Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Anastasia Martiusheva is on icepartnersearch!

http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4670
    oh no, finally this day has come:

what a ****ing season for me.
    miki, savchenko/szolkowy and now this. rrrrh.

vCash
    Does she need approval from Russia federation for skating for any other country. I also wish we had more news on Liobov ? I hope she hasn't retired.

vCash
    can we give at least rogonov mukhortova? this would heal my wounds a little bit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Does she need approval from Russia federation for skating for any other country. I also wish we had more news on Liobov ? I hope she hasn't retired.
    Liubov has not retired but she is still searching for a partner. She is also on icepartnersearch!

http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4426

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    can we give at least rogonov mukhortova? this would heal my wounds a little bit
    What would that help? Mukhortova's success with landing jumps was very similar to Martiusheva's. They both occasionally landed it, but more often not. If you want to give someone to Rogonov, then it should be someone who lands the jumps, otherwise there is not much point in starting a new partnership at this age.

vCash
    What would that help? Mukhortova's success with landing jumps was very similar to Martiusheva's. They both occasionally landed it, but more often not. If you want to give someone to Rogonov, then it should be someone who lands the jumps, otherwise there is not much point in starting a new partnership at this age.
    oh come on, there is quite a difference between mukhortova and martiusheva (i really love both); but martiusheva was really off most of the time, even with the throws, mukhortova landed her throws mostly and the toes, problem with the salchow was obvious.

i just wanted to give her to him for my own sake to see her again; so it wouldn't matter too much, if she clashes the ice again on the salchow, but surely i would prefer her staying on her feet.

vCash
    Interesting that Liubov is still looking for a partner, I would have thought she would have a long line of pairs guys waiting to try out. I guess getting release from Russia is putting a lot of people off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Interesting that Liubov is still looking for a partner, I would have thought she would have a long line of pairs guys waiting to try out. I guess getting release from Russia is putting a lot of people off.
    But her last competitive season was 2011–2012. How long can they block her release? It is now two whole seasons (including this one because this one ends soon) she has not competed internationally. There should come a time when she should be able to compete for another country even without their consent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    oh come on, there is quite a difference between mukhortova and martiusheva (i really love both); but martiusheva was really off most of the time, even with the throws, mukhortova landed her throws mostly and the toes, problem with the salchow was obvious.

i just wanted to give her to him for my own sake to see her again; so it wouldn't matter too much, if she clashes the ice again on the salchow, but surely i would prefer her staying on her feet.
    Martiusheva also lands throws. She just doesn't land side by side jumps. Mukhortova was lucky that at the time she competed there was no one else strong in Russian pairs (except of Kavaguti-Smirnov). Bazarova-Larionov were still too young and not ready, I/M and M/R were in juniors and then going through the transition to seniors, so Mukhortova did not have any competition as such within Russia and there was also not much within Europe (only Sav/Szol and Kav/Smir). I do honestly believe that if Martiusheva/Rogonov competed at the time when Mukhortova/Trankov competed, their career may have looked differently.

vCash
    Martiusheva also lands throws. She just doesn't land side by side jumps. Mukhortova was lucky that at the time she competed there was no one else strong in Russian pairs (except of Kavaguti-Smirnov). Bazarova-Larionov were still too young and not ready, I/M and M/R were in juniors and then going through the transition to seniors, so Mukhortova did not have any competition as such within Russia and there was also not much within Europe (only Sav/Szol and Kav/Smir). I do honestly believe that if Martiusheva/Rogonov competed at the time when Mukhortova/Trankov competed, their career may have looked differently.
    that's right, i absolutely agree with you in that case

vCash
    Dissapointing but not surprising news. I was a big fan of this couple, they had a wonderfull style on the ice but her jumps were always holding them back. Her IPS bio states that she has 3T and 3S but I very rarely recall her landing them. I always thought a better move would have been for both of them to leave Pavlova, it never struck me as the happiest camp, I always found Pavlova cold and unsupporitve towards her. I would have thought Vasiliev would have been good for them jump wise but I wouldn't want them to lose their style.

Hopefully they can both find new partners but that is easier said than done and their is a lot of talent in Russia atm so they could find it difficult to find a place for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    Dissapointing but not surprising news. I was a big fan of this couple, they had a wonderfull style on the ice but her jumps were always holding them back. Her IPS bio states that she has 3T and 3S but I very rarely recall her landing them. I always thought a better move would have been for both of them to leave Pavlova, it never struck me as the happiest camp, I always found Pavlova cold and unsupporitve towards her. I would have thought Vasiliev would have been good for them jump wise but I wouldn't want them to lose their style.

Hopefully they can both find new partners but that is easier said than done and their is a lot of talent in Russia atm so they could find it difficult to find a place for themselves.
    I have also been a fan of this pair. Although I am not sure why you would think that Vasiliev would have been good for her jumps. Vasiliev did not help Mukhortova with her jumps, so why would he have the skills to sort Martiusheva's jumps? I think they would need someone who is very good at jumps. Possibly having additional lessons with some single's coach who coaches solid technique, just for the jumps. But we don't know, maybe she was having input from someone like that...

vCash
    Isn't Rogonov on the icepartnerlistsearch ? Does that mean he has a new partner or has he quit skating ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lis View Post
    Isn't Rogonov on the icepartnerlistsearch ? Does that mean he has a new partner or has he quit skating ?
    He is not there. Not sure what he decided to do. He recently got married so maybe he decided to quit. Or he has already found a new partner and did not need to put himself on icepartnersearch.

vCash
    Martiusheva is a lost case. She's done. I just wish Rogonov is looking for another partner. It would be a shame to lost him too just because he waited too long for Anastasia to get her act together.

Who would be a good partner for him? a few of the top juniors teams is not gonna make it. Probabaly Davankova or Fedorova?

vCash
    I loved all three ladies- Martiusheva, Iliushechkina, and Mukhortova. Unfortunately Maritusheva just could not land her jumps. Sorry to hear about the split but can Rogonov pair up with Iliushechkina now? It seems Mukhortova has been out of competitions so long that it may be tough for her to get back into the grind. What a waste of her talent!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lis View Post
    He's taking a part in Lithuanian "Stars on Ice" or "Dance on Ice" or whatever.
    http://www.delfi.lt/pramogos/zmones/....d?id=63854118

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kapriza View Post
    He's taking a part in Lithuanian "Stars on Ice" or "Dance on Ice" or whatever.
    http://www.delfi.lt/pramogos/zmones/....d?id=63854118
    So it looks that he wants break from competitive figure skating (or possibly complete retirement).

Snarkist
    vCash
    Interview from 02.02.14 with V&T on NRK (Norwegian) regarding the Olympics, how they see their competitors etc. (no geoblocking)
    http://tv.nrk.no/serie/dagsrevyen/nn...-2014#t=35m47s

Transcription (this is a quick translation, mistakes can happen, and the Russian language part is translated from Norwegian subtitles. If a native Russian speaker notices inconsistencies between what is spoken and my transcription, I would greatly appreciate if that is pointed out. I personally don't like it when content gets lost in translation.)

Anchor: "We're going to see what perhaps is Russia's biggest hope for gold during the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi: The reigning world champions in pairs figure skating, Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar. They know their stuff!"

Reporter Hans-Wilhelm Steinfeld: "The reigning world champions in pairs figure skating easily set a new world record at the European championship in Budapest in January. Which acted as their warm up to the Winter Olympics."

Steinfeld: "What are your athletic expectations for the Olympics in Sochi?"
    Tatiana: "We have the highest expectations, and [we] are among those with the best chances to medal. We work/train hard within our sporting division. So we prepare and hope to be ready."

Steinfeld: "What do you do to make each other better?"
    Maxim: "The most important [thing] is that we trust each other. The main thing is that we do our best. That makes the partner feel secure/safe and that strengthens [ones] confidence.

Steinfeld: "The fact that Russia is a great skating nation with many enthusiasts is something which can be observed during these pre-Olympic evenings in Gorky Park in Moscow. For a lot of Russians the reigning figure skating world champions are the premier outstanding hope for Olympic Gold medals in Sochi."

Steinfeld: "Do you believe in victory for these two (V&T) in Sochi?"
    Random family in Gorky Park: "Of course we believe in them and wish that they win."

Steinfeld: "Only five days before the Winter Games start here in Sochi, and the Russian stars are already on location. Every ice sport will take place in these massive sports arenas [that] are located down by the coast and the Black Sea. Where Maxim and Tatiana are hard at work already before the start of the Olympics."

Steinfeld: "Who will be your greatest competitors?"
    Maxim: "We haven't really paid attention to the other couples around the world. We are in the lead in the points and otherwise. So the most important thing is to control our nerves. If we can manage that, then we have no competition."
    Some say that in the Autumn all her arms go brown and fall off. And that if she wrote you a letter of condolence she would at least get your name right.

vCash
    Julia will compete in team competition

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...157414693.html

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast