Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

vCash
    What happened to Proklova? She is suddenly off the entry list for junior worlds and Radionova is going instead of her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    What happened to Proklova? She is suddenly off the entry list for junior worlds and Radionova is going instead of her!
    Apparently Radionova recovered from her injury and will compete at the Jr. Worlds

vCash
    The Russian Figure Skating Federation reports on their website that the Federation decided to include Radionova in the Junior Worlds team based on her achievements this season although she was not able to compete at the qualifying event, Russian Junior Nationals. She had missed Junior Nationals due to injury. She seems to be fine now and performed in the Olympic gala in Sotchi.

Article on the federation website: http://fsrussia.ru/news/1128_radiono...redi-yuniorov/

Also, Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin are out, due to illness. They are replaced by Evgenia Kosigina/Nikolai Moroshkin. Bukin was already sick when they were supposed to perform in the gala in Sotchi and they dropped out, although they already had travelled to Sotchi.
    Last edited by Eislauffan; 03-06-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: to add more info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA View Post
    Apparently Radionova recovered from her injury and will compete at the Jr. Worlds
    I love Radionova, but I am sad for Proklova because I really like her too.

vCash
    Does anyone know what Liza Tuk's prognosis is re recovery? Hope she is able to make it back in time for the start of next season

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    V/T will be skipping Worlds as competitors, but apparently will be there just for the pleasure of the event (he apparently has a flareup of an old shoulder injury)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Leonova was interviewed by Rsport.ru. She says she has no competitions this season and will be working towards the next. She is not planning going to the USA for the whole summer and should Morozov go there with his group she will be thinking what to do and where to train. Her goal is 2018 Olympics. She have been working on a 3loop+half loop + 3loop combination, says it's quite unusual but works for her

ETA: got the jumps wrong. She is talking about 3loop+half loop (euler) + 3loop. Am baffled. Why would she need a half loop between the 3loop/3loop? Why would she change the leg there? It would make sense for a 3s/half loop/3s... Taking the interview is by Simonenko I trust he wrote down the jumps correctly....
    Last edited by TAHbKA; 03-11-2014 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Does anyone know what Liza Tuk's prognosis is re recovery? Hope she is able to make it back in time for the start of next season
    According to rsport.ru the cast will be taken off on March 24th and she can resume training immediately after

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Leonova was interviewed by Rsport.ru. She says she has no competitions this season and will be working towards the next. She is not planning going to the USA for the whole summer and should Morozov go there with his group she will be thinking what to do and where to train. Her goal is 2018 Olympics. She have been working on a 3s+half loop + 3s combination, says it's quite unusual but works for her
    perkova won't give up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    perkova won't give up
    Won't give up, but her chances are getting smaller with every year. This season she was not very good at GP and 4 other Russian ladies got to the GPF. Lenova was very lucky that Radionova is senior ineligible (for Europeans and Worlds) and therefore Leonova managed to squeeze into Europeans, but if the next season everyone had exactly the same skate at nationals, Leonova would be staying at home because Radionova will be eligible and would be sent to Europeans. So whatever Leonova has shown this year definitely won't be enough the next year.

vCash
    If she keeps improving and doesn't lose her fitness, her PCS will be high because of her federation and the fact that she's a woman in a sea of young girls. However she will probably tank the GP and show up cleanish at Russian Nats and finish 8th. We shall see, she needs a brand new choreographer and approach to her programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    If she keeps improving and doesn't lose her fitness, her PCS will be high because of her federation and the fact that she's a woman in a sea of young girls. However she will probably tank the GP and show up cleanish at Russian Nats and finish 8th. We shall see, she needs a brand new choreographer and approach to her programs.
    Not necessarily. Well, she is not improving! Take notice that she still had pretty good toe jumps but avoids edge jumps as much as she can. All those other skaters (that you call girls) have seven triples FS, whereas she can't do that any more. She hasn't done seven triples in FS for at least two years, maybe longer. Those 'young girls' now get very high PCS (look at Radionova and Lipnitskaya's GP events) because they actually have some transitions in their programs, whereas Leonova now mostly does crossovers. I don't think that her being 'a woman' in comparison with 'the young girls' is going to bring that much to offset the lower TES. Her lack of transition will keep the PCS lower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Am not sure even skating clean at the nationals will change much for her. Should Sotnikova come back the next season, Lipnitskaya continue and Tuktamysheva get back in shape and they all skate equally clean, it will be Buyanova (should Kovtun not bomb at worlds she will be the coach of the olympic champion and the deprived of the olympics Kovtun), Tutberidze (the coach of the girl who helped winning the team event and should Kovtun bomb at worlds - the European best russian and Olympics/Worlds deprived Voronov) and well, Mishin who is a legend on his own. If Leonova sticks with Morozov she'll have crappy programmes, probably will not be in the right shape, but will have the coach of the ice dance medalist and the choreographer of the crap with which VoloTran won the Olympics by her side. Should she go back to Piatova she might be in a good shape at the right time, but Piatova is a bit of a nobody compared to Buyanova/Tutberidze/Morozov/Mishin....

vCash
    And I think Pogorilaya has shown that she can outskate Leonova internationally, so it is not only Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya and possibly (if in better form) Tuktamysheva, but also Pogorilaya and Radionova. No Karpenko, I really don't think Leonova has much chance in the future. And the next season is still relatively easier than the following season when 4 more young talents will become eligible...
    Last edited by hanca; 03-11-2014 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    And I think Pogorilaya has shown that she can outskate Leonova internationally, so it is not only Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya and possibly (if in better form) Tuktamysheva, but also Pogorilaya and Radionova. No Karpenko, I really don't think Leonova has much chance in the future. And the next season is still relatively easier than the following season when 4 more young talent will become eligible...
    I was talking about the politics and the coaches weight, not about the actual skating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    I was talking about the politics and the coaches weight, not about the actual skating
    I know Tanka, I got it, but the skaters I named are quite capable of beating Leonova even without politics. (But having the coaches they have will mean that the politics won't go against them).

vCash
    I'm so glad Leonova is staying. You all are right, it will be very difficult to make it out of Russian Narionals for Europeans/Worlds but I think she could get an occasional assignment, that is, assuming she is 100%.

She needs a new coach who will give her fabulous programs with transitions (like the Witches of Eastwick LP) and needs to be smart enough to realize needs to be in peak form for the Grand Prix to place well and make the final. If she can place well on the Grand Prix her political clout will improve at home. (Also it will help her world ranking and SB list which will ensure her of GP events, which she might have to treat like her Worlds).

Texhnically, she does have really big jumps, but under Morozov, they've all become really really stalked and tucked into the corner of the rink.

I think she can survive and have a decent career. I'm glad she seems to be realizing Morozov might not be the right coach for her....here's hoping she can find the right fit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    I'm so glad Leonova is staying. You all are right, it will be very difficult to make it out of Russian Narionals for Europeans/Worlds but I think she could get an occasional assignment, that is, assuming she is 100%.

I think she can survive and have a decent career. I'm glad she seems to be realizing Morozov might not be the right coach for her....here's hoping she can find the right fit!
    Occasional assignment? I think she will still get one GP for sure, probably even two because she is lucky and those four JGP finalists can't start skating in seniors because the rules have changed. Apart of that, there are only B competitions that can be possibly coming her way. Is that what you had in mind by having decent career? (I am not denying that she has done decently in the past; in fact I would say she has had a decent career, but I definitely can't see her having decent career ahead of her).

vCash
    Occasional assignment? I think she will still get one GP for sure, probably even two because she is lucky and those four JGP finalists can't start skating in seniors because the rules have changed. Apart of that, there are only B competitions that can be possibly coming her way. Is that what you had in mind by having decent career? (I am not denying that she has done decently in the past; in fact I would say she has had a decent career, but I definitely can't see her having decent career ahead of her).

hasn't Leonova proven already
    that even after so many people keep writing her off against the younger babies
    she is still here and is here to stay

vCash
    Won't give up, but her chances are getting smaller with every year. This season she was not very good at GP and 4 other Russian ladies got to the GPF. Lenova was very lucky that Radionova is senior ineligible (for Europeans and Worlds) and therefore Leonova managed to squeeze into Europeans, but if the next season everyone had exactly the same skate at nationals, Leonova would be staying at home because Radionova will be eligible and would be sent to Europeans. So whatever Leonova has shown this year definitely won't be enough the next year.
    Radionova was ineligible but people were saying she had no shot to beat gosviani and pogorilaya so you never know who she's capable of beating.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast