Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    This one is for the British Eurosport commentators, but the title fits it to a T!

I can't stand how they keep saying that the repeat of a jump needs to be in combo or it won't count. They say this time after time, but it hasn't applied since 6.0! Yes, the second one needs to be in combo if the first one wasn't, but the penalty is +S and 80% of base value. The jump doesn't get nullified!

vCash
    I am an uber fan of Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze, but their FIDS used to always bother me because of the way Elena entered it. It was the only unattractive thing about their skating.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Kostner's and Radionova's costumes this season. The FS one for Carolina, to be specific, but you knew that. Blinged out grandma panties, really?

Overabundance of gloves on Russian ladies. You really can skate without them and not be deducted, honest!

As to Gracie's red lipstick--I like the look but she COULD experiment with other shades.

Dai's The Beatles program--not feeling it.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 12-25-2013 at 03:09 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Most of the Russian ladies costumes-tacky.
    Rippon- I preferred his hair short
    Abbott- his programs this season are lackluster-it's like he knew he wasn't in the running and gave up.
    YuNa- her feet stand out as klunky looking in spins
    Mao- someone with her talent and musicality should be pushing the artistic limits. She's not.
    Gracie- hate the hype-but like her anyway
    Brown- too many see how flexible I am moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Kostner's and Radionova's costumes this season. The FS one for Carolina, to be specific, but you knew that. Blinged out grandma panties, really?

Overabundance of gloves on Russian ladies. You really can skate without them and not be deducted, honest!

As to Gracie's red lipstick--I like the look but she COULD experiment with other shades.
    I hate the gloves.

Also Mao's choker costumes. She is so lovely, but those dresses are so hideous on her.

As to Gracie's red lips. That is clearly the completely wrong tone of red for her skin tone. How no one has figured that out is beyond me. Stop by Sephora, sweetie, they will help you find the right one. It will only take a few minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    See, if I were as flexible as Jason I would be showing it off as much as I could too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    i'll second this and add the Russian men to that too.

Also Sotnikova LP dress and music arrangements both long and short, awful.

Radionova and her half covered boots. No honey, that's not cute. Don't like her hair or shoulders either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    He's not as bad at it as Lipnitskaya. At least HIS flexibility moves match the music and add to the skating, rather than just being "LOOK AT ME I'M GUMBY!"

vCash
    Dornbush's awful Beatles muzak.

(And his consistency. *sigh* )
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    He's not as bad at it as Lipnitskaya. At least HIS flexibility moves match the music and add to the skating, rather than just being "LOOK AT ME I'M GUMBY!"
    I disagree. Last year I would have agreed with you about Julia, but not so this year. She has used it only to enhance her program, and it has worked very well. Right now she has it all, except international experience, but that will come in the next few years. If she goes to the Olys in 2014, that will be an accelerated development. I love her skating now. I loved Jason's LP but he still has to work on jumps and be able to the difficult jumps while retaining his beautiful musicality.

vCash
    I dislike almost 50% of Mao's costumes. Carolina's too.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    - Any skater who wears over-the-boot tights or, even worse, tights that cover only the top half of the boot *looks pointedly at Radionova*

- Trankov's unfortunate facial hair choices . At the rate he's going with it, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if V/T's FS next season is from Springtime for Hitler.

- Totally petty and shallow here, but skaters that have unfortunate schnozzes (ie., Plushenko, Brown, and to a lesser degree, Kwan) *ducks and runs from the by the Kwaniacs*

- Splayed fingers - IOW, the majority of Russian singles skaters. Take some lessons from Akiko as she has beautifully expressive hands and fingers in her programs

- Meryl's need to further point her toes. Ditto for Kim Yuna. Emily Samuelson could make a killing running a clinic to teach skaters how to do a beautiful toe point.

- Scott Moir's personality. His off-ice comments and attitude whenever they don't win takes me right out of really liking V/M as a team.

- Carolina Kostner's inability to wear a dress that covers her ass. You'd think Roberto Cavalli could have solved this problem years ago, but it never happened.

- The apparent trend in Mens' hair styling of super short on the sides and a Jiffy Pop mess on the top that makes them look like Shoney's/Bob's Big Boy (ie., Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott, Florent Immodium, and several others)

- Max Aaron and Daisuke Takahashi's long torsos and short legs (I realize they have no control over their body type, but it still bugs me. Tim Goebel had the same issue and it drove me nuts when he was competing).

- Radionova's and Bobrova's horrible posture. It absolutely ruins their lines and makes their choreography look bad.

- Radionova's cheap-ass Toddlers and Tiaras styling. I'd likely be a fan of her if she was styled/packaged better.

- Madison Chock's stupid hearts on her boots and her constant "LOOK AT ME ME ME ME ME!!" facial expression and body language when she skates. She did it when Greg Zuerlein was her partner as well as with current partner Evan Bates.

Kim Yuna's free leg on just about everything other than when she lands her jumps. Her layback spin position is one of the ugliest of all the current Ladies.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My Chinese herbology teacher told me that Michelle Kwan's nose is considered lucky in Chinese culture. So is Jackie Chan's.

As to Yuna, she doesn't point her toes at all, no effort whatsoever.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I dislike almost 50% of Mao's costumes. Carolina's too.
    Too much fake-skin. It ruins the look for me. Most of the time you could have the dress without it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234