBS bachelor is right for you? Take our trivia quiz to reveal your eligible #Downton man! http://to.pbs.org/1j4uF8c
    NOTE: This site is currently having problems...timing out...may have to try again later.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 02-18-2014 at 07:30 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter: **SPOILER ALERT**
    ooo I like one of those additions very much - just an actor and new character name for those who don't mind getting slightly spoiled on casting only -

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:

NOTE: This site is currently having problems...timing out...may have to try again later.
    Works for me - I got Charles Blake. Not a huge fan, but I'd rather have him than the alternatives! DA needs more hot eligible men

vCash
    Facebook recap is up!

http://happyplace.someecards.com/294...on-4-episode-7

Anna Bates looked up a phrase on Urban Dictionary "This and that" Def: Murder and Murder

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Znachki beats me again ...

(What, were hitting refresh every 20 seconds? It's only been up a few minutes. )

Lady Edith: "Why do men fight over you? You're a total asshole."

And a guest posting by God ...
    Last edited by Artemis@BC; 02-18-2014 at 10:07 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    "I think he wants to be the recipient of some of your charitable acts, if you get my drift"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Works for me - I got Charles Blake. Not a huge fan, but I'd rather have him than the alternatives! DA needs more hot eligible men
    I also got Blake.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    does farmer drewe even have a wife?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I believe he mentioned a wife and kids when he first appeared on the scene.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Znachki beats me again ... (What, were hitting refresh every 20 seconds? It's only been up a few minutes. )
    Nope, just happened to go over there to check. I was surprised that you hadn't already posted it.

I have to say, the snark was worth the wait.

Also, I'm already spoiled for what lies ahead, and all I can say is, (expectation - no detail)

Spoiler

Last edited by znachki; 02-19-2014 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    I have just caught up on the season, I thought it was the best yet.

I really wish Tomas would evolve as a character. It seems every times he gets a bit nicer, he goes back to being mean, and it is not that interesting. I think he could have an interesting story line by finding some great love and mellowing up - somehow. I always felt he had a lot of potential.

I don't understand what everyone sees in Mary. She almost always look like she is bored. Edith is so much more interesting, and also very pretty.

I think Daisy is my favorite, she is just so sweet, if a bit naïve, and she really tries to work hard and be better.

the most interesting part for me is how the children are brought up - I didn't realize how little they would see them and I agree with some posters that it is a bit surprising. As a parent you tend to think of them all the time, I am not sure why you would not, even if you have someone to deal with the annoying stuff (such as diaper changes...). I also wonder why Mary isn't feeding George. When Sibyl was born, there was a discussion about finding a nurse for her, and how they would not need it for that long since there was a new way of feeding infants 'physicians formula' - which was very much experimental at that point. I would have thought that if it was not normal for the gentry to nurse their own babies, a nurse would already have been lined up?

I think Rose is so much fun, I really think she was a nice addition, since she was the only one who was really joyful and carefree - even Sibyl wasn't. Of course now she will probably be all sad - I don't think it will last too long, hopefully.
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

vCash
    I agree with you about Thomas; he needs more to do than hover over Baxter looking for info/ammunition. I hope that next season he will be given an interesting story line that leads to some personal growth.

vCash
    I think that may have been one of the best Facebook recaps yet! Loved all of the moments mentioned above, but my favourite was Isobel sharing the buzzfeed "what kind of politician are you?" quiz with Tom and that he got Limousine Liberal.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Wait, he isn't the farmer that Edith was caught canoodling with by his wife?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I totally forgot about that. She really gets around, that Edith

That farmer was Drake.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post

That farmer was Drake.
    Got my farmers confused.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    I think Rose is so much fun, I really think she was a nice addition, since she was the only one who was really joyful and carefree - even Sibyl wasn't. Of course now she will probably be all sad - I don't think it will last too long, hopefully.
    I really enjoyed your post! (And Bostonfan - loved all of your perspectives on the various storylines.)

MaatTheViking, I would have completely agreed with your perspective on Rose until this past episode. Up to now, she seemed quite kind-hearted. And she did seem to have genuine romantic feelings toward Jack. Yet the fact that the idea of her mother's face crumbling at the thought of a black future son-in-law filled Rose with such glee didn't sit well with me. Since that would likely be her mother's reaction, I would think she'd be giving an awful lot of thought to both how she should prepare Jack for the intial meeting, and how she could help prepare Jack for the lifelong difficulties to come. She changed from fun, open-mided, and harmless in my view to quite hurtful and thoughtless with respect to Jack.

Great perspective on Sybil. Although she was always so pleasant and kind, I never noticed that she wasn't the joyful person that Rose is. I guess this is due in part to the fact that, unlike Rose, she was very concerned with not hurting her parents. So I guess that restrained her a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Wait, he isn't the farmer that Edith was caught canoodling with by his wife?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post

That farmer was Drake.
    Lady Edith and The Farmers would be a good name for a bluegrass band.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Twitter:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 31m
    NEW #DowntonPBS video: Historical oracle Alistair Bruce on the character of Tom Branson & working with @Allenleech - http://to.pbs.org/1hjBGEA

Title-less
    vCash
    I think Bates and Anna are doomed--the only chance they have is if both actors decide to stay till they stop making the show.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    I really enjoyed your post! (And Bostonfan - loved all of your perspectives on the various storylines.)

MaatTheViking, I would have completely agreed with your perspective on Rose until this past episode. Up to now, she seemed quite kind-hearted. And she did seem to have genuine romantic feelings toward Jack. Yet the fact that the idea of her mother's face crumbling at the thought of a black future son-in-law filled Rose with such glee didn't sit well with me. Since that would likely be her mother's reaction, I would think she'd be giving an awful lot of thought to both how she should prepare Jack for the intial meeting, and how she could help prepare Jack for the lifelong difficulties to come. She changed from fun, open-mided, and harmless in my view to quite hurtful and thoughtless with respect to Jack.
    Why would she be doing that, though? Young, carefree, liberated people don't think like that, especially in the Twenties. She's a classic "limousine liberal"--she doesn't care that he's black as far as dating him goes, but she's utterly clueless about what that actually MEANS for him (much, much worse than it means now), let alone what being engaged to a wealthy aristocratic girl would mean. She also likely isn't used to seeing genuine consequences for herself--Mummy calling her dress slutty is bad but makes her feel heroic for wearing it. That Mummy might very well disown her and Daddy would go along with it because marrying a black man is just too far is I think beyond her comprehension. Rose is nice and sweet and fun and "progressive", but she's not really clear on consequences because she's never really faced any other than the "woe is me, I'm so trapped by boring conventional people." (She only avoided a nasty comeuppance involving the married guy last time because Matthew shut it down hard.) She kind of IS the 'fast young things of the Twenties' set, cruising for a nasty wakeup when the party ends with the markets crashing. Ironically Mary and Tom may set Downton up to ride that out better than Rose's fast-living crowd. Here, though, it seems like again a man's going to save her (because Jack's smart and has LIVED the reality of being black in the Twenties. If anything he knows running off to America would make it worse. They could I suppose go off to more open-minded France but that's going to suck hard in a few years, too.)

As far as why Mary over Edith up thread, maattheViking: Mary's strikingly beautiful soaked in pig mud, let alone dressed for the evening. Edith's pretty if you do her hair nicely and put her in the right clothes. (Though the one I never got was Sibyl. I guess she had a cute factor but she was never what I'd cal beautiful.)

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast