Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash

Sherlock Season 3

Starting this in anticipation. Not long to wait now!

And in the meantime, here's a 7-minute minisode. Merry Christmas!

Many Happy Returns

vCash
    When does it start?

vCash
    Jan 19 on PBS in North America. (Earlier in the month in the UK -- Jan 1 I think.)

vCash
    Most of my Sherlockian friends here in the U.S. will see it way before the U.S. premiere date. I'll wait, though. I don't like watching TV on the computer. [/luddite]
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    ^ I'm with you, Wyliefan. I don't mind watching on the computer if there's no other option, but I definitely don't mind waiting a couple of weeks to see it properly on my nice TV.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Many nice TV's can be hooked to computers to see whatever the computer (or Xbox, for example) streams.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I enjoy stretching my sense of anticipation as much as possible!

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 8h
    Excited for #SherlockPBS? Don't wait to find out S3 secrets! Go behind the scenes in UNLOCKING SHERLOCK, online NOW! http://ow.ly/s1GzH

vCash
    Loved the little Christmas present they gave us to whet our appetites!!! I squealed at it, I"m not ashamed to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Many nice TV's can be hooked to computers to see whatever the computer (or Xbox, for example) streams.
    Yes, but I can't be bothered to figure out how to do it. Luddite, remember?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I just binged watched Season 1, and will view Season 2 by Jan 19. Love this show. I have watched Elementary, did enjoy it, but now it just pales.
    PBS has seasons 1 & 2 available online until Jan 19. Just luv Cumberbatch and Freeman - great relationship!

vCash
    I binge-watched Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2 this summer ... but exercised great self-control in not watching "The Reichenbach Fall." I'm saving that one for sometime on the weekend of the 18th-19th.

I'm also not going to watch any of Unlocking Sherlock until after season 3 starts -- unless anyone else watches it and promises me there are no previews or spoilers. I watched the Downton Abbey one (the one narrated by Susan Sarandon) and was ticked off how many preview scenes they had for season 4.

vCash
    I have series 1 and 2 on dvd, but SVT will be airing them before series 3 starts on February 1, and I'll be watching. And I'll be telling everyone I know to watch them as well, if they haven't already. Though I envy those who'll get the resolutions to The Great Game and The Reichenbach Fall without waiting years for them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I'm also not going to watch any of Unlocking Sherlock until after season 3 starts -- unless anyone else watches it and promises me there are no previews or spoilers. I watched the Downton Abbey one (the one narrated by Susan Sarandon) and was ticked off how many preview scenes they had for season 4.
    No real spoilers (just a couple of glimpses after the credits roll, but it is stuff that was shown in the PBS and BBC trailers - see links below - and in the mini-episode). This program is a wonderful overview of the series - lovely commentary by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat (plus Mark reads passages from the books), Benedict and Martin, as well as key characters from Seasons 1 and 2 (Moriarty, Irene Adler, et.al.). Plus it's a history of Sherlock Holmes from the books, stage, screen, and television. AND there's actual film with sound of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!

I loved it!

EDIT: From the PBS thread...these links DO CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS!!

Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 37m
    corrected: NEW #SherlockPBS trailer! http://to.pbs.org/18uJwC1 -- U.S. premiere Sun. 1/19/14 10/9c following #DowntonPBS on @masterpiecepbs

BuzzFeedEntmnt ‏@BuzzFeedEnt 33m
    The first full-length #Sherlock Season 3 trailer just dropped & it's everything you dreamed it'd be! http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/f...k-season-three … via @ellievhall AWESOME...I can hardly wait!

P.S. Be sure to click on the BBCOne Site link for the interactive trailer...fantastic!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 12-29-2013 at 01:49 AM.

vCash
    ^ Thanks dardar. Sounds like it's safe to watch Unlocking - I haven't seen any previews but have watched the mini-episode. I'll wait til it airs, though, rather than going the online route. (Stuff this good is worth being patient for!)

vCash
    Twitter:

Radio Times ‏@RadioTimes 1h
    Mark Gatiss on Sherlock's success: the Benedict Cumberbatch character is a superhero for adults http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...ero-for-adults

vCash
    I like that: "a Superhero for adults".

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 1h
    NEW #SherlockPBS video: Cast & producers give BTS insight on S3 - premieres 1/19 at 9:58pm ET following #DowntonPBS! http://to.pbs.org/1ekdIDm

vCash
    I can't wait. If I figure out how to watch it on computer, I most certainly will; I'll probably end up buying it later anyway ( unless it is a disaster, which is highly unlikely). My most anticipated series.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I will watch this on BBC online and then again when it gets to PBS. Have no self-control when it comes to series I love.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast