vCash

U.S. figure skating champ Aaron to drop from three to two quads

I think this has not been posted here yet:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-ol...-two-quads.ap/

I really like how critical he assesses his performances!

vCash
    I'm not a huge fan of his skating, but I'm well impressed with his attitude!
    Touching the void.

vCash
    If only some of our US Ladies would get ticked off about how bad they have been skating this season and not keep saying the same old thing about how at least they tried. When Gracie blew it at SC i wanted to see some anger about how she gave it away not be happy with just the bronze medal.
    Last edited by Jammers; 12-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.

vCash
    Hopefully the number of quads won't be the only thing dropping for Max, e.g., placment in the field from first to ???. Hope he can make one of those two Olympic spots for U.S. men.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Oops, I’ve just figured out that the article has been posted earlier at the U.S. men discussion.
    Admin – can you please delete this threat or close?

vCash
    Aw, he's a good kid. I hope he decides to drop that Molly Ringwald haircut too...

vCash
    The takeaway by the media seems to be more about him taking away from his technical content, rather than emphasizing what will also need which is to raise his PCS. Obviously the two are linked but it is till impressive to pull off 2 Quads in a program in the US

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    Oops, I’ve just figured out that the article has been posted earlier at the U.S. men discussion.
    Don't worry about it - separate threads for newsworthy articles are allowed to be started.

I'm interested to know how much his Carmen FS music has changed. Tweeted by @LynnRutherford yesterday afternoon:
    Another USFS teleconf.: After careful consideration @MaxTAaron announced he will not try 4toe in FS at U.S. Championships; sticks w/2 4Sals.

More on Aaron: Max worked w/Lori Nichol to re-choreograph much of FS & is using different sections of Carmen score: "It flows better."
    Tom Zakrajsek's reply tweet:
    @LynnRutherford This new version has the music pieces and pacing that Lori [Nichol] originally wanted. It shows Max as a complete skater. I like it!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-28-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I think Max made a very wise decision, and regarding what he stated:

''Still to this day, I'm very embarrassed,'' he said.
    He shouldn't be. It seems like to me that it's awesome that he can do two quads!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Quadless
    vCash
    I love his candid self-assessment and will be rooting for him at nationals.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I suppose it's a good idea for him to trim down the jump content, but I'm still disappointed that an LP w/ 3 quads didn't work out. I liked the ambition and I think his goal was a major breakthrough in an Olympic season. So, I assume he will repeat the 4sal and 3x like last season?

vCash
    Since IIRC he never actually landed three quads in a program, I think going for two is the right move. Maybe next season, without the Olympic pressure, he'll be able to get a third quad into the LP.

I don't think Carmen is the right choice to show him as a "complete skater", whatever that's supposed to be.

vCash
    Aaron's 2014 U.S. Champs Teleconference (12/27/13; uploaded 12/30/13) | 00:20:29
    Listen to Max Aaron's teleconference prior to the 2014 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/video/topi...5720/v31283311
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I have been very impressed with his improvement this season. He clearly seems self-aware of what he is lacking and he has been working on it.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Max's work ethic is very impressive. I wish him the best at Nationals!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.