Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    405
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Two of my fave Adam programs:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdP5oHCjAbk

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTw8A79EKQ

    On a completely shallow note, Adam has to be one of the physically most beautiful people in the world. Seriously, when it comes to the genetic lottery, that kid just hit the jackpot.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    678
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I developed a liking for his skating after I would watch him train at the DSC. I watch some skaters pace around the rink only trying a few jumps but Adam works his ASS off in every session I have seen. His mother is a sweetheart and really pretty... yes that was useless info LOL.

    I hope he makes the team over Abbott. I respect his decision to work with Rafael. I mean think about how tough it is to have that tough conversation with yourself late in your career with limited time until the biggest moment of your life. The guy realized that the Yuka/ Jason arrangement was not working and went to a super tough coach. I can tell that Rafael respects Adam and it seems like Adam has such a thirst for knowledge and dedication to improvement that it probably draws more out of Rafael during their sessions. Anyway, I wish him the best.

    Sticking with that Michael Siebert choreography that was SO opposite to Adam's natural fluid movement deserves applause. I watched them work on that program here so i can appreciate how HARD that was. Adam's the real deal!

  3. #23
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30259
    [QUOTE=arakwafan2006;4081861]I developed a liking for his skating after I would watch him train at the DSC. I watch some skaters pace around the rink only trying a few jumps but Adam works his ASS off in every session I have seen. His mother is a sweetheart and really pretty... yes that was useless info LOL.

    I hope he makes the team over Abbott. I respect his decision to work with Rafael. I mean think about how tough it is to have that tough conversation with yourself late in your career with limited time until the biggest moment of your life. The guy realized that the Yuka/ Jason arrangement was not working and went to a super tough coach. I can tell that Rafael respects Adam and it seems like Adam has such a thirst for knowledge and dedication to improvement that it probably draws more out of Rafael during their sessions. Anyway, I wish him the best.



    Sticking with that Michael Siebert choreography that was SO opposite to Adam's natural fluid movement deserves applause. I watched them work on that program here so i can appreciate how HARD that was. Adam's the real deal![/QUOTE]

    Yes, he is. And his mom is a sweetheart.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sending positive thoughts to Mirai..
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    Two of my fave Adam programs:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdP5oHCjAbk

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTw8A79EKQ

    On a completely shallow note, Adam has to be one of the physically most beautiful people in the world. Seriously, when it comes to the genetic lottery, that kid just hit the jackpot.
    Every time I look at Adam I keep hoping he gets offered a role in some movie based on ancient Greece, perhaps as a blonde Greek god Adonis, or perhaps in a film bio on Botticeli - he could play/pose as one of the Master's beauties or even as the Master himself!...

    Okay, I better stop there. Good thing Adam is of age because I'm feeling very cougarish all of a sudden!

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Reeling around the sun
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,270
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3215
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Every time I look at Adam I keep hoping he gets offered a role in some movie based on ancient Greece, perhaps as a blonde Greek god Adonis, or perhaps in a film bio on Botticeli - he could play/pose as one of the Master's beauties or even as the Master himself!...

    Okay, I better stop there. Good thing Adam is of age because I'm feeling very cougarish all of a sudden!
    You and me both luv
    I'm a decorative painter and every now and then get to paint an antique style fresco or a classical scene on walls or ceilings and one of these days I'm totally going to model a character on him!
    Touching the void.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    405
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    You and me both luv
    I'm a decorative painter and every now and then get to paint an antique style fresco or a classical scene on walls or ceilings and one of these days I'm totally going to model a character on him!
    You should! If I knew how to paint (used to take drawing classes waay back in the day, but never made it to painting), I would probably have a thousand paintings of Adam right now. I mean--the eyes, the lips, the curls, the bone structure, the flawless skin (my inner spotty 13-year-old is very jealous of Adam's flawless complexion)--that kind of beauty is just begging to be immortalized in art. Like I posted upthread, Adam won the genetic jackpot. And on top of that, the ability to skate like an angel? He would be utterly obnoxious if he didn't come across as so sweet and endearing.

    It's funny to compare Adam to Charlie White, looks-wise. They've both got the blond curls going on, they both have great faces. But Charlie comes across as the all-American good-looking guy next door. Adam looks like he should be painted on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    584
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am Canadian, but a great fan of Adam. I love his fluid grace. Reminds me somewhat of Toller Cranston in his younger days. Would love to see him at Olys in top five.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sending positive thoughts to Mirai..
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I am Canadian, but a great fan of Adam. I love his fluid grace. Reminds me somewhat of Toller Cranston in his younger days. Would love to see him at Olys in top five.
    That's okay - beauty can be appreciated across the borders!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    You and me both luv
    I'm a decorative painter and every now and then get to paint an antique style fresco or a classical scene on walls or ceilings and one of these days I'm totally going to model a character on him!
    Please do share when you get to painting a mural of Adam!

    I would have loved him to play the role of Finnick in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". He is who I pictured when I read the description of Finnick in the book.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    482
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I would have loved him to play the role of Finnick in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". He is who I pictured when I read the description of Finnick in the book.
    It took me the longest time to figure out that Adam was who I pictured for Finnick!! It's a perfect match

  10. #30

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,461
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39533
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sending positive thoughts to Mirai..
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    It took me the longest time to figure out that Adam was who I pictured for Finnick!! It's a perfect match
    Maybe Adam could do a 'Catching Fire' exhibition in the role of Finnick - trident and skimpy fish-net and seaweed clothes and all.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sending positive thoughts to Mirai..
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks again Sylvia! You always find these treasures!

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Driving the Han Yan Fan Van
    Posts
    9,147
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32295
    Really jealous right now seeing him strolling on the beach, sunny weather, palm trees. . .
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Back in the Finnish forests
    Posts
    4,959
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    28515
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    WOW! Mr. Finnice, who often dislikes figure skating, because the skaters can´t interpret the music, was so impressed with that.
    Moi, I am in tears. Adam... well, first to the Olympics. Then...

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,414
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38295
    From your thoughts to the Skategods, Finnice.
    I've often wept while watching this performance.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,287
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Go AdaRipp! Get your boogie on at U.S. Nationals!!!

    I wish you a wonderful balance between attack and inner calm. You can do it!

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,315
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love him more and more every competition.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    710
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44
    Watching this, I remember why I love figure skating so much

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    619
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    In his career he proved to be a strong competitor, so in this sense I wish him to skate his best in the FS! Good luck!

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by care bear View Post
    In his career he proved to be a strong competitor, so in this sense I wish him to skate his best in the FS! Good luck!
    Is he going to retire after nationals?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •