Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Uh oh. With this many people planning on watching it on the UK schedule ... we might have to have a separate thread for PBS-viewers-wanting-to-stay-spoiler-free like we did for Downton Abbey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I will watch this on BBC online and then again when it gets to PBS. Have no self-control when it comes to series I love.
    Are you in England or did you get around BBC being geoblocked? ( I assume it is geoblocked). Russian TV shows Sherlock with 5 minute delay ( can access on TVTeka) , but I am afraid they'll dub.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Firefox or Chrome + Hola Unblocker = unblocked BBC iPlayer.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Most of my Sherlockian friends here in the U.S. will see it way before the U.S. premiere date. I'll wait, though. I don't like watching TV on the computer. [/luddite]
    Stop stealing my brain. My problem is I'm generally doing something on the computer while watching TV (as now, watching all the Doctor Who specials on BBC America) and I can't really just sit and watch.

Sherlock, don't smile and wink. It's creepy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Are you in England or did you get around BBC being geoblocked? ( I assume it is geoblocked). Russian TV shows Sherlock with 5 minute delay ( can access on TVTeka) , but I am afraid they'll dub.
    I paid the 5 pounds a moths for the British ip address thinggie. Too many Brit actors I obsess over not to have this . http://www.my-expat-network.com/

vCash
    IT STARTS TOMORROW. *Kermitflail*

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Ok, I'm going to leave this thread now, and I or someone else can start another one with "PBS / North America" or the like in the subject line closer to our date.

For those of you watching tomorrow ... well, I'm jealous, but I'm also getting better at delayed gratification.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I paid the 5 pounds a moths for the British ip address thinggie. Too many Brit actors I obsess over not to have this . http://www.my-expat-network.com/
    Thank you! Unfortunately it will not work for me as I am in Europe at the moment. I tried to install Hola, but am running into glitches. Will keep trying though; if it all fails I'll have to report if Sherlock is dubbed on Russian TV.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Twitter:

#SherlockLives ‏@BBCOne 17m
    Our guide to avoiding #Sherlock spoilers from the @BBCOne accounts for those unable to watch at 9pm. #SherlockLives
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc6U-5HCYAEtSkL.jpg
    #SherlockLives ‏@BBCOne 10m
    To be honest, to avoid spoilers we'd recommend staying away from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Tumblr until you've seen the ep. #Sherlock
    Good luck with THAT!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-01-2014 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    I'm shamelessly following the Twitter tag even though I'm not watching the ep. So much fun. I REALLY want to see it now!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Thank you! Unfortunately it will not work for me as I am in Europe at the moment. I tried to install Hola, but am running into glitches. Will keep trying though; if it all fails I'll have to report if Sherlock is dubbed on Russian TV.
    Hopefully not dubbed. What would the 'posh' Russian accent be anyway, St. Pete's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I'm shamelessly following the Twitter tag even though I'm not watching the ep. So much fun. I REALLY want to see it now!
    I uploaded the first 2 minutes in not-so-great quality (with spoiler alerts for anyone who doesn't want to see any of this until it airs on PBS). Watson has a mustache for part of the episode, but mercifully, it gets shaved off halfway in.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6vN...tWeU85ZUQ3LWc/

vCash
    I couldn't wait for it to air here, so I *ahem* obtained it. Really enjoyed it. But, it looks like episode 2 is going to air on Sunday 1/5. All that waiting, and they burn them off that fast. What are we going to do if we have to wait anoter two years?

vCash
    Oh my gosh, that episode was so friggin' fun.

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    I couldn't wait for it to air here, so I *ahem* obtained it. Really enjoyed it. But, it looks like episode 2 is going to air on Sunday 1/5. All that waiting, and they burn them off that fast. What are we going to do if we have to wait anoter two years?
    We're going to do this:
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Watch what we have, over and over!

vCash
    I find it's a little easier to bear when you stop thinking of Sherlock as a TV series and instead as a movie event. Those episodes are each 1.5h long, after all. And most people have to wait longer than a year in between movies, so...I try not to complain, haha. But it still stinks.

vCash
    So, The Sign of Three! What did y'all think? Personally, I loved it.

Random bullet points!

Spoiler

The last ep is going to be a heartbreaker, isn't it? We've had two relatively light episodes, leaving us in a place where (almost) everything seems fine and dandy, so of course everything's gonna come crashing down in His Last Vow. And then there'll be another Hiatus of Doom, I bet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post

The last ep is going to be a heartbreaker, isn't it? We've had two relatively light episodes, leaving us in a place where (almost) everything seems fine and dandy, so of course everything's gonna come crashing down in His Last Vow. And then there'll be another Hiatus of Doom, I bet...
    Re your spoiler section? Yup, yup, yup. Especially the last one. He was trying so hard...

Also,

Spoiler

I've had mixed emotions about the episodes, but I think that they are a set up for Episode 3, and that it's going to be quite the ride. Given how the show is positioned in relation to the books, it's going to be huge. I just hope that they will veer slightly in relation to one item. But, we shall see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post

Random bullet points!

Spoiler

That's a good list from the episode. Absolutely loooooooove that smile.

I was afraid that I might not like Mary character and she and Sherlock wouldn't get along as I was a bit traumatized from the Sherlock movie. BUT I LOVE HER.
    I hope the series continues but

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast