Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1007
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3806
    Here's hoping that if you celebrate Christmas that you have a very happy and safe one, so Merry Christmas Tessa and Scott fans.
    Addicted to FSU

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    lol
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cutTccxpA

    Scott Moir sighting at 4:12 and 4:32

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by ceg15 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cutTccxpA

    Scott Moir sighting at 4:12 and 4:32
    Like Polinas video. She is competitor with Shibs videos
    So Scott father were in Japan Scott look great

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hope you all in safe, guys. And hope weather will be fine soon
    We lost power for one day but some still dont have power. No internet at home I have to use free wifi in stores or at work.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    564
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I also lost internet access and cable TV in the early afternoon on the day of the ice storm. Services didn't return until the next morning. Power was also lost for a few hours that evening. The worst was the large Silver Maple tree in the backyard. The entire top broke away, which also snapped off a large branch on it's way down. I was lucky they just missed a glass patio table when hitting the ground. Two neighbors behind my home also have large branches and tree tops in their backyards. I hope the weight of the ice does not take down more branches before it can thaw. Glad this didn't happen Jan 2nd.
    Last edited by rvi5; 12-24-2013 at 03:39 PM.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    I also lost internet access and cable TV in the early afternoon on the day of the ice storm. Services didn't return until the next morning. Power was also lost for a few hours that evening. The worst was the large Silver Maple tree in the backyard. The entire top broke away, which also snapped off a large branch on it's way down. I was lucky they just missed a glass patio table when hitting the ground. Two neighbors behind my home also have large branches and tree tops in their backyards. I hope the weight of the ice does not take down more branches before it can thaw. Glad this didn't happen Jan 2nd.
    I have a huge 75 year old maple in my backyard which has lost a third of its crown. Hope we dont lose the tree. Otherwise nothing else. Lots of fallen trees in our neighbourhood. But we have heat.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Sounds scary. Hope all will be OK soon

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,032
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy Holidays everyone! May everyone have a safe Christmas! The ISU just posted this video of Tessa&Scott! http://youtu.be/MtkxfAtL2Jo

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    130
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Merry Christmas to everyone! All the best

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,032
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    By the way Ice Princess, I am loving your commentary in this thread http://fenice.forumcommunity.net/?t=...entry390031563 even if I have trouble understanding. I, too don't get how D/W's CoSp got higher points considering they have been using the same spin for alot of seasons! V/M's SlLi should've gotten higher GOE because it looks more cleaner and elegant.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    By the way Ice Princess, I am loving your commentary in this thread http://fenice.forumcommunity.net/?t=...entry390031563 even if I have trouble understanding. I, too don't get how D/W's CoSp got higher points considering they have been using the same spin for alot of seasons! V/M's SlLi should've gotten higher GOE because it looks more cleaner and elegant.
    Oh thank you! I can translate it for all of you if you want...

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Oh thank you! I can translate it for all of you if you want...
    Yes, please

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Here is it

    Looking at just the technical elements of Seasons and Carmen, I finally understood the difficulty of the circular step sequence anti-clockwise! In Carmen was clockwise ... and yeah! The anti-clockwise is moooore difficult!! You have to do just the opposite of what is in the habit! In the other videos I appreciated very much the slow motion ... eeeh there you can see so many things! As for DW there's a continuous hopping in SD! And of course I don't mean to finnstep since it is characterized by skipping ... Then I noticed that the MC steps are very small, many but small steps; TS make few steps but long and "regular" without skipping or interruptions.

    SD:

    NtMi VM 10.43 DW 10.29 - First, the no touch of DW is on two feet, no deep edges, some "stop" (I don't know how best to define them ) and "insicurence" here and there... Quite the opposite the no-touch of TS ...

    Twizzles: VM 7.29 - DW 7.07 - Although the obvious error from Charlie, anyway it was awarded the Lv4 .. if whit imperfect tw there's Lv4 , with perfect tw as were those of TS, it need Lv5 ? The exit from these tw is by far my favorite of them! Beautiful!

    Finnstep Section 1 VM 8.00 -DW 8.07 - Here I demand an explanation .. DW are miles away and I still don't see finnstep in their movements ...

    Finnstep Section 2 VM and DW 8.00 - As above ... especially the little required steps on the spot, no one make it good but TS will not only perform it well but are also perfectly in music! Not to mention the stretched legs out straight and always ... MC quite the opposite ..

    Roli VM 5.36 -DW 5.50 ( p = perfectly executed ) - Or I'm blind , but what was wrong with the TS's rotational?! Following the reasoning of Veronica (my fellow thread friend) and that is that DW tend to bring old elements as a strategy to already know how to perform safely and in this way did not displace the judges then had to apply the same to TS .. this year they recycled the lift but why I don't see the "p" ?


    The interpretation I doesn't even comment, and this pic of the moment before the no touch, speaks by itself:

    http://i.imgur.com/XjlnSEl.jpg


    FD:

    SlLi VM and DW 5.21 - I don't know really how do you assess the lift swan on the same level with the vertical lift .. Just today I looked more closely at the first: Tessa doesn't stretch the leg until they are both ready and after they stretch the legs in the exact same time! But how does she know when to do it if she can't watch him? Guys, timing and unison and harmony ( and so on and so forth ) amazing! Crazy ! The vertical lift is un-watchable if I think of TS's... or Pechalat / Bourzat's too, that is just as hard ... never mind ... Meryl is all clinging on Charlie ...

    Circular Step Sequence: VM 10.43 ( Lv4 + 2.43) - 8.93 DW ( Lv3 + 2.43) - There they are really one the mirror of the other, no pushing, always stretched legs .. The difficult of the anti-clockwise... more more difficult then an ordinary circular step sequence!! The opposite are MC .. Meryl especially, I never see her stretched knees .. never ...

    CuLi VM 5.43 -DW 5.50 ( p) - Again: Why? In the curve of MC , believe me .. I'm hurting myself for Charlie ... as well as being ugly aesthetically with these legs apart and bent ( Meryl ) ... In the curve of TS , Scott has an amazing inclination.. even Robin ( Aliona and Robin ) tilts so in this lift .. then Tessa maintains the position with grace and elegance, without showing the slightest effort.

    Twizzles: VM 7.21 -DW 7.07 - Also here aren't clean tw ... again clear error by Charlie but ehy, Lv4 yet .. bha ...

    Spins VM 6.00 - DW 6.21 - How is it possible that 2 sets of spins are worth more than 3 sets (such as tw) ?? The latest spin of TS is gorgeous, that in carriage...

    RoLi # 1: VM and DW 5.50 ( p) - And thank goodness...

    RoLi # 2: VM 5.07 -DW 5.22 - At the end is always the same lift in Split! Come on!

    Diagonal Step Sequence: VM 8.50 ( Lv3 + 2.00 ) - DW 10.29 ( Lv4 + 2.29) - Someone explain to me, because here really seems that the judges say "a little bit each doesn't hurt anyone " ... In TS I see 2 legs and 2 bodies that become ONE! Besides deep edges, speed, millimeter proximity... MC miles distant , flat blade and aren't "Un corpo e un'anima - a one body and one soul " .... (Un corpo e un'anima its an old italian love song)

    Choreo Lift: VM 1.21 - DW 1.36 - But for the choreo there was a score already established, one for all? If I'm not mistaken it was 1.14 ... why this difference? Between the two choreos there isn't comparison for me ...


    Again, the interpretation did not even comment ... Looking at the perfection of THIS Seasons , I'm even more convinced that I don't want to see Scheherazade as Olympic Gold Medal ... is definitely not an Olympic program . To you other impressions , I've already spoke too ( and I even bothered ) enough ...
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 12-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    Posts
    1,502
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    Somehow, I'm more positive about Tessa and Scott's chances to win a second OGM than before the GPF. If Meryl and Charlie were the clear favorites for the OGM, their scores would have been much higher, especially in the FD. But this didn't happen, because IMO, the judges haven't decided yet, who is going to win in Sochi. This is maybe an odd opinion, but I think that the outcome of the GPF was more a positive sign for Tessa and Scott than for Meryl and Charlie. Before the GPF, there was a lot of talk that Meryl & Charlie have the superior FD and that Tessa & Scott don't have a chance this year, but they only managed to beat them with 1.5 points. That's nothing. I firmly believe that Tessa and Scott can win this thing!

    EDIT: Is this dress http://25.media.tumblr.com/70236afe6...6ftfo2_500.gif a practice dress? I know this has been probably discussed to death in here, but I prefer this color much more than the pink one, she usually wears for the FD.
    I do too! Tessa and Scott have some things to work on and they know this. But the fact that they're within striking distance of a perfect, can't get any better than this, Davis and White is exciting.

    I know Tessa and Scott will have that gold medal dangling around their necks come Sochi.

  15. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I have a huge 75 year old maple in my backyard which has lost a third of its crown. Hope we dont lose the tree. Otherwise nothing else. Lots of fallen trees in our neighbourhood. But we have heat.
    Hope everything is back to normal soon for everyone affected by the ice storm. Now wishing all V&M fans a very Merry Xmas and happy holiday. Hope V&M's wish for the Olympics will come true.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,032
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Here is it

    SD:

    NtMi VM 10.43 DW 10.29 - First, the no touch of DW is on two feet, no deep edges, some "stop" (I don't know how best to define them ) and "insicurence" here and there... Quite the opposite the no-touch of TS ...

    Twizzles: VM 7.29 - DW 7.07 - Although the obvious error from Charlie, anyway it was awarded the Lv4 .. if whit imperfect tw there's Lv4 , with perfect tw as were those of TS, it need Lv5 ? The exit from these tw is by far my favorite of them! Beautiful!

    Finnstep Section 1 VM 8.00 -DW 8.07 - Here I demand an explanation .. DW are miles away and I still don't see finnstep in their movements ...

    Finnstep Section 2 VM and DW 8.00 - As above ... especially the little required steps on the spot, no one make it good but TS will not only perform it well but are also perfectly in music! Not to mention the stretched legs out straight and always ... MC quite the opposite ..

    Roli VM 5.36 -DW 5.50 ( p = perfectly executed ) - Or I'm blind , but what was wrong with the TS's rotational?! Following the reasoning of Veronica (my fellow thread friend) and that is that DW tend to bring old elements as a strategy to already know how to perform safely and in this way did not displace the judges then had to apply the same to TS .. this year they recycled the lift but why I don't see the "p" ?


    The interpretation I doesn't even comment, and this pic of the moment before the no touch, speaks by itself:

    http://i.imgur.com/XjlnSEl.jpg


    FD:

    SlLi VM and DW 5.21 - I don't know really how do you assess the lift swan on the same level with the vertical lift .. Just today I looked more closely at the first: Tessa doesn't stretch the leg until they are both ready and after they stretch the legs in the exact same time! But how does she know when to do it if she can't watch him? Guys, timing and unison and harmony ( and so on and so forth ) amazing! Crazy ! The vertical lift is un-watchable if I think of TS's... or Pechalat / Bourzat's too, that is just as hard ... never mind ... Meryl is all clinging on Charlie ...

    Circular Step Sequence: VM 10.43 ( Lv4 + 2.43) - 8.93 DW ( Lv3 + 2.43) - There they are really one the mirror of the other, no pushing, always stretched legs .. The opposite MC .. Meryl especially, I never see her stretched knees .. never ...

    CuLi VM 5.43 -DW 5.50 ( p) - Again: Why? In the curve of MC , believe me .. I'm hurting myself for Charlie ... as well as being ugly aesthetically with these legs apart and bent ( Meryl ) ... In the curve of TS , Scott has an amazing inclination.. even Robin ( Aliona and Robin ) tilts so in this lift .. then Tessa maintains the position with grace and elegance, without showing the slightest effort.

    Twizzles: VM 7.21 -DW 7.07 - Also here aren't clean tw ... again clear error by Charlie but ehy, Lv4 yet .. bha ...

    Spins VM 6.00 - DW 6.21 - How is it possible that 2 sets of spins are worth more than 3 sets (such as tw) ?? The latest spin of TS is gorgeous, that in carriage...

    RoLi # 1: VM and DW 5.50 ( p) - And thank goodness...

    RoLi # 2: VM 5.07 -DW 5.22 - At the end is always the same lift in Split! Come on!

    Diagonal Step Sequence: VM 8.50 ( Lv3 + 2.00 ) - DW 10.29 ( Lv4 + 2.29) - Someone explain to me, because here really seems that the judges say "a little bit each doesn't hurt anyone " ... In TS I see 2 legs and 2 bodies that become ONE! Besides deep edges, speed, millimeter proximity... MC miles distant , flat blade and aren't "Un corpo e un'anima - a one body and one soul " .... (Un corpo e un'anima its an old italian love song)

    Choreo Lift: VM 1.21 - DW 1.36 - But for the choreo there was a score already established, one for all? If I'm not mistaken it was 1.14 ... why this difference? Between the two choreos there isn't comparison for me ...


    Again, the interpretation did not even comment ... Looking at the perfection of THIS Seasons , I'm even more convinced that I don't want to see Scheherazade as Olympic Gold Medal ... is definitely not an Olympic program . To you other impressions , I've already spoke too ( and I even bothered ) enough ...
    Thank you for translating. I hope it did not bother you since it is Christmas Eve. I hope for Tessa and Scott to have a prosperous year full of good health, luck, and success!

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    You're welcome BTW I added something..

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you ice princess. It is so not fair but I try to just enjoy and not be frustrated.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    i was dreading to see this thread being filled with "merry christmas" or "happy holidays" greetings with nothing else in those posts. i mean, i know people mean well, but it's just a waste of thread space to see plain greetings posts from each and every fan until you get to the actual posts that talk about the actual topic. so far, there has been only a minimal amount of such posts i've seen in this thread, and let's keep it that way.

    for any fan who wishes to just post a greeting and nothing else, just create a greetings/well wishes thread for such and not bother everyone else with a rush of greetings in a discussion thread. especially with the coming new year, and everyone else is just gonna try to post as much new year wishes as possible. with that said, merry christmas and a gainful new year to v/m and fans

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •