Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    It doesn't bode well that TPTB are diluting the SOI brand by essentially putting a Champions on Ice style show on under the name "Stars on Ice."

I don't feel like the sport is in capable hands in terms of finding new audiences, new markets, etc.

Can Ilya Averbukh defect?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    From what I've seen, no skaters are confirmed except Meryl and Charlie and Ashley...

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    And the thing is there can't be something now that was like the old Champions On Ice because of the changes in figure skating. COI came out of a tour that was able to get virtually all the Oly champions from every country because there weren't tours elsewhere. Its no longer like that when there are more successful shows and tours in Russia, Japan and elsewhere.

In any case, the prospective tour comes nowhere near Washington D.C. so its a moot point for me.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    In any case, the prospective tour comes nowhere near Washington D.C. so its a moot point for me.
    I'm debating whether to drive up to Hershey on a Thurs night. It's about an hour and a half drive, each way. A PITA, but I do really want to see D/W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I don't understand this question. The essence of the announcement is that SOI and USFS are partnering on the SOI tour in the US. There hasn't been a separate tour here for USFS/ISU skaters for several years now, since the old COI (aka the ISU tour or the Collins tour) merged with SOI.
    Sorry, I forgot IMG owned SOI. I was thinking they were doing a 'special' Olympic tour not the standard SOI tour.

vCash
    Looks like they're also selling tickets to meet & greets with the entire cast after each show. $75 per attendee. Kinda steep, but it may be more straightforward than the fan club boondoggle they've been trying over the last few years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12