Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Bizarre. He knows all his enemies? And he gets to name an heir? Of what? I don't think there really is a inherited title involved. LOL.

vCash
    Haha this was a great interview. They need Plushy in Sochi, if only for the entertainment/drama factor that the sport sorely needs at present.

vCash
    My Russian is shite, but it would be nice if the word "enemies" could be replaced with "opponents."
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    My Russian is shite, but it would be nice if the word "enemies" could be replaced with "opponents."
    Yep, your russian is shite. Check the word. недруг. Google translate offers `foe'. Urban dictionary tells the meaning of the `foe' is enemy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    *shrugs* I don't see what's so controversial about his refusal to anoint Kovtun as the next chosen one. Kovtun DID finish 17th at Worlds last year, and he HASN'T proven himself over a period of time at the Senior level. He didn't say anything untoward. And when Plushy was 17 he WAS bringing home international medals and European medals and was fourth at Worlds (though he was favoured to win). So he didn't say anything untrue...just because people don't like the facts, doesn't make them less true.
    What Plushenko did over ten years ago, is irrelevant. That Plushenko isn't available to skate for Russia. What's at issue is what he's capable of doing now. What does it say about his condition that he couldn't beat someone who placed 17th at last years worlds.

As for Russia needing him, there's a good chance he could be detrimental.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Yep, your russian is shite. Check the word. недруг. Google translate offers `foe'. Urban dictionary tells the meaning of the `foe' is enemy.
    Well, I was hoping that I was wrong and that plush's choice of words was just badly translated. Apparently not. Now i like him even less.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Thanks for the interview translation!!! WOW, I was really entertained, wonderful.....

vCash
    That was a remarkable interview...and it does sound like Pluschenko.

His ego certainly hasn't deflated.

How's Yagudin viewed in Russia these days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    How's Yagudin viewed in Russia these days?
    As an Olympic champion who now takes part in skating-with-the-stars shows on TV. Also, women find him hot.
    Sometimes his name appears in the press, usually like "Yagudin said so and so about what Plushenko now does"

vCash
    Disclaimer: am not sure who on earth Rasskazova is, but usually her interviews scratch the insanity. My impression is that it's a fanfic, which, for some reason, is published in the paper. Beats me whether Pluschenko actually spoke to her, but between Pluschenko and Rasskazova am not sure who is less connected with the reality. Sit back and enjoy

.....There are skaters who don't allow themselves skating below a certain level even in the shows. Lambiel, Battle. Even skaters from the different generation :Boitano, Browning. They skate very interesting programmes that you enjoy watching and they keep progressing all the time. ...
    I find it fascinating that, if he actually did say it, Plushenko admires skaters who push themselves and keep progressing all the time. My biggest beef with him was that imho he did not do anything of the sort the year he won his Olympic Gold medal, knowing the judges were rewarding him highly for whatever he cared to put out, but then again he is older now and perhaps wiser in that area.

So that's just my opinion and worthless to those who don't agree but just felt like adding my 2 cents.

vCash
    I really hope Olympics is his last competition.

vCash
    OMG, this interview is hilarious. Seriously, if bionic Plushy goes on like that, I'd be tempted to hope that he might make it through three more Olympic cycles. One can always need a good laugh! Thanks for posting TAHbKA!

EP: Alexey Yagudin was never known for telling the truth in your face. It was never his thing. Just behind your back.
    When Yagudin is landing a 3T and waves hands as if he did something unbelievable just now... I also wonder `WTF' and `What for'.
    Well, true love lasts forever! I can’t believe he really said that!

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    *shrugs* I don't see what's so controversial about his refusal to anoint Kovtun as the next chosen one. Kovtun DID finish 17th at Worlds last year, and he HASN'T proven himself over a period of time at the Senior level. He didn't say anything untoward. And when Plushy was 17 he WAS bringing home international medals and European medals and was fourth at Worlds (though he was favoured to win). So he didn't say anything untrue...just because people don't like the facts, doesn't make them less true.
    But you can tell truth in different ways – sure Plushenko was bringing home medals the age Kovtun placed only 17th at Worlds. On the other hand Plushenko was never in the position having to compete for the first time at senior worlds that age with never having competed at seniors and with being the only Russian there with all responsibility on his shoulders solely. When he made his Worlds debut Russia had a very strong team (actually he was pretty lucky to make it!) and alongside him competed Yagudin who placed 3rd the year before and Plushenko was already was competing at senior GP-events the 2nd year. So far more experience and less pressure. I’m hardly a fan of Kotun’s skating, but he had to give his debut at worlds under completely different circumstances than Plushenko. And if the latter one is angry about the situation with the single spot, he should rather blame his fed and TAT who rushed Kovtun into that competition. So I think his remarks were rather unfriendly towards his rival. But who cares - so were Kovtun's remarks towards Plushenko.

In fact it’s indeed laughable how RFSF, TAT and others promote Kovtun already as Plushenko’s heir or may a 2nd Yagudin. Indeed one or two good competition don`t make a legendary skater.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    TAHbKA got it right, sorry Nomad. Unknowingly, she and I both worked on the translation at the same time. Next time I embark on a lengthy translation project, I will be sure to check with her!

Here's my version.

Also, below the article are about a 100 comments. These posters appear to be taking the content of the article as real and let me tell you: our own FSU Plushy critics are sweet and cuddly little kitty cats compared to the Russians.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Probably Yagudin is envy of Plushy 's fame,succes, popularity and probably his money too... -sorry Unicorn- Plushy beat him in all aspects. Last year Plushy invited Yag to his birthday'show, he did not want to go at first, but then skated in it. Probably Plushy paid a lot of money for him. Yagudin in most of cases says bad words on Plush, despite the facts that Plush is always praising him as the greatest opponent, who always pushed him. Plushy usually didn't respond to Yag's statments, but he was asked abouit it by the reporter.
    ------
    Plushy said "enemies" this is the good word. Plushy wanted to use that. He talked about his enemies, not his opponent. When you are so famous, so well-known,so rich, so succesful and your wife is also, and you are in the TV almost every day, you have enemies. Not to mention, he always says what he thinks, he is a very honest person, and many people don't like that. He is such a man an unbending man. There are people who don't like him, but much more people love him so much.

What did he say in interview? Nothing, what is not true, but maybe you don't like because he is too confident...Oh yes.. But what do you think why did he win so many titles? He really believes in himself. He is special.
    Last edited by lala; 12-30-2013 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    I find it interesting that some people here would say they "like him even less" for speaking his mind,
    Really ?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    TAHbKA got it right, sorry Nomad. Unknowingly, she and I both worked on the translation at the same time. Next time I embark on a lengthy translation project, I will be sure to check with her!

Here's my version.

Also, below the article are about a 100 comments. These posters appear to be taking the content of the article as real and let me tell you: our own FSU Plushy critics are sweet and cuddly little kitty cats compared to the Russians.
    How much critical comment ? 100? Plushy is the Athlete of the year 2013. He didn't compete. He beat Isinbaeva, who did a great come back and she is the world champion again.
    Last edited by lala; 12-30-2013 at 12:07 AM.

vCash
    I actually love what he says about Yagudin and how he skates now.

vCash
    Ohh girls!! so funny topic!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    And he gets to name an heir? Of what? I don't think there really is a inherited title involved. LOL.
    This had me Like, being the best Russian skater currently competing is something that depends on Plushy's stamp of approval, not actual results. The interview makes him sound like Theon Greyjoy, complete with a misplaced sense of entitlement.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    How much critical comment ? 100? Plushy is the Athlete of the year 2013. He didn't compete. He beat Isinbaeva, who did a great come back and she is the world champion again.
    Do you speak Russian? Check them out. There were 97 of them last night and so many were very critical, to put it mildly.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast