Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Just found this on vkontakte.ru: Caption this!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Wow plushy should have at least gone back to training before deciding no? Lol at BS. They're not such stars that they have any business skipping euros. I would have thought Tuk over Gosviani as alternate.

vCash
    I wonder if B/S were given an option to skip Euros? The fed needed to have a skate off for #3 anyway, so one of the top 2 needed to sit it out.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I don't like that B&S aren't going to Euros. Bad choice I think.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    An egoistical part of me is happy to be saved to see B/S´s FD monstrosity in Budapest.
    A figure skating fan in me is really wondering the sense of that decision.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    If the Russian Fed wants to give R/T a chance to make the team, someone of I/K and B/S would have to sit out, and B/S are much better established in their position nationally and internationally, so that's the logical choice.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Because there needs to be a skate-off between R&T and S&Z?

I forgot how B&S skated at the GPF already...
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Interview with Federation President Alexander Gorshkov:
    http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=78980

He said that Bobrova/Soloviev and their coach Alexander Zhulin decided to sit out Europeans in order to fully focus on preparing for the Olympic Games.
    He also said that Riazanova/Tkachenko and Sinitsina/Zhiganshin will compete for the third spot.
    The results of Europeans will play an important role, but eventually the Federation will decide whom to send.
    He also noted that Volosozhar/Trankov and Bobrova/Soloviev are guaranteed a spot at the Olympic Games. That means also, that nobody else is. ;-)
    Nothing really about Plushenko in this interview other than that the team for Euros won't be changed (the question was about Kawaguchi/Smirnov).

I interviewed Mishin earlier today and according to him he asked the Federation that Plushenko doesn't have to do Europeans, because he should focus on training instead. His training will be monitored and he will also do a test skate for Federation officials. Then a decision will be taken.

vCash
    Eislauffan , any news on E. Tarasova? Is she alright? The fall looked very painful. Junior nationals are in a month time and they will be fighting for a spot at junior worlds, so it would be a shame if she was injured.

vCash
    As for Bobrova/Soloviev not doing Europeans - I agree with those posters who feel that it is not a good idea. It looks like they are afraid of loosing to Pechalat/Bourzat and/or Ilinykh/Katsalapov (which is very well possible). There were some rumours in Russia that Pechalat/Bourzat will skip Euros, too, but I don't know if there is any truth to it.
    If Bobrova/Soloviev are tired from their GP events they could have done the same like Volosozhar/Trankov and ask for being allowed to skip Nationals. I'm sure this would have been possible.

vCash
    I saw a short Russian article yesterday that stated that Evgenia Tarasova is okay, that her injury was not serious, thankfully.

Link to Google translated article: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...qY4-86yZ6jL4QA

Eislauffan, I've cross-posted your Mishin/Plushenko news here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4089380
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-27-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Eislauffan , any news on E. Tarasova? Is she alright? The fall looked very painful. Junior nationals are in a month time and they will be fighting for a spot at junior worlds, so it would be a shame if she was injured.
    Yes, I talked to the coach Nina Mozer today. She said she just suffered a contusion, no serious injury. The Russian team doctor also said this.

ETA: Just found this short interview with Evgenia. She said she's ok, just her back hurt and it was especially painful, because the back hurt before:
    http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=78971
    Last edited by Eislauffan; 12-27-2013 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    Plushenko now agrees with his coach and said that he is not going to Europeans:
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/1016_evgenij...y-ya-ne-poedu/

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Well I think it would be extremely unfair to send Plush to Olympics after all of this. I get that he's a legend and really WANTS it but sometimes the things you CAN do and the things you WANT to do are not the same.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Article in English on Russia's team for Euros: http://en.ria.ru/sports/20131227/185...e-Skating.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    He also noted that Volosozhar/Trankov and Bobrova/Soloviev are guaranteed a spot at the Olympic Games. That means also, that nobody else is. ;-)
    Ohhh, diss to I&K to not be guaranteed (even though I think there is no question they'll make it). It seems like there is a small glimmer of hope for K&S if they are ready and B&L or S&K do not skate well. Hopefully if K&S or Plushy make it in via test skate the federation will allow them to be taped and put online.

I actually hope P&B don't skip Europeans... it's too important... and if I&K win without P&B or B&S there the title will be meaningless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Plushenko now agrees with his coach and said that he is not going to Europeans:
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/1016_evgenij...y-ya-ne-poedu/
    Plushy is a stubborn person.. why he agrees with his coach all the time???? I don't like Mishin's choice, I don't like too much his LP. ((

Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Well I think it would be extremely unfair to send Plush to Olympics after all of this.
    Yes, I agree

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    My guess would be that B/S felt that they had too many competitions too close together. GPF, a few weeks later the nationals, then again another few weeks later Europeans and then the Olympics...maybe they felt that going to Europeans would limit their practice time and Olympics are more important for them than Europeans.
    Such disrespect for European Championships .
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Such disrespect for European Championships .
    Well, look at Tarasova/Morozov's FS what can happen when someone have too many competitions within a short time and get a bit tired...

vCash
    Please tell me that B&S are skipping Euros becuase Zhulin is scrapping the current version of the FD and going back to the original.

There were some rumours in Russia that Pechalat/Bourzat will skip Euros, too,
    I don't think skipping Euros will hurt B&S that much, and if P&B skip it too, it won't hurt them at all. The same 5 teams (B&S, I&K, P&B, W&P, C&L) are going to be competing for bronze in Sochi no matter what, barring disaster.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast