Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Seriously? There's no difference between three spots max and eighteen spots max?

Sakhanovich, Proklova, Sotskova, and Medvedeva are not age-eligible for next year -- starting with the 2014-15 season, they must be 15 by 1 July 2014 for all senior ISU events -- and it doesn't matter how much the Russian Fed wants to send them to GP. Like with Lipnitskaia and Sotnikova, who had their own season of woe, and Tuktamysheva, who was considered a contender for the OGM just a few years ago and hasn't come out the other side of her slump, there's no guarantee that any of these Ladies will be as excellent in a year or two as they are now or that they won't have an adjustment year or two, even after they excel.

Last season, there were five RUS Ladies in the Top 24 SB, all age-eligible, with Leonova on the cusp; all got two in the initial selection. In addition, Korobeynikova was guaranteed one from being #22 on the WS list. The only other Russian Ladies skater who didn't qualify automatically was Gosviani, who was eligible for a host pick and another assignment from the substitutions list. That translated into this season, where the Russian Fed sent Tuktamysheva and Radionova to SA, Lipnitskaia to SC -- Leonova had to pull out -- Pogorilaya, Sotnikova, and Gosviani (who replaced Korobeynikova), to Cup of China, Leonova and Radionova to NHK, Pogorilaya and Sotnikova to TEB, and Liptnitskaia, Tuktamysheva, and Gosviani to RC. That's seven different skaters assigned to 14 spots, with an eighth scheduled and pulled.

The age-eligible RUS Ladies skaters who are likely to be in the Top 24 WS SB are Sotnikova, Lipnitskaia, Radionova, Pogorilaya, and Leonova, and with a good chance of staying there, Tuktamysheva, especially if Kim is dropped as a retired skater. The next age-eligible skater is Gosviani, SB #41. Korobeynikova doesn't have a SB score this season.

I didn't see picky this season, and the skaters who will be guaranteed spots or be on the cusp are the exact same skaters who were guaranteed spots this season, with Gosviani again being the highest on the list for the alternates list. If I'm the Russian Federation, I would want two spots for all of those guaranteed one if I could get them, which should be everyone but Gosviani. I would see no reason to demoralize a skater who was 4th at Europeans and, to date, the only Russian woman to be on the Worlds podium since 2005, because of something that *might* happen two seasons from now, when it would be possible to have the equivalent of a 2013 Sotnikova/Tuktamysheva showing.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 03-13-2014 at 05:30 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    kwanfan1818, if you look at my post No 510 and 514, you may notice that I am actually aware that Sakhanovich, Proklova, Sotskova, and Medvedeva are not age-eligible for next year. I did write it in both posts! I thought the discussion (if you actually bothered to read it) was about whether Leonova may still have long and successful career ahead of her. While I wrote in my posts that I don't doubt that she will get 2 assignments the next season (2014-2015), it will be nearly impossible to get 2 assignments from the season after that (2015-2016) if she skates on the level she has been this season because those fours youngsters from junior will become eligible. Obviously if she gets to the form she was 2-3 years ago, she may make it, but what she is doing now won't be enough. Although having max 18 spots (actually 9 'double-spots' because one needs 2 GP events to be able to get to GPF) is much more than having max three spots for Europeans/worlds, with the level of skating that is in Russia now it really soon won't be enough. I can imagine what the federation will do because they did it to Sokolova.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Then you're also aware that Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia had their difficulties over the last few seasons, that Tuktamysheva, who was considered a medal threat in Sochi not so long ago, is not competitive lately, that had Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova not done so poorly in London, that Leonova would have been in Sochi against many's predictions, just as she was a surprise-to-many participant at Euros, that there's no guarantee that in two year's time that any of the current phenoms will be dominant and/or not going through a growth spurt or be dealing with body changes -- they'll all be turning 16 in the 2015-16 season -- or maintain their jumps or be healthy.

Leonova has been written off over and over, but she somehow remains in the mix. You're welcome to write her off, of course.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Leonova has been written off over and over, but she somehow remains in the mix. You're welcome to write her off, of course.
    Well, she hasn't exactly remained in the mix, has she! She missed Olympics and they are sending Pogorilaya to worlds instead of her...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    And USFS is sending Max Aaron instead of Jason Brown.

We'll just have to wait and see.

vCash
    Guess Gachinsky officially has flown the coop, don't think Mishin would have given this answer had he not......

Now there are rumors that Arthur Gachinski left you. Is it true?
    Throughout my career, I had athletes sometimes and gone, for example, when internal competition among athletes........Gachinski was probably some sort of jealousy to Plushenko........Divorces of couples were are and will be, as transitions sportsmen from coach to coach were are and will be. And I treat this very calmly.
    Full interview http://fsnews.ru/page-id-2248.html

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I love Radionova, but I am sad for Proklova because I really like her too.
    What with juniors AND seniors, there are just too many Russian girls/women to like! I can think of only one (who skates internationally) whom I really don't like.
    Like a leaf on the wind

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I can imagine what the federation will do because they did it to Sokolova.
    There were other reasons they did it to Sokolova.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Guess Gachinsky officially has flown the coop, don't think Mishin would have given this answer had he not......

Based on the most recent reports gachinski is seemigly much more quiet than such people as dmitriev jr

vCash

Do we know who his new coach is?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Do we know who his new coach is?
    Nothing official on the new coach. Rumors suggest Sokolovskaya who teaches at CSKA and coaches Bush, Shelepen, and S. Borodulin

Link: http://sport.mail.ru/sochi/news/16971778/
    Gachinsky Arthur, 20 years old

Coach: Svetlana Sokolovskaja (?)

If we talk about the second Plushenko, the Gachinsky more suited to the title, although Arthur himself, such a comparison is unlikely to enjoy. Mishin Gachinskogo molded in the image of Plushenko, but Arthur brought a sacrifice after Eugene announced the desire to act in Sochi. Gachinskogo crippled and romantic relationship with a fairly well known figure skater. In the end, decided to retire from Gachinsky Mishina, according to my information, he will deal with CSKA Svetlana Sokolovskaya. Hopefully, the latter will be able to resurrect a very talented skater.
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 03-14-2014 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Isn't Sokolovskaya the one whose students can't jump to save their lives?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Isn't Sokolovskaya the one whose students can't jump to save their lives?
    The one and only

vCash
    Nothing official on the new coach. Rumors suggest Sokolovskaya who teaches at CSKA and coaches Bush, Shelepen, and S. Borodulin

Oh no Artur please don't do it!

vCash

omg, that's a career suicide
    he should be begging to go to Tutberidze, Buyanova or Menshov's coach or heck even Morozov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    he should be begging to go to Tutberidze, Buyanova or Menshov's coach or heck even Morozov
    I agree. Tutberidge is the safest bid but he would share the ice with Voronov and Voronov now has became quite good. Saying that, the ladies also share a coach, for example Lipnitskaya and Medvedeva have the same coach and Radionova with Proklova also share one , and it did not hurt them at all.
    Last edited by hanca; 03-15-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Tutberidze also just had Pitkeev win silver at junior Worlds so I'd say she's got a solid group of skaters.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Tutberidze also just had Pitkeev win silver at junior Worlds so I'd say she's got a solid group of skaters.
    She also has another young girl, Polina Tsurskaya, who has some potential. Fantastic jumps - but not a whole lot else yet.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Not Morozov!

Going to anyone with direct rivals of his would defeat the point of leaving Mishin, wouldn't it?

I'd rather see him train outside of Russia, but we know politically that wouldn't work for him.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast