Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm Dumbledore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    It was Rickman. JKR said multiple times she didn't understand the notion that Snape was a "good guy". He wasn't written that way at all. He was the cause of Lily's death and he was remorseful and paid the price, but he was also terrible toward Harry and it wasn't all an act for the death eaters and Voldemort. This is one of the ways he was able to convince Voldemort of his loyalty given Volemort's ability to read his thoughts. I think this played out in OOTP during Harry's occulamancy lessons. His helping Dumbledore was only because Dumbledore called him a coward for only wanting to save Lily and not James or Harry. Dumbledore essentially forced him to say "save them all." As Lily told him in the book, he choose his companions while at Hogwarts and he choose the path of the dark arts. He could have made different choices and not lost Lily as a friend, but he didn't. This is one of the many reasons I didn't like the movies compared to the books. I love Rickman and thought he was perfectly cast as Snape, but he was only given a limited script which was frequently altered from the books.
    It wasn't just the movies. In the book Harry named his son after Snape & called him the bravest man he'd ever known. And Snape may have cursed George's ear off but he also saved him from a killing curse - he never agreed to protect anyone but Harry so he must have done that from the goodness of his heart. I would much rather be Snape than Wormtail.

BTW what is OOTP?

vCash
    Order of the Phoenix.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    I'm Hermione. Sigh. I'm always Hermione. Even when I try to make my answers so I'm not Hermione- I'm Hermione. I guess I'll just have to live with it.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Depending upon how I answer the last question, I'm either Ron or Hermione. The whole package I'll stick with Ron, since there are far too many Hermiones and Dumbledores around here!
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    It wasn't just the movies. In the book Harry named his son after Snape & called him the bravest man he'd ever known. And Snape may have cursed George's ear off but he also saved him from a killing curse - he never agreed to protect anyone but Harry so he must have done that from the goodness of his heart. I would much rather be Snape than Wormtail.

BTW what is OOTP?
    Brave doesn't mean good as JKR has said multiple times. Wormtail is a totally different character than Snape. Not even remotely similar.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I don't know HP well enough to manipulate the answers to get a particular character. So I guess I really am Snape. I'm going with the movie version...

If I were choosing who to be I'd be Luna.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Any Voldemorts?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Jamesy is Voldemort.

I always suspected that.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Dumbledore
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    According to this test I'm Albus Dumbledore! Go figure!

In real life, I'm definitely Hermione though. My sisters call me Hermione. In college I often had nightmares about being late for a class or forgetting to show up for a class and failing it. I went to every single class, never missed an assignment, took notes on everything... I even did the over-extending class load in my sophomore year. I took 18 hours one semester and it was horrible! Four classes in one day! It was so terrible b/c I was working part-time as well and I didn't have enough hours in the day to study everything and then my tests started overlapping. I was so stressed I developed vertigo and thought I was dying!

I'm the know-it-all in my family too...but not in an annoying way. More like a "How on Earth do you know that?" kind of way.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    In RL I'm a combination of Harry, Sirius and Snape. I can identify with Hermione, but didn't have a problem with skiving off a class or two. I totally identify with Snape as a teacher, except I don't favor the Slytherins and the sorting hat would definitely place me in Griffindore. Maybe I'm Lily at heart.

vCash
    Luna. On repeat I got Hermione, and is likely somewhere in between.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Fumbled ore.

vCash
    Ha ha the iPad is trying to correct my spelling. I meant Dumbledore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Brave doesn't mean good as JKR has said multiple times. Wormtail is a totally different character than Snape. Not even remotely similar.
    I didn't mean they were similar. I just meant that a person with a weak character like Wormtail wasn't good or brave - he fact, unlike Snape he had no redeeming qualities at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    In college I often had nightmares about being late for a class or forgetting to show up for a class and failing it.
    I've been out of college for 10 years and still have the nightmare of failing a class I didn't know I was registered for at least 4 times a year, usually around the semester start/end points.

However, I don't think I'm Hermoine, because I don't see myself being a Griffindor.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I didn't mean they were similar. I just meant that a person with a weak character like Wormtail wasn't good or brave - he fact, unlike Snape he had no redeeming qualities at all.
    Just one. He hesitated a critical fraction of a second when in the Malfoy dungeon, as Dumbledore predicted because Harry saved his life and created a magical debt, which in turn caused the hand created by Voldemort to strangle him. He made a critical choice, at a critical time which proved invaluable to Harry and Ron, albeit, not so good an outcome for poor Peter. Remember, the sorting hat put Peter in Gryffindore. There was that one tiny, but critical, spark of bravery that was demonstrated at the end.

The entire series is about choices and having remorse for one's actions. I read a very good essay on Neville being the critical character in the entire series based on choices. Neville is the analog for Peter throughout the series and demonstrates how the choices Neville made defined him.

(I've read and/or listened to the books at least 20 times).

vCash
    Nobody else loves animals? I guess that's the only reason I came out as Hagrid.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast