Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    If you think that any of this relates to Meryl, I must say that I don't see anything in her that deviates from the norm, certainly nothing that could serve as a reason to call her ugly.

As I already said this "golden section" is not reality. Even if a person has naturally ideal facial proportions according to the "golden section", it is very likely that they don't have ideal body proportions, and the other way round. Or some parts are "right" according to the Golden section, but others are not.

I believe I already answered your question too - I don't think that the size of Meryl's head deviates from the norm. In truth, I have never noticed anything wrong with the size of her head.

Lastly, you are contradicting yourself with this saying - "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". It is not compatible with the thought about the "golden section" at all, as it tells us that beauty is subjective, while the "golden section" tells that it is an objective and measurable thing.
    I too feel her (Meryl) head is far too large for her body ie disproportionate. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder so some consider her beautiful and I don't have a problem with that. I see Tessa as a very classical beauty and Meryl definitely exotic looking.

vCash
    Tessa's on some magazines. link

vCash
    i still dont understand that people as gorgeous and accomplished as tessa and scott, particularly tessa, never got as much endorsements as i thought they should get for their olympic achievement, their looks and even their romantic appeal. gosh, tessa alone can really be such a classic print model with her looks and toned build. people with lesser achievements and less than classic print model looks have gotten far more endorsements than they have.

vCash
    Tessa has a gorgeous build, well toned but she doesn't look like a piece of grissle like some women in sport. She is a true beauty and doesn't need makeup to make her so. I'm envious lol
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i still dont understand that people as gorgeous and accomplished as tessa and scott, particularly tessa, never got as much endorsements as i thought they should get for their olympic achievement, their looks and even their romantic appeal. gosh, tessa alone can really be such a classic print model with her looks and toned build. people with lesser achievements and less than classic print model looks have gotten far more endorsements than they have.
    Their achievement at Vancouver didn't get as much publicity as it should have outside of the figure skating niche, partly because it was over shadowed by all the other gold medals won in the various winter sports. In figure skating, it was Joannie who had the most wide spread publicity. Tessa & Scott are somewhat private people, keeping their skating career separate from their personal lives. A little hard to do when you are famous, and everyone wants to discuss every detail of your lives. That is OK if that was what they wanted. They had a book written about them, but that was more oriented towards avid figure skating fans. Casual fans probably wouldn't spend money on something like that. Perhaps now that their competition career is coming to a close, they have a different outlook. Hence their appearances in various photo shoots, and this reality show. Once Tessa & Scott stop competing, how often would they appear on TV if they remain completely private? CSOI, and perhaps commentary work if they choose that route? Maybe Battle of the Blades?

ETA: What is the saying? "Out of sight, out of mind"? Even negative publicity can make you famous. I read about a poll on the local newspaper, which indicated only 18% of Americans know who Stephen Harper is. About 70-80% are aware of Rob Ford.
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-07-2014 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Now, guys, i am worry for those, who will go to Nationals. So many flights were canceled, its so cold in Toronto. How thing going in Ottawa?
    And what did you think about PB withdraw from ECh? Look like main VM rivals focusing on OG already, when TS will skate at Nationals.

vCash
    I think that those who were going in today may have problems but it is supposed to be better tomorrow. I will be driving on friday and the weather appears ok.

It has really been bitterly cold here - pipes in my daughters bathroom have frozen and that has never happened since 1988 when I moved into this house. Thank heavens the rest of the house is OK.

I think that they enjoy the Canadians and it will be fine for them. Of course they wont be doing the 4cc.

P&B withdrawing could be strategy since they dont want to lose to Bobrova and Soloviev.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I think that those who were going in today may have problems but it is supposed to be better tomorrow. I will be driving on friday and the weather appears ok.

It has really been bitterly cold here - pipes in my daughters bathroom have frozen and that has never happened since 1988 when I moved into this house. Thank heavens the rest of the house is OK.

I think that they enjoy the Canadians and it will be fine for them. Of course they wont be doing the 4cc.

P&B withdrawing could be strategy since they dont want to lose to Bobrova and Soloviev.
    Hope the weather will be better soon.
    Bobrova and Soloviev withdraw from ECh too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Now, guys, i am worry for those, who will go to Nationals. So many flights were canceled, its so cold in Toronto. How thing going in Ottawa?
    And what did you think about PB withdraw from ECh? Look like main VM rivals focusing on OG already, when TS will skate at Nationals.
    I had a flight out tomorrow morning that was cancelled. I ended up rebooking on a flight at an airport 2 and a half hours from me because there were not any flights out of the airport near me until Thursday night/Friday morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenji124 View Post
    I had a flight out tomorrow morning that was cancelled. I ended up rebooking on a flight at an airport 2 and a half hours from me because there were not any flights out of the airport near me until Thursday night/Friday morning.
    I am really worried for you all, guys! Hope all will be OK with your flight from that airport. Fingers crossed!

vCash
    Safe travels Jenji, and everyone else that's going! I also hope all of the skaters/coaches make it safely and on time!

vCash
    I am really worried for you all, guys! Hope all will be OK with your flight from that airport. Fingers crossed!
    Thanks, I hope everything will be ok too. *fingers crossed*

Thank you MissJD

vCash
    The problem with bad weather on much of the continent( east coast, Ontario, midwest, Montana etc etc) is that flights get stuck at some point and then get cancelled because they cannot get to the hubs. I was very lucky to come back from the Caribbean on saturday when the weather was good - sunday was a zoo.

vCash
    Thanks, I hope everything will be ok too. *fingers crossed*

Thank you MissJD
    Hope your flight leaves on time and all is ok.

vCash
    Does anybody need tickets for the gala? We're not going to use it so if somebody needs two tickets you can have it. I'm flying in via Chicago and I hope everything works out.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Does anybody need tickets for the gala? We're not going to use it so if somebody needs two tickets you can have it. I'm flying in via Chicago and I hope everything works out.
    Have a nice trip!

To spend time untill Nationsls
    http://www.canadianliving.com/blogs/...nd-scott-moir/

For Tessa and Scott, Marina’s professionalism and work ethic set her apart. “She’s first to the rink every day, she’s there from six to six, and she doesn’t take any breaks,” says Scott. They never question her when she expects more from them, because she’s the hardest worker at the rink. Scott says that’s a lesson he’ll take through life—if you want to be a leader, you need to lead by example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Hope all works out for you Shay....

vCash
    I'm driving with a friend to Ottawa early Friday morning and I'm praying that it won't be freezing rain. Snow and cold I can handle but not ice.

vCash
    For Tessa and Scott, Marina’s professionalism and work ethic set her apart. “She’s first to the rink every day, she’s there from six to six, and she doesn’t take any breaks,” says Scott. They never question her when she expects more from them, because she’s the hardest worker at the rink. Scott says that’s a lesson he’ll take through life—if you want to be a leader, you need to lead by example.
    What is that eye-roll about? Do you think that it's not true/that it's bad, or that it's wrong to take Marina as an example in anything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I'm driving with a friend to Ottawa early Friday morning and I'm praying that it won't be freezing rain. Snow and cold I can handle but not ice.
    Me too. But I do have snow tires and a crossover so hope all is ok.

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast