Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 541
  1. #61

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,962
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8219
    Russian Team for Euros announced:
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/1015_plyucsh...pionat-evropy/

    Plushenko and Bobrova/Soloviev are not going.

    So we have

    Men: M. Kovtun, S. Voronov, K. Menshov; subs: A. Pitkeev, A. Gachinski

    Ladies: A. Sotnikova, J. Lipnitskaia, A. Leonova; subs: A. Pogorilaya, N. Gosviani

    Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov, Bazarova/Larionov, subs: Antipova/Maisurdaze, Davankova/Deputat

    Dance: Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Riazanova/Tkachenko, subs: Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you Eislauffan.
    Why is B/S not going?

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the K/N void
    Posts
    2,408
    vCash
    892
    Rep Power
    1843
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Thank you Eislauffan.
    Why is B/S not going?
    Just what I was wondering - esp since they are defending champions and the winner of Euros will have a reputation boost in the hunt for the bronze medal. Since many teams are so close now any advantage will help.

    Is it because they dont think they can win again and dont want to diminish their "stature" in the eyes of the judges?? I really dont understand the rationale behind this decision at all.
    Last edited by Tak; 12-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7770
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Just what I was wondering - esp since they are defending champions and the winner of Euros will have a reputation boost in the hunt for the bronze medal. Since many teams are so close now any advantage will help.

    Is it because they dont think they can win again and dont want to diminish their "stature" in the eyes of the judges?? I really dont understand the rational behind this decision at all.
    maybe they will make a new FD and need the time until Sochi?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

    Bruce Lee

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the K/N void
    Posts
    2,408
    vCash
    892
    Rep Power
    1843
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    maybe they will make a new FD and need the time until Sochi?
    Possible, but at this late date in the season, Im not sure whether it's a good idea or not.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,327
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    So I guess it's over then. Surely, surely Plushy can't be considered for Sochi if he doesn't go to Euros. It's been the standard for as long as it's been around.

    On the flip side...what would the RuFed do if Voronov/Menshov/both beat their precious little Kovtun at Euros?

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Menshov for Sochi!

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,974
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    So I guess it's over then. Surely, surely Plushy can't be considered for Sochi if he doesn't go to Euros. It's been the standard for as long as it's been around.

    On the flip side...what would the RuFed do if Voronov/Menshov/both beat their precious little Kovtun at Euros?
    Well beating is not the standard, how they beat is also important. For instance, if all three athlete finish like 10th, 11th and 12th, the position is not important since all three doing badly, however if one of them medal or win convincingly, then that athlete has a case. Based on this year's result Kovtun has a good case, after that it is Plushy, then Vornov and 4th Menshov…

    I personally don't see any reason to give Menshov a chance based on what he has done this season, it is really putting their team medal on treat with having him.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    935
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7453
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Just what I was wondering - esp since they are defending champions and the winner of Euros will have a reputation boost in the hunt for the bronze medal. Since many teams are so close now any advantage will help.

    Is it because they dont think they can win again and dont want to diminish their "stature" in the eyes of the judges?? I really dont understand the rationale behind this decision at all.
    I suppose it's because they don't want to risk losing to P/B again and hurting their reputation, but for me it's not a good choice if P/B, I/K and C/L all perform really well in Budapest. Still, I'm glad R/T get the spot!

  10. #70
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,207
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    I think the Russian Fed is going to assess R/T vs. S/Z for the third Olympic spot, and they may hope that I/K can at least get close to P/B, if not surpass them, so that both I/K and B/S go into Sochi as contenders.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the centre
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,559
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2426
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Russian Team for Euros announced:
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/1015_plyucsh...pionat-evropy/

    Plushenko and Bobrova/Soloviev are not going.

    So we have

    Men: M. Kovtun, S. Voronov, K. Menshov; subs: A. Pitkeev, A. Gachinski

    Ladies: A. Sotnikova, J. Lipnitskaia, A. Leonova; subs: A. Pogorilaya, N. Gosviani

    Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov, Bazarova/Larionov, subs: Antipova/Maisurdaze, Davankova/Deputat

    Dance: Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Riazanova/Tkachenko, subs: Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin
    Perfect choice! I'm so happy about Menshov and Leonova .

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It will be bittersweet for Leonova - one last trip to Euros, then having to stand-by and wave at Sot & Lip, as they head out to the Olympics.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    It will be bittersweet for Leonova - one last trip to Euros, then having to stand-by and wave at Sot & Lip, as they head out to the Olympics.
    yest she still beat Pogs and Tuk for the Euros
    who would have predicted that

    I think R/T going here they are given another chance to compete against S/Z and see who places ahead
    not sure if its wise for B/S to skip

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The Russian Fed may not want to chance B/S losing yet again to the French (as in the G-P Final). It's all about the battle for the Bronze in Sochi. And, yes, it is also about giving R/T one last chance to show that they can beat the younger team...although I am still rooting for S/Z to top them in Budapest.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,681
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16655
    I am happy that the second substitute in pairs is Davankova/Deputat. I know Tarasova/Morozov had a nightmare at the nationals, but Tarasova/Morozov and Fedorova/Miroshkin beat Davankova/Deputat in the JGPF. On the other hand, Davankova/Deputat beat both those pairs in nationals and I think they deserve to go (if any of the pairs before them withdrew).

  16. #76

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,681
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16655
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    The Russian Fed may not want to chance B/S losing yet again to the French (as in the G-P Final). It's all about the battle for the Bronze in Sochi. And, yes, it is also about giving R/T one last chance to show that they can beat the younger team...although I am still rooting for S/Z to top them in Budapest.
    My guess would be that B/S felt that they had too many competitions too close together. GPF, a few weeks later the nationals, then again another few weeks later Europeans and then the Olympics...maybe they felt that going to Europeans would limit their practice time and Olympics are more important for them than Europeans. Volosozhar/Trankov originally did not want to go to Europeans, and eventually they decided to go but skip the nationals instead. I suppose the skaters who do Europeans/4CC are going to loose a week of preparation time just a month before Olympics. If the dancers train perhaps 4-6 hours a day and at a competition they have twice a day 30 minutes, it is a huge difference. It is nearly like if you took a holiday a month before the biggest event of your life.

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    378
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think the Russian Fed is going to assess R/T vs. S/Z for the third Olympic spot, and they may hope that I/K can at least get close to P/B, if not surpass them, so that both I/K and B/S go into Sochi as contenders.
    That does seem logical, But i think for B\S it will be a set back,
    Especially if I\K manage to win Europeans, Come Olympics they will beat them with their super iconic FD to Black swan,

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    So I guess it's over then. Surely, surely Plushy can't be considered for Sochi if he doesn't go to Euros. It's been the standard for as long as it's been around.On the flip side...what would the RuFed do if Voronov/Menshov/both beat their precious little Kovtun at Euros?
    That’s why I actually didn`t like the idea of Plushenko having a 2nd shot for his Olympic spot at Euros. Obviously then this opportunity should have been given to Voronov as well. Now what if Kovtun and Plushenko bombed (which has happened to Kovtun more than once and can happen even to Plushy as we’ve seen now) and Voronov skated well had beaten both of them? RF would have been in a really dreadful situation: based on rules they either could have decided to send Voronov – which would have been stupid and unfair to Kovtun, who skated better than him the whole season. Or they could have decided to break set up rules by them because they did not lead to the desired result with ones again making fools of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I personally don't see any reason to give Menshov a chance based on what he has done this season, it is really putting their team medal on treat with having him.
    As much as I was not happy with last year’s decisions but I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Menshov for Sochi!
    More likely hell will freeze up.

  19. #79

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7770
    Just found this on vkontakte.ru: Caption this!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

    Bruce Lee

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    378
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Just found this on vkontakte.ru: Caption this!
    Pleeeaasee translate

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •