Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Can Cesario take the bronze at Nationals

Does anyone think she has a realistic shot to take the third spot?
    I noticed during her SP during the GP she scored really low in the SP.
    What is keeping her scores down?

vCash
    Yes.

Too bad the 3loop3loop keeps getting URed. She did it probably as well as she could, alas the 3loop rarely gets full credit as a second jump.

Another factor is her spins. She keeps missing levels because she doesn't hold the positions long enough. She is also quite slow.

Still, aside from Wagner, she is probably the most consistent US lady so far this season.

vCash
    It's Ashley's title to lose unless Gracie finally brings it and stops skating scared. A less then clean Gold will probably still make the team if she lands enough jumps since judges love her speed power jumps and spins. But she better bring it. Cesario on the other hand has mediocre spins and is a bit slow.

vCash
    Anything can happen, so I cannot count her out for the bronze, but I don't see her as the front runner for it.

vCash
    Cesario is a dark horse for the bronze. If the others skate horribly, Cesario might snatch it.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I am not sure how much support Sam will get from USFS. On the one hand, she has been consistent. Yet on the other hand, her season's best scores are still less than Gao or Mirai. Also, at her age she might not be considered the future of the sport since USFS tends to get behind younger skaters

vCash
    Yes, but my fear is it's going to be hard for her to do it if she's skating in the penultimate warm-up group, which is likely to happen if she keeps going for 3lo-3lo as her combo or if she goes for a 3lo-2t or 3f-2t instead. Looking at Russian Nats, SP makes a big difference. Penultimate ladies warmup received like zero PCS inflation while the final flight had some serious PCS inflation. And unless your name is Gracie Gold, I don't see the judges at US Nats handing out big PCS inflation for the penultimate FS flight at Nationals, meaning Sam can have a clean FS and still wind up somewhere between 5th and 10th overall.

So I guess, if she can do a 3f-3t or 3lo-3t as her combo in the SP at Nats, and get full credit for it, then I think she has a good shot at winning bronze. Or if she does the 3lo-3lo or a 3-2 and still makes the final flight for the FS, then she has a good shot as well. But if she can't do that, my fear is penultimate warmup and lack of inflation in the FS and an overall placement much like last year. I hope I'm wrong though.

vCash
    She will need to be in the final skating group for the LP to have any chance of winning the bronze. There are too many contenders for the bronze. I believe gold & silver will go to Ashley & Gracie in any order.

vCash
    Of course she does. It is pretty clear at this point that bronze and probably the 3rd spot on the U.S Olympic team is still wide open for ladies. Nobody has far distinguished herself. I would be a bit surprised if it were here, as I think the judges will give it to a more veteran skater (although I have no idea why, as I think it would be more beneficial if anything to look to the future as most of these middle aged veteran contendres are huge dissapointments who havent evne made a Worlds yet), but I definitely could her as a possability. I have a feeling the judges will give Agnes the bronze and the Olympic team spot unless she does something disesaterous (despite that I would far rather see Gao or Nagasu), but with her even that is no certainty.

vCash
    Yeah, I think she could take it, Ashley and Gracie will likely be 1-2 but SC can definitely take on Mirai, Agnes, and Christina (Gao).

vCash
    I would like to believe that Mirai is on a roll but we won't know until the results are final.

vCash
    I think that third spot is really up for grabs........... there is simply a plethora of ladies who, on any day, could take that spot. Frankly, I think the second spot is not such a sure thing. Although Gracie has all the talent, her skating has been a crap shoot this year. If you look at the entire year, and the results, I think Ashley is the only one who has skated consistently. Gracie will win or lose that second spot on her own.

I would love to see Cesario go..I like her skating, her musicality, and well...her. I think it is all gonna be a nail biter.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie12 View Post
    I am not sure how much support Sam will get from USFS. On the one hand, she has been consistent. Yet on the other hand, her season's best scores are still less than Gao or Mirai. Also, at her age she might not be considered the future of the sport since USFS tends to get behind younger skaters
    They got her two GPs to Hick's one. Her more mature, post-growth spurt body may be an advantage actually. For example, it looks like Edmunds could lose her jumps any minute when she grew one cm taller or wider (the way Meissner lost her jumps).

vCash
    Cesario certainly could take the bronze - but I hope it's Mirai in the top 3 at the end of the night.

vCash
    Nope, she has no chance of bronze.

I am betting on Rachael Flatt making the podium, I heard she is skating really fantastic in Colorado springs at the moment.
    We all know Rachael can handle the pressure of the Olympic qualifier. I just hope the judges don't count her out from the beginning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Cesario certainly could take the bronze - but I hope it's Mirai in the top 3 at the end of the night.
    I hope it's between Nagasu and Cesario. Nagasu is the only likely contender left who has been to Worlds and Olympics and highest placed at ISU Championships (3rd at 4CCs and 4th at Olympics). (no I don't think Flatt is a contender) With Cesario, they would be going for someone new who has potential and on that point she has had more success and stability than the likes of Gao and Hicks this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post
    Nope, she has no chance of bronze.

I am betting on Rachael Flatt making the podium, I heard she is skating really fantastic in Colorado springs at the moment.
    We all know Rachael can handle the pressure of the Olympic qualifier. I just hope the judges don't count her out from the beginning.
    That would be my biggest concern. I hope Rachael skates great. If she makes the Oly team, it will be the comeback of the year among US ladies.

vCash
    I really think bronze will be between Sam and Mirai. Sam has really been the only US lady outside of Ashley who is really fighting for the Olympics, and she has a strong sense of confidence on the ice and you can feel that fight. Mirai is gaining steam though and hopefully confidence, and I really think it's going to be a fight between those two with Christina, Courtney, and even a miraculously clean Agnes there if both falter.

vCash
    I like Cesario's 'attitude walk' during her step sequence. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I like Cesario's 'attitude walk' during her step sequence. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    I do, and I think it's fantastic! Her program has several small moments like that throughout. Nice attention to the 'attitude' of the piece.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast