Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Transitions of merit by plushenko according to most
    "Most"? Really?
    especially Inman who made the isu video indicating he should have been given 3.
    Joe Inman said in an email what he thought the transitions scores should have been. He did not make a video saying Plushenko should have been given a 3 for transitions, and neither did the ISU. If you can't get your basic facts right, why should we believe anything else you say?

It's so stupid -the whole thread and my comment is about plushenko. The above is extreme nitpicking stupidity.
    No, it isn't. It's asking you to explain your comments about Plushenko, and to write them in a way that is understandable.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    [QUOTE=Ziggy;4090330]One

'There,' not 'their.'

As for the answer to your question, since IJS has been introduced, we've seen much more transitions being performed than before that.

Since you insist on grammatical nitpicking/criticising other posters' use of Englsh, it's MANY more transitions not much more.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    The Title of this thread will be borne out if the Rules for participation in the Team Event are followed 'as formulated by the ISU and then accepted by the IOC' when the event was approved by the IOC. The rule specifically states that those nations who qualify only one skater or pair/dance team to any individual event CANNOT USE a substitute skater in the team event unless the one qualified skater/pair/dance team to their individual event is injured or takes ill causing w/d from the Olympics. Kovtun secured the one Russian male olympic spot and won the Russian Championships. Unless the Russian Federation breaks it's own rules and picks Plushenko over Kovtun to skate the individual men's event or Kovtun becomes injured or ill causing his w/d, Plushenko will not be taking part in the Sochi games, PERIOD!
    Thank you. I hope that you are right, Visaliakid! If I were Kovtun, I would have a bodyguard around every second between now and the start of the Olympics, i.e., TAT - don't desert him!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    .... The above is extreme nitpicking stupidity.
    No, it isn't. If you want to make a convincing argument, the least you could do is try to make it coherent. Your current posting style of hysterical, incoherent word vomit doesn't convince anyone of anything. Add to that your habit of ignoring/not checking facts, and the only one who comes off as "stupid" is you. And I'm being generous here, because frankly, I think you're nuts.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    OMG!
    I hope you are joking .. Who would be the attackers? You believe Tat doing everything for him...he is a strong player..

today news
    http://www.rg.ru/2013/12/29/konki-euro-site.html (google translate)
    On Friday morning, the Board of Federation of figure skating in Russia, whose members are and I approved the national team at the European Championships in Budapest. Compared with those who were offered late evening held on the eve of coaching advice, had been made some important changes. And I must say that at no time in determining the composition of members of the Board did not arise absolutely no disagreement.

Let's start with the male staff. This question, many exciting and interpreted it in print rather ambiguously, in different ways. Let us discuss it in more detail. First, note that the composition was approved solely on the European Championship, which will be held in Budapest from 14 to 19 January. So, men: Maxim Kovtun, Evgeni Plushenko, Sergei Voronov. Substitutes: Konstantin Menchov, Adya Pitkeev.

Do Evgeni Plushenko said Federation President Alexander Gorshkov, a special situation. Due to injury, he began to prepare other later. According to Plushenko at this championship, he was ready for more. But not everything was. Great importance for Eugene plays the time factor, and plays on it. It is possible that soon the potential Plushenko is immeasurably higher. President of the Federation supported the Director General Federation Valentin Piseyev: pity that in the pursuit of any program triple Axel Zhenyu knocked out of the rut, but the progress in the preparation of clearly perceptible.

Plushenko coach Alexei Mishin asked to be released from Zhenyu participation in the European Championship. The request was granted. And number three, is for purely sport principle was approved by Konstantin Menchov, who finished fourth at the national championships. A spare instead became Arthur Gachinsky. And Plushenko meanwhile trains. So on Friday, he ran a very long cross, feels good.

Now part of the Olympic. Competitions championship team before the start of the Olympics - February 6th. The deadline for submitting an application to participate - 27 January. This will be taken into account and the results skaters Championships in Budapest, and athletic form, typed for the Olympics. The final squad for the Olympic Games will determine the Expert Group. It does not include any of the personal trainers of applicants to participate in the Olympics, and the members of the Panel will be responsible for the performance at the Olympics. The group is headed Federation president, head coach of the team, Alexander Gorshkov. Just a group of 11 people.
    Photo: Alexander Wilf / RIA Novosti www.ria.ru

Evgeni Plushenko will not go to the European Championship

Team Championship for the first time, and can be so in the regulation of these events is not clearly spelled out all the items are treated differently. From day to day, it is expected that the IOC will make the necessary adjustments and then comes complete clarity on the nominations. This kind of competition is extremely important for Russia. According to the results of this year's tournament, our team leader, along with Canadians. So, there are chances and gold.

vCash
    ^ Speaking of nutty, you can always count on lala to chime in with something out of left field.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I predict one of two things will happen:
    1) In a ballsy move, the Russian Skating Federation sends Kovtun to skate everything and leaves Plushenko off the team. Maybe the Russian Olympic Committee finds some sort of non-skating honorary role for him.
    2) In a ballsy move, Cinquanta decides that the host country should indeed be granted an extra skater/couple per discipline, and Plushenko becomes a newly-legitimized member of the athletes' delegation as the second Men's skater.

vCash
    I'm betting on #2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    I predict one of two things will happen:
    1) In a ballsy move, the Russian Skating Federation sends Kovtun to skate everything and leaves Plushenko off the team. Maybe the Russian Olympic Committee finds some sort of non-skating honorary role for him.
    2) In a ballsy move, Cinquanta decides that the host country should indeed be granted an extra skater/couple per discipline, and Plushenko becomes a newly-legitimized member of the athletes' delegation as the second Men's skater.
    Thus granting the request made by Russia over a year ago (see here - it's buried in the middle of the story). They really were thinking ahead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    "Most"? Really?

Joe Inman said in an email what he thought the transitions scores should have been. He did not make a video saying Plushenko should have been given a 3 for transitions, and neither did the ISU. If you can't get your basic facts right, why should we believe anything else you say?

No, it isn't. It's asking you to explain your comments about Plushenko, and to write them in a way that is understandable.
    Ignorance or short memory?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...o-videos_N.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Thus granting the request made by Russia over a year ago (see here - it's buried in the middle of the story). They really were thinking ahead
    Quel choc.

vCash
    I have understood that a lot of money has been invested on Plushenko for his training. From that reason he may already have been granted the Olympic spot since he competed at the Nationals (the outcome did not matter).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I have understood that a lot of money has been invested on Plushenko for his training. From that reason he may already have been granted the Olympic spot since he competed at the Nationals (the outcome did not matter).
    I seem to remember reading the same somewhere a while back. I think the only difference is that it was assumed that he would win.

vCash
    I don't know about money, you're probably right. But what I do know is that there were tons of mass media promotion of his return. It won't look good if this illustrious Titanic sinks before even getting out of the port.

vCash
    So the article Zemgirl cited says this:
    Under International Skating Union rules, Russia will be allowed one men's singles skater at Sochi 2014, but the country's skating federation has asked to be granted a second spot as the host nation, for which there is no precedent.
    But is it even the ISU's decision? I think the IOC would also have to agree, and I don't see that happening. They are always trying to trim the number of athletes, not add any.

vCash
    It's hard to see why the IOC would want to allow Russia any additional skaters when it has already qualified at least one entry in each discipline. It sets a bad precedent.

I can't remember whether there was any particular urgency to Plushenko's surgery at the end of last season that made it necessary for him to miss Worlds. Was there?

You would think that it would occur to someone -- Alexander Gorshkov, for example -- that if Plushenko missed Worlds, Russia might end up with one Men's entry at the Olympics and also that, even if fully recovered from his injury, Plushenko might not win Nationals this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I can't remember whether there was any particular urgency to Plushenko's surgery at the end of last season that made it necessary for him to miss Worlds. Was there?

You would think that it would occur to someone -- Alexander Gorshkov, for example -- that if Plushenko missed Worlds, Russia might end up with one Men's entry at the Olympics and also that, even if fully recovered from his injury, Plushenko might not win Nationals this season.
    This is the FSU thread about the surgery. I believe they tried to put it off but it became clear that Plushenko needed the surgery sooner rather than later.

vCash
    In your case, I'd say it's ignorance. Joe Inman is listed as one of several people who worked on the videos, not the only person, (and the story doesn't say whether it was on the original video or the "revised" version) and nowhere in the story does it say that he appears on video saying that Plushenko should get a 3 for transitions.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

having a nice day
    vCash
    Yessssssss but. How much $$$$ has *Tarasova* invested in buying the bloc. Her investment may now seem greater lol.

Russian fs politiks. Gotta love 'em! :-D
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    ^ Much as I enjoy the idea of Tat stealthily having her minions leave fur coats and cases of small-batch, hand-crafted vodka in judges' hotel rooms, I don't think that's what happened at RN. I think it played out exactly as we saw: Plushenko surprised everyone by skating rather poorly, and Kovtun surprised everyone by skating pretty well.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast