Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Things that irritate you about a skater you otherwise like

I'll start:

Nobunari Oda- why the HELL cant he find pants long enough to go over his skating boots during his performances? I am so sick of seeing the grey lining of the inside of his boots because his pants flood. FIX THAT!!!

Revolution Blades- The newfangled design distracts me...

Edea boots- Valentina Marchei and Akiko Suzuki look like they are skating in casts!

Mao Asada- She looks like she wears the same shirt to all of her practices lol.

vCash
    Ohhhh boy... Ladies who wear raggedy boots... Anna should know better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyhkhlbHKOM

vCash
    Aliona Savchenko's creme colored boots. And S/S's costumes in general. Love their skating but their costumes need to be burned on a stake and the ashes have to meet an exorcist before they can be buried somewhere.

vCash
    I agree 100% about the nude color boots period. I also agree that their costumes are amongst the worst.

vCash
    Kim's lack of toe point and layback turn out. Anyone who wears over the boot tights. Stirrup tights are even worse.

vCash
    Hanyu's ridiculous R&J shirt. Surely they won't let him wear that hot mess to the Olympics! Especially since he has a good chance to medal!!

That Trankov's tunic shirt comes up every time he jumps. Also, that headband. And his tweets/ interviews post GPF. Try to stay classy Max

That Szolkowy's Nutcracker top has pink sleeves and a red vest.

Fernandez's costumes. I mean he'd look good in anything, but come on!

Sotnikova's weird see-through dress...

Anna Capellini's FD dress.

(Sorry, I didn't realize this would be so long haha! Apparently I have major issues with costuming!)

vCash
    Yuna's layback is the first thing that comes to mind. Eek.

Mao's new LP costume. Mao doing two 3 Axels in the LP.

vCash
    Yu na's spiral

Mao's back to back triple axels in her LP

vCash
    Caitlin Yankowskas' eye make-up. It ruins my enjoyment of the performance, no matter who she skates with.

If I saw her live with no close-up camera work, I'm sure I'd enjoy her skating. But, just, yuck!

vCash
    Akiko Suzuki's flying camel was the first thing that came to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    Yuna's layback is the first thing that comes to mind. Eek.

Mao's new LP costume. Mao doing two 3 Axels in the LP.
    Mao's new SP costume too...

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    A skater who shall remain nameless always-a l w a y s-after x number of camel spin rotations slapped his free leg at the finish. A seemingly minor thang until you put a lot of programs together and see it over and over and over and over and aaaargh!!!!
    PLUSHENKO YOU ARE ALWAYS THE BEST

vCash
    Yuna's lack of toe point. Akiko's all of her spins...yuck. Miki's lack of speed, Machida's hair.. , Mao's ugly costumes.

vCash
    Mao's dog collar costumes. Michelle's skin tags don't annoy me but they're distracting. Jeremy's strange behavior in the kiss and cry that sometimes makes him appear mentally challenged. Tara never pronouncing the first T in important. She says "imporUNT" So annoying. Sasha's bad acting when she bombed at 2010 nationals and "yawned" and acted bored waiting for the final results. Please, girl. You were crushed and weren't fooling anyone. Elena Radionova's Jon Benet Ramsey-like makeup and hair. Adorable skater but horrible style. Mirai showing a ton of personality in the warmup and kiss and cry but stoneface during her performance.

vCash
    I like Virtue and Moir but sometimes I hate Tessa's facial expressions, like when she looks angry/sad/in pain in the eyes, and is faking a smile at the same time. It's probably because she actually IS in pain due to her previous injury, but it's still annoying. I like Chan too but sometimes his googly-eyed facial expressions bother me too. I know he can't help it totally since he has that cross-eyed problem, although I thought he had an operation to correct that, at least in part, a couple of years ago.

vCash
    - Moore-Towers/Moskovitch seem to have only ONE lift position.

- Second the beige boots.

- Kostner's skirts are just too dang short on her.

vCash
    -Moore/Towers' hair/makeup selections. I know not everyone has decent taste, but this isn't a country fair beauty pageant (say no to perms )
    - Akiko's (or Max Aaron's) Camel spin. Get that leg straight!!!
    - Both of Mao's new costumes. I LOVED the original Chopin costume we saw at SA, NHK. I wasn't crazy about the original Rach 2 Bluebird situation but the new one is vom.com. Can we get a restraining order for Tarasova when it comes to costumes?
    -On that same note, Kovtun's LP costume.
    -Liza T's LP dress. Literally the only woman I've ever seen look unforgiving in black.
    -Adelina's LP. I love her, her skating, everything, but sweet jesus a techno remix of Saint-Saens is just blasphemous.
    -Hard to describe, but the way Adam Rippon goes into his spins. He slumps his back all of a sudden, it's so jarring. In his Faun free skate this season, in the last 30 sec. he does 3S, spread eagle, all gorgeous, and then segues into a Hunchback of Notre Dame thing to do his CCoSp.
    -Kaetlyn Osmond's spins. Love her, but...
    -Tatsuki Machida's overall look; costumes that would make Lauren Sheehan gasp "enough!" and no to the page boy haircut.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    I kind of dug Holly Cook's CPR hand tap preparation she did going into her triple toe loops.

vCash
    Skaters who have a bend in their spread Eagle. If you can't do it without sticking your but out... Don't do it.
    Over the skate tights... Ugly... Uggly
    Skaters who drop their knee to get into their donut spiin.
    Flutzes.. Learn the dang jump!
    Mao's choker costumes. She is a lovely, lithe person. Those costumes devour her.
    Yu-Na's non pointed toes.
    Carmen programs
    Wrapped leg in jumps.
    And, pairs who can't land their jumps..... Although I am thinking we see less of that.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Speaking of pairs . . . Kirsten Moore-Towers's butt-up position in one of their death spirals, I think in the LP. Painful to the eyes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast