Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Volosozhar-Trankov
    SS both programs. This programs are nice,.but I want more from them.
    PB short dance. I think they are much better then this.
    Bobrova-Soloviev FD.
    Ubers, who try to made impression they are just FS fans and try hard to made impression they are journalists

vCash
    More -

As someone upthread said - Max Aaron's hair and eyebrows: I think he's going for edgy. I really like him and hope he make the team but he has strong, prominent facial features and would look much better with a simple traditional cut. Then, when he was plucking his eyebrows (can't really recall if he still does it) but - - for the same reasons, they would look better au naturel, perhaps just tweezing the occasional wild hair and making sure they don't grow together .

Champs Camp - Per the thread title, it's obviously not a skater and I don't necessary like it, but what a load of bollocks. The USFSA needs to go more 'Hunger Games' and at least try and instill a killer instinct in US skaters.

vCash
    As mentioned before... Marchei and I believe Suzuki's thick clunky skates. Also Davis/White's acrobatics and arm flailing.

vCash
    I'll add more !
    When the olympics come around I don't want any skater's kissing the ice after a good performance
    Another thing which I don't care for not about skater's but the ice I like the ice surface to be free of advertisement' or the actual event eg Skate America logo I just like a white surface

vCash
    Other skaters fans who have now completely turned me off certain skaters. I am, however, not "together" with the other two in this thread who have similar opinion.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    V and T ans S and S of pairs both have a fugly bent leg position in one of their lifts that clearly garner them extra points for difficulty but is a horrible position.

vCash
    - Gracie's overall stiffness
    - Adelina's horrible FS dress
    - Anyone still wearing OTB tights; get with the trend...white boots are back in!
    - Yu-Na's yellow dress SP (it completely washes her out and the style is boring...she usually makes better wardrobe choices)
    - How similar nearly all of Liza T's SP programs and outfits are
    - When Julia's spins travel. Her spins are so great but her layback and combo spins sometimes travel 3 or 4 feet.
    - Techno remixes of classical music; it hurts my soul. (*cough* Adelina's Rondo *cough*)
    - Kanako's hammer technique on her flip and lutz. Other than the take-off the jumps are usually really nice...but that hammer toe is horrible.
    - Mirai's blank face and passionless delivery of what are probably two really nice programs this year.

I'm sure I'll think of more soon...

vCash
    Jeremy Abbott's tendency to choke.
    Alissa Czisny's jump technique.
    Brian Joubert's dress sense.
    Yuna Kim's unpointed toes.
    Mirai Nagasu's wandering mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    - Gracie's overall stiffness
    - Adelina's horrible FS dress
    - Anyone still wearing OTB tights; get with the trend...white boots are back in!
    - Yu-Na's yellow dress SP (it completely washes her out and the style is boring...she usually makes better wardrobe choices)
    - How similar nearly all of Liza T's SP programs and outfits are
    - When Julia's spins travel. Her spins are so great but her layback and combo spins sometimes travel 3 or 4 feet.
    - Techno remixes of classical music; it hurts my soul. (*cough* Adelina's Rondo *cough*)
    - Kanako's hammer technique on her flip and lutz. Other than the take-off the jumps are usually really nice...but that hammer toe is horrible.
    - Mirai's blank face and passionless delivery of what are probably two really nice programs this year.

I'm sure I'll think of more soon...
    You've highlighted new things for me. Kanako's toe jumps are just flat out ugly. They look like they should take all energy from her. Ms. Yamada should be slapped for teaching it. Mirai's face: i bet Frank Carrol just stopped even asking her to do better. It's really terrible.

vCash
    Takahiko Kozuka- Does the word "expression" translate to Japanese? His facial expressions are merely a theory as they are not seen in reality. I'm also discouraged that he's so committed to Marina Zueva for choreography. It's not particularly good. The cuts of music are just not edited well. I think that she's not so great at singles choreography. with that...

MARINA ZUEVA AS A SINGLES CHOREOGRAPHER !!! Her work with pairs is brilliant and her dance work is in a class by itself. Then, she tries to give every skater she works with who is a singles skater a literal balletic look and it rarely. works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I'll add more !
    When the olympics come around I don't want any skater's kissing the ice after a good performance
    Another thing which I don't care for not about skater's but the ice I like the ice surface to be free of advertisement' or the actual event eg Skate America logo I just like a white surface
    I agree. Also I don't like when they bite their medals.

vCash
    Skaters re-using programs during more than one season. Having said that, I did enjoy East of Eden programs skated by Kwan, whenever she used that music and I love the FS of Abbott and Chan as I enjoyed them when they first skated those programs, but mostly I'd rather watch a new program.

Traveling spins are annoying as are skaters who only skate for the judges and forget the rest of the audience.

What about skaters who make an unexpected movement which throws you out of the program? Some skaters make me forget I'm watching skating, I'm enjoying their program so much that I'm in this different realm until they make a movement which seems unexpected or doesn't fit with the rest of the program or doesn't fit in that spot, that is quite distracting, but you could call it nitpicking I suppose.

vCash
    Artur's seemingly magic ability to be entirely spooked by the littlest things.

To be fair, he was never reset properly after the first glitch with his music, but... *sigh*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Anna Cappellini's dirty boots!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding

I am irritated by skaters' crazy fans...I cannot say I am irritated by something a skater does, but some fans are just totally nuts and that really bothers me because I can't believe that such weird and stupid people can exist.
    This. I don't think my favorite skaters walk on water and no one should!!!
    It actually puts me off the whole forum thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    This. I don't think my favorite skaters walk on water and no one should!!!
    It actually puts me off the whole forum thing.
    Except they do sort of walk on water. Frozen water.

vCash
    The fact that Meryl and Charlie, but mostly Meryl, insist on wearing beautiful outfits to practice, that I love, and those outfits never see the light of competition day. Especially when the dress that wins is in the purple-burgundy-red family.

Yeah...I might still be upset by that blue DF dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    Except they do sort of walk on water. Frozen water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble77 View Post
    I agree. Also I don't like when they bite their medals.
    I think the photographers make them do that. It's a 'thing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    The fact that Meryl and Charlie, but mostly Meryl, insist on wearing beautiful outfits to practice, that I love, and those outfits never see the light of competition day. Especially when the dress that wins is in the purple-burgundy-red family.

Yeah...I might still be upset by that blue DF dress.
    YES! I still do not understand why she wore that nice dress to SD practice in Nice, but reverted to the one sleeve one for actual competition--which I hated!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Artur's seemingly magic ability to be entirely spooked by the littlest things.

To be fair, he was never reset properly after the first glitch with his music, but... *sigh*
    who's artur?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast