Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Russian Team for Euros announced:
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/1015_plyucsh...pionat-evropy/

Plushenko and Bobrova/Soloviev are not going.

So we have

Men: M. Kovtun, S. Voronov, K. Menshov; subs: A. Pitkeev, A. Gachinski

Ladies: A. Sotnikova, J. Lipnitskaia, A. Leonova; subs: A. Pogorilaya, N. Gosviani

Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov, Bazarova/Larionov, subs: Antipova/Maisurdaze, Davankova/Deputat

Dance: Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Riazanova/Tkachenko, subs: Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin

vCash
    Thank you Eislauffan.
    Why is B/S not going?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Thank you Eislauffan.
    Why is B/S not going?
    Just what I was wondering - esp since they are defending champions and the winner of Euros will have a reputation boost in the hunt for the bronze medal. Since many teams are so close now any advantage will help.

Is it because they dont think they can win again and dont want to diminish their "stature" in the eyes of the judges?? I really dont understand the rationale behind this decision at all.
    Last edited by Tak; 12-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Just what I was wondering - esp since they are defending champions and the winner of Euros will have a reputation boost in the hunt for the bronze medal. Since many teams are so close now any advantage will help.

Is it because they dont think they can win again and dont want to diminish their "stature" in the eyes of the judges?? I really dont understand the rational behind this decision at all.
    maybe they will make a new FD and need the time until Sochi?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    maybe they will make a new FD and need the time until Sochi?
    Possible, but at this late date in the season, Im not sure whether it's a good idea or not.

vCash
    So I guess it's over then. Surely, surely Plushy can't be considered for Sochi if he doesn't go to Euros. It's been the standard for as long as it's been around.

On the flip side...what would the RuFed do if Voronov/Menshov/both beat their precious little Kovtun at Euros?

vCash
    Menshov for Sochi!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    So I guess it's over then. Surely, surely Plushy can't be considered for Sochi if he doesn't go to Euros. It's been the standard for as long as it's been around.

On the flip side...what would the RuFed do if Voronov/Menshov/both beat their precious little Kovtun at Euros?
    Well beating is not the standard, how they beat is also important. For instance, if all three athlete finish like 10th, 11th and 12th, the position is not important since all three doing badly, however if one of them medal or win convincingly, then that athlete has a case. Based on this year's result Kovtun has a good case, after that it is Plushy, then Vornov and 4th Menshov…

I personally don't see any reason to give Menshov a chance based on what he has done this season, it is really putting their team medal on treat with having him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Is it because they dont think they can win again and dont want to diminish their "stature" in the eyes of the judges?? I really dont understand the rationale behind this decision at all.
    I suppose it's because they don't want to risk losing to P/B again and hurting their reputation, but for me it's not a good choice if P/B, I/K and C/L all perform really well in Budapest. Still, I'm glad R/T get the spot!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think the Russian Fed is going to assess R/T vs. S/Z for the third Olympic spot, and they may hope that I/K can at least get close to P/B, if not surpass them, so that both I/K and B/S go into Sochi as contenders.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Russian Team for Euros announced:
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/1015_plyucsh...pionat-evropy/

Plushenko and Bobrova/Soloviev are not going.

So we have

Men: M. Kovtun, S. Voronov, K. Menshov; subs: A. Pitkeev, A. Gachinski

Ladies: A. Sotnikova, J. Lipnitskaia, A. Leonova; subs: A. Pogorilaya, N. Gosviani

Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov, Bazarova/Larionov, subs: Antipova/Maisurdaze, Davankova/Deputat

Dance: Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Riazanova/Tkachenko, subs: Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin
    Perfect choice! I'm so happy about Menshov and Leonova .

vCash
    It will be bittersweet for Leonova - one last trip to Euros, then having to stand-by and wave at Sot & Lip, as they head out to the Olympics.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    It will be bittersweet for Leonova - one last trip to Euros, then having to stand-by and wave at Sot & Lip, as they head out to the Olympics.
    yest she still beat Pogs and Tuk for the Euros
    who would have predicted that

I think R/T going here they are given another chance to compete against S/Z and see who places ahead
    not sure if its wise for B/S to skip

vCash
    The Russian Fed may not want to chance B/S losing yet again to the French (as in the G-P Final). It's all about the battle for the Bronze in Sochi. And, yes, it is also about giving R/T one last chance to show that they can beat the younger team...although I am still rooting for S/Z to top them in Budapest.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I am happy that the second substitute in pairs is Davankova/Deputat. I know Tarasova/Morozov had a nightmare at the nationals, but Tarasova/Morozov and Fedorova/Miroshkin beat Davankova/Deputat in the JGPF. On the other hand, Davankova/Deputat beat both those pairs in nationals and I think they deserve to go (if any of the pairs before them withdrew).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    The Russian Fed may not want to chance B/S losing yet again to the French (as in the G-P Final). It's all about the battle for the Bronze in Sochi. And, yes, it is also about giving R/T one last chance to show that they can beat the younger team...although I am still rooting for S/Z to top them in Budapest.
    My guess would be that B/S felt that they had too many competitions too close together. GPF, a few weeks later the nationals, then again another few weeks later Europeans and then the Olympics...maybe they felt that going to Europeans would limit their practice time and Olympics are more important for them than Europeans. Volosozhar/Trankov originally did not want to go to Europeans, and eventually they decided to go but skip the nationals instead. I suppose the skaters who do Europeans/4CC are going to loose a week of preparation time just a month before Olympics. If the dancers train perhaps 4-6 hours a day and at a competition they have twice a day 30 minutes, it is a huge difference. It is nearly like if you took a holiday a month before the biggest event of your life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think the Russian Fed is going to assess R/T vs. S/Z for the third Olympic spot, and they may hope that I/K can at least get close to P/B, if not surpass them, so that both I/K and B/S go into Sochi as contenders.
    That does seem logical, But i think for B\S it will be a set back,
    Especially if I\K manage to win Europeans, Come Olympics they will beat them with their super iconic FD to Black swan,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    So I guess it's over then. Surely, surely Plushy can't be considered for Sochi if he doesn't go to Euros. It's been the standard for as long as it's been around.On the flip side...what would the RuFed do if Voronov/Menshov/both beat their precious little Kovtun at Euros?
    That’s why I actually didn`t like the idea of Plushenko having a 2nd shot for his Olympic spot at Euros. Obviously then this opportunity should have been given to Voronov as well. Now what if Kovtun and Plushenko bombed (which has happened to Kovtun more than once and can happen even to Plushy as we’ve seen now) and Voronov skated well had beaten both of them? RF would have been in a really dreadful situation: based on rules they either could have decided to send Voronov – which would have been stupid and unfair to Kovtun, who skated better than him the whole season. Or they could have decided to break set up rules by them because they did not lead to the desired result with ones again making fools of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I personally don't see any reason to give Menshov a chance based on what he has done this season, it is really putting their team medal on treat with having him.
    As much as I was not happy with last year’s decisions but I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Menshov for Sochi!
    More likely hell will freeze up.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Just found this on vkontakte.ru: Caption this!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Just found this on vkontakte.ru: Caption this!
    Pleeeaasee translate

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast