Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    of course not, but that's how the thread will look like if every fan will post like that
    Who the hell cares???

Anyway, first time posting in this thread, but I read quite often. All the best to Tessa and Scott, cannot wait for Nats and Olys!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone here, I have learned so much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    With a certain poster's approval, I hope, I am in receipt of tickets to Nats on the Saturday and am really excited to see Tessa and Scott in competition perhaps for the last time. Thanks to my DH. I'm hoping to meet up with BKfan, and others who are going during the break. I'm so excited. I think we have pretty good seats too. .
    Would like to meet up too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I think that for Christmas we should all watch Mahler and believe that Tessa and Scott will be rewarded for their amazing skating like they were in Vancouver.
    What a Christmas present in feb that would be!

vCash
    Happy Holidays everyone! The W Network Twitter account posted this cute photo link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Happy Holidays everyone! The W Network Twitter account posted this cute photo link
    Thanks!

vCash

vCash
    Ice Princess you are absolutely amazing. Just love your stuff, you make my day

vCash
    Merry Christmas!

http://olympics.cbc.ca/blogs/author/...ng-people.html

Virtue/Moir (and Patrick Chan) were a part of an interview special for CBC, for several expected Olympic athletes.
    Road to the Olympics will air on CBC News Network on Christmas Day at 8 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. (all times eastern), and on Sunday at 6 p.m. ET. It will also air on CBC Television on Sunday beginning at 4 p.m. local time (4:30 p.m. in Newfoundland.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Ice Princess you are absolutely amazing. Just love your stuff, you make my day
    Awww thank you! *shy*

@Fort: "Road to the Olympics" ... I hope someone could record..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Thanks so much Ice Princess!! Love those!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Hope everyone that was stuck in the terrible weather is doing okay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I think that for Christmas we should all watch Mahler and believe that Tessa and Scott will be rewarded for their amazing skating like they were in Vancouver.
    I hope so! & I hope they wont get low-balled at Nationals either like they have been the past two years. Its Olympic year every federation is going to overscore their skaters why can't SC do it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I hope so! & I hope they wont get low-balled at Nationals either like they have been the past two years. Its Olympic year every federation is going to overscore their skaters why can't SC do it?
    Because Skate Canada is willing to throw VM and everybody else under the bus in order to convince the world that GP are Canada's next world champions once VM and WP retire. Nevermind that the international judges don't agree...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolore View Post
    Because Skate Canada is willing to throw VM and everybody else under the bus in order to convince the world that GP are Canada's next world champions once VM and WP retire. Nevermind that the international judges don't agree...
    I know right? SC should focus more on their strongest dancers,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I know right? SC should focus more on their strongest dancers,
    I like GP's freedance this year. It's a wonderful creative dance, but I'm not so sure if they will really win World Medals as soon as SC hopes. The International judges don't seem to like them that much and I think it will take a few years until they will be in a position to fight for World medals. Honestly, I think that P/I will sooner be in a position to fight for the top 10 than G/P.

But,anyway, back to Tessa and Scott. Thank you Ice Princess for all the pics and infos of Tessa and Scott. I didn't even know that an Italian figure skating forum existed since icewire.it closed down. I will surely check it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolore View Post
    Admittedly I'm not a big fan of G/P, but I don't think SC is pushing them anywhere. Nor do I think their marks have anything to do with V/M's marking at Canadian events. These are two completely separate things. I think it's more about the steady devaluing of the skillset of V/M that happened in the judging circle in favour of the 'tricks' heavy skating like G/P (or D/W) - although imo Poirier is a better skater than D/W. I think the whole lot of them - judges I mean - need retraining and not by any ISU panel with an American on it.

vCash
    When Tessa and Scott retire, we can basically say ' Bye,Bye' to beautiful lines and amazing posture. Honestly, I'm scared of what Ice Dance will become once they retire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Admittedly I'm not a big fan of G/P, but I don't think SC is pushing them anywhere. Nor do I think their marks have anything to do with V/M's marking at Canadian events. These are two completely separate things. I think it's more about the steady devaluing of the skillset of V/M that happened in the judging circle in favour of the 'tricks' heavy skating like G/P (or D/W) - although imo Poirier is a better skater than D/W. I think the whole lot of them - judges I mean - need retraining and not by any ISU panel with an American on it.
    I think it really comes down to making serious changes to the makeup of the Ice Dance Technical committee. They are the ones who enforce rules, push for changes, initiate the changes, and "inform" judges what to look for in their marking. As it stands, members from only 4 countries make up this committee: USA, FRA, RUS, POL. The current members from France and Russia are new (in their first term since 2010), and the members from USA are in their second term (since 2006). It's no surprise then, that after 2009, twizzles and lifts became valued higher. Shortly after, the committee decided to have all couples do a useless level 1 choreographic lift in the FD, a move to give certain teams an advantage in points especially if that team is more on the "acrobatic" side than dance.

VM need to have their interests represented by their country. It helps to have your judge on the panel, sure, but if they are being dictated by TPTB (in this case, a certain country with opposing interests) it is not effective. The Ice Dance Technical Committee needs to allow greater representation for more countries because I think if VM had someone in their corner representing their interests we would see more balanced approach to judging. Honestly, I think there is no better opportunity for politicking than having your country represented on the Technical Committee.

The last time Canada had a member in the Ice Dance Technical Commitee was back in the Bourne/Kraatz days.
    Last edited by Tweak; 12-26-2013 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    When Tessa and Scott retire, we can basically say ' Bye,Bye' to beautiful lines and amazing posture. Honestly, I'm scared of what Ice Dance will become once they retire.
    It wont be as bad as after 2002.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    Bendy Bobrova has amazing posture in a unique way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Bendy Bobrova has amazing posture in a unique way
    IK have great basics, but they need to work more on there confidenc

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast