Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Anna Capellini's FD dress.
    ITA! The fact that the shoulder ruffles don't connect to her dress at the back drives be bananas. Ugh.

Also S/S and their "the heiress and the bellboy" LP costumes.

vCash
    How about skaters fan clubs?
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Suzuki Akiko's spins

vCash
    I hate to admit it, but when any particular skater gets inflated marks or consistently gets the benefit of generosity from tech callers, it makes me start to dislike the skater even if it's really the fault of the panel, not the skater.

ETA - the fact that Yu Na is queen but doesn't have a full arsenal of triples alongside a mediocre layback and spiral (I still prefer her to Mao, though)

vCash
    Okay, I have to add: Adelina Sotnikova's LP costume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ETA - the fact that Yu Na is queen but doesn't have a full arsenal of triples alongside a mediocre layback and spiral (I still prefer her to Mao, though)
    In an extension of this: The fact that Yuna is queen, but if you try to call Plushenko King you get squawked at, despite the fact that he is infinitely more qualified to be called King than Yuna is to be called Queen.

vCash
    I want to add Josee Chouinard sweating profusely after every program. Not her fault but it bothered me. Someone hand her a towel already. Ditto for Jamie Sale's pit stains.

vCash
    Pit stains in any costume. They make sew in sweat shields.

Nude bloomers.
    Visible underwear under tights. (On the non elite level girls who wear tights over underwear and nothing on top of the tights)

vCash
    Marcy Hinzmann's red boot soles (Louboutins, I'm presuming?) on Battle of the Blades were soooooo distracting. I wanted to watch her and her partner actually skating but just couldn't because the soles are so distracting.

vCash
    I saw all the comments on S/S and I was like: WHAAAAT?

I LOVE Aliona's cream (or whatever you call it) colored boots. I loved them on Rita Drobiazko and I love them on Aliona. SO much better than tights over boots or huge white boots that don't match anything.
    I also think their FS costumes are pretty lovely. Hate the SP ones, though. And I really loved their Out of Africa costumes, so even though sometimes they do go over the top with them, they also sometimes have really stunning outfits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I saw all the comments on S/S and I was like: WHAAAAT?

I LOVE Aliona's cream (or whatever you call it) colored boots. I loved them on Rita Drobiazko and I love them on Aliona. SO much better than tights over boots .
    I really don't mind the beige boots either.They looked good on Delobel Aliona Babs etc They are better than dirty white boots eg Cappellini . My fav skater Albena Denkova has recently ditched the OTB tight's thank goodness as I always thought they made her feet look clunky.Hate the hearts on Madison Chock's boots .Pasha's lilac boots were rather special weren't they ?

vCash
    Visible illusion fabric and nude straps that don't match the skaters complexion. They don't look very pleasing and are extremely distracting. Meryl Davis' facial expressions and over the top acting. It's painful to watch. Also her eye make up is usually rather unflattering. It should be forbidden just like Maxim Trankov's mustache and hair band. Such a handsome man and he hasnt tries everything to make him appear unattractive ... Charlie White needs a haircut and Tessa's smile sometimes seems out of place. I wish ice dancers in general weren't so obligated to smile all the time. And Patrick Chan's eyes scare me.

vCash
    You all know I'm crazy about Davis/White, but I WISH Meryl would point her feet.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Max Aaron's hair.
    Mao Asada's LP costume.
    Castelli/ Shnapir always messing up the sbs jumps
    Chock Bates music in FD
    Cesario skating too slow
    Meryl's hairstyle in FD
    Wagner's FD. go back to black swan or sd!
    Osmond's FD this year.

and most of all

Javier's programs and costumes this yr

vCash
    I also cannot stand Adelina's flesh colored gloves. I don't know why but they bother the heck out of me!

vCash
    Yuzuru Hanyu's LP costume. It looks like he's wearing an off-the-shoulder evening dress! The diagonal ruffle across the chest disrupts his body line.

vCash
    Anna Cappellini's dirty boots!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding

I am irritated by skaters' crazy fans...I cannot say I am irritated by something a skater does, but some fans are just totally nuts and that really bothers me because I can't believe that such weird and stupid people can exist.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    I am irritated by skaters' crazy fans...I cannot say I am irritated by something a skater does, but some fans are just totally nuts and that really bothers me because I can't believe that such weird and stupid people can exist.
    I feel exactly the same way. I suppose that makes us, for the purposes of this thread, together. Every step. Every breath.

vCash
    Meryl's hairdo and makeup for Scheherezade. She's so pretty, in an unusual way perhaps, and she can be styled much better.
    Volosozhar/Trankov skating to JSC irritates me. I expected so much more musically and artistically when they first teamed up.
    Mao Asada's costumes.
    The fact that Jeremy Abbott is so talented, and just hasn't put it together at Worlds (I'm not necessarily irritated at him for this, but for him rather).
    That Illinkyh/Katsalapov are still coached by Morosov.

A general one, that there aren't enough voids in ice dance.

vCash
    Gracie Gold's RED lipstick...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast