Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Good news for Australia's Brooklee Han!

Australian skater loses Olympic appeal: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8773983

Interview published November 4, 2013: Australia's Han plans to savor Sochi experience
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-19-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Good luck to Brooklee Han in Sochi!

vCash
    So glad they reached a decision this soon! Congrats to Brooklee, she can relax and enjoy the holidays now. :-)

vCash
    wheeeeee. it's brooklee, not kerry, that deserves to go to the olympics

vCash
    Excellent news!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Woooohooooooo,, Im happy Broklee's olympic dream didnt get crushed by others ...

vCash
    She must feel so relieved now! Congrats Brooklee

vCash
    May Brooklee have a more enjoyable holiday now!

vCash
    Awesome news! I'm glad that others did not succeed in ruining Han's Olympic dream which she alone earned. Now she can get ready for Sochi and enjoy the Holidays! Congrats Brooklee - well deserved! Enjoy the Olympic experience!
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    So glad they reached a decision this soon! Congrats to Brooklee, she can relax and enjoy the holidays now. :-)
    Exactly; very glad this was decided early enough to give Brooklee plenty of time to get ready for Sochi. Here's to her Olympic trip & hoping for two good skates while she's there

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Congrats! She earned it with her improved skating!

vCash
    Congratulations, Brooklee -- best of luck in Sochi!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Banned Member
    vCash
    This is good news for Brooklee, and if the Kerry family wants both of their kids to be Olympians, they better spend a lot more time developing Chantelle and hoping Brooklee will score high enough at Worlds to earn Australia two spots in the future.

Otherwise, Chantelle should shut. up. and. skate.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Congratulations to Brooklee.

Now that all of the legal mummery is over, and no longer a matter of rumor but of record, can someone explain to me, briefly, what the basis of Chantelle's challenge was? Was it strictly a matter of technicality, or was there an argument on the basis of equity (i.e. fairness)?

I personally do not intend to be overlong examining things in minute detail, but I would like to understand what the yelling and screaming was all about in the first place.

vCash
    This is great news!

O-

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    Congratulations to Brooklee.

Now that all of the legal mummery is over, and no longer a matter of rumor but of record, can someone explain to me, briefly, what the basis of Chantelle's challenge was? Was it strictly a matter of technicality, or was there an argument on the basis of equity (i.e. fairness)?

I personally do not intend to be overlong examining things in minute detail, but I would like to understand what the yelling and screaming was all about in the first place.
    Why do we need to rehash in this thread? Everything that is known publicly is posted in the original thread, starting with post #1. Feel free to ask any questions there (ETA: though I doubt we will find out any official details unless a summary of the CAS hearing is made public).

I titled this new thread the way I did because I did not want to encourage additional negativity towards Chantelle Kerry and wanted to focus on Brooklee Han's success.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-19-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Great news!

Brooklee's also written a blog for Australia's Olympic site (completely unrelated): http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/blo...rooklee-s-blog (it still lists her as "hopeful" rather than "selected".)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks, Angelskates! Brooklee's latest blog was published on Dec. 18th (titled "Back to School") and is also linked at the end of this local Connecticut article: Report: Redding Figure Skater Will Go To Olympics For Australia
    Han was unavailable for comment. Han won the Australian national championship earlier this month. Kerry did not compete due to illness.

Han, who lives in Redding, is Australian because her father was born in that country.

Last week, Han returned to Joel Barlow High School to visit with teacher and students. She talked about her whirlwind senior year at Barlow, when she juggled standardized testing exams, college applications and school work while also training and competing in international skating events. Han was accepted at Wesleyan University but is taking a deferment to focus on figure skating.

vCash
    I am glad for her, good luck in Sochi!
    improving my ballad- like lines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast