Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Facebook "recap" is up:

http://happyplace.someecards.com/292...on-4-episode-6

Branson's "A Look Back"

Mr. Bates - Soon...

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Edit: Znachi beat me to it.

Cora: "Maybe you being gone will give my character the chance to have a storyline for a change."
    Julian Fellowes: "Nope."

vCash
    If looks could kill...be AFRAID, Mr. Green, very, very AFRAID!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgFK70gIAAAFMnx.jpg

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    he could feed him to all those neglected pigs
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    What a delicious episode Has to be one of the best written ones so far. It went by in 5 minutes.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    My favorite snarky recap site strikes again!

http://www.thirteen.org/program-cont...n-4-episode-6/

THE DOWNTON ABBEY DISH – Downton Abbey Season 4 Recap: Episode 6 (aired 02/09/2014)

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Yesterday I saw a trailer of Winter's Tale starring Jessica Brown Findlay, Colin Farrell
    The hotness factor of those two on screen together could drive a nun to order a magic egg and a gross of batteries for it. .

Overall, I loved this episode -- definitely one of the strongest in a while.

Still, I have to suppress an urge to hurl something at the TV whenever I hear the paired names of Rose and Jack. I mean, seriously, Mr. Fellowes, with the vast number of names in the universe, did you really have to put *those* *two* together? Didn't we endure enough Rose/Jack crap back in 1998?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh yeah. I was wondering what you all were referring to. That was definitely enough.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Oh yeah. I was wondering what you all were referring to. That was definitely enough.
    The one saving grace is that in the Downton universe, we're not subjected to them constantly screeching "ROSE!!!" "JACK!!!" at one another eleventy-billion times each hour.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The one saving grace is that in the Downton universe, we're not subjected to them constantly screeching "ROSE!!!" "JACK!!!" at one another eleventy-billion times each hour.
    And hopefully no one dies of hypothermia.

I totally thought that:
    ‘Damn you Fellowes!!! If you f@#%&*g kill off The Dowager Countess of Grantham, I will not be held accountable for my actions!!!!’
    I literally thought, Fellowes, you better not kill off Professor McGonagall, you better not!!!!!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Ok, here's something weird. I watched this episode on DVD earlier in the week because I wasn't sure I was going to make it home in time to watch on TV. In the end I did make it home, and watched again on TV. And I started spotting a couple of small scenes that I didn't remember seeing on the DVD. So I made a specific note of one of them, then went back to the DVD again. And sure enough, it wasn't there.

(I can't remember the earlier scene, but the one I double-checked was when Cora and Mary get the phone call about Violet being ill, and say something along the lines of "Should we call Robert?" An insignificant scene, to be sure, but that's not the point.)

This is very odd because if there are going to cuts between the DVD version and the broadcast version, it's usually the broadcast that gets cut, not the DVD. And also odd because it's the PBS edition of the DVD, so you'd think they'd be the same.

And of course it makes me wonder what other cuts have been made ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    No, I don't think that would have happened. Ever. It might have if they were living in "Crawley House" (or whatever it's called, where Isobel lives), but their entire married life was spent at Downton Abbey.
    Perhaps there was some occasion when they were on their honeymoon? Staying is some little out-of-the-way village in something decidedly non-posh. Mary decides to surprise Matthew and asks their landlady to teach her how to scramble eggs. ;P

But it's hard for me to be too critical of that one detail, when Mary looked so darned proud of herself.
    See my above scenario to eliminate any reason to be critical of that detail.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    It's really disturbing how many times I try to "like" comments on the Downton Abbey Facebook before I remember it's not real. ("This is why I tell you people to use a real doctor and not WebMD!" "Our names are Rose and Jack and we're literally in a boat. This clearly isn't going to end well.")

..Anyone else really beginning to wonder if Bates's conviction was really legit the first time around?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    It's really disturbing how many times I try to "like" comments on the Downton Abbey Facebook before I remember it's not real.
    LOL - yes!

..Anyone else really beginning to wonder if Bates's conviction was really legit the first time around?
    Not really. If he were going to kill Vera I don't think he'd use poison -- that's such a passive, detached way to do it. He'd do something much more physical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    If he were going to kill Vera I don't think he'd use poison -- that's such a passive, detached way to do it. He'd do something much more physical.
    Definitely. He'd have been more likely to strangle her in a fit of rage than poison her which would take cold-blooded planning..
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Except that's assuming he's not cold-blooded enough to plan it. Strangling her in a fit of rage was not going to get him off the gallows at the time so if he wanted her gone, he'd have had to be smart.

vCash
    Oh, I think he's plenty cold-blooded enough to plan it. But poison is still too passive.

Plus I'm not sure it would have fit his sense of justice to plan a calculated murder. Not for her anyway. Green deserves to be beaten to a pulp because of what he did to Anna. Vera, OTH, was greedy and spiteful, but not physically violent -- so the punishment to fit that crime would have been to hit her where it hurts, somehow take away the financial comforts she cheated out of him.

vCash
    To Artemis,
    Yes PBS has slightly longer versions of the episodes than the Dvds you have. There are other scenes you will find missing as well. The scene where Robert and Cora are talking about Branson's intentions to go to America and how he would lose the only connection he had to Sybil? You won't find this in your Dvd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tamuno View Post
    To Artemis,
    Yes PBS has slightly longer versions of the episodes than the Dvds you have. There are other scenes you will find missing as well. The scene where Robert and Cora are talking about Branson's intentions to go to America and how he would lose the only connection he had to Sybil? You won't find this in your Dvd.
    That is so weird.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    It looks like only one more episode and the "Christmas" special to go. US Episode count is different than the UK, because our Ep 1 was the UK's Ep 1 & 2.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast