Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

NBCSN in U.S. to broadcast live Olympic figure skating starting on Feb. 8, 2014

If you get this channel in the U.S., you're in luck: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/20...pics-coverage/
    FIGURE SKATING

NBCSN’s complete live figure skating coverage begins Saturday, February 8 at 9:30 a.m. ET with the team event, which makes its Olympic debut in Sochi. The event will be featured prominently in NBCSN’s first weekend of coverage and pits countries against each other in every figure skating discipline. Each team includes six skaters: one male, one female, one pair and one ice dance couple.

Following coverage of the team event, NBCSN will show every performance and every skater of the pairs, men’s, ice dancing and ladies competitions. Reigning ice dancing world champions and 2010 Olympic silver medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White are expected to compete for Team USA in Sochi in the team event as well as ice dancing.

Following is a breakdown of NBCSN’s figure skating coverage:

Date Time (ET) Event/Program
    Sat., Feb. 8 9:30 a.m. Team Event: Ice Dancing Short, Ladies’ Short, Pairs’ Free
    Sun., Feb. 9 10 a.m. Team Event: Men’s Free, Ice Dancing Free, Ladies’ Free
    Tues., Feb. 11 10 a.m. Pairs Short
    Wed., Feb. 12 10:45 a.m. Pairs Free
    Thurs., Feb. 13 10 a.m. Men’s Short
    Fri., Feb. 14 10 a.m. Men’s Free
    Sun., Feb. 16 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Short
    Mon., Feb. 17 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Free
    Wed., Feb. 19 10 a.m. Ladies’ Short
    Thurs., Feb. 20 10 a.m. Ladies’ Free
    With more Winter Olympic events than ever before, competition for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, will begin one day prior to the Opening Ceremony. As a result, NBC will begin its primetime coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Thursday, February 6, one night before the broadcast network provides its traditional coverage of the Opening Ceremony on Friday February 7. This marks the first time NBC will air Olympic primetime coverage before the Opening Ceremony. The primetime broadcast on Thursday, February 6, 2014, is scheduled to include competition in snowboard slopestyle (men’s and women’s), in which two-time gold medalist Shaun White is expected to compete in slopestyle’s Olympic debut; team figure skating, which is also in the Olympics for the first time; and women’s freestyle moguls.
    NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans. Now in approximately 80 million homes, ...
    ETA: http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...s-tv-coverage/
    It was previously announced that NBCOlympics.com will live stream all competition from Sochi in addition to TV coverage on NBC, NBCSN, USA, CNBC and MSNBC.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-17-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Anyone who has that channel and is interested in doing some trades for Canadian coverage, please PM me!

vCash
    I get that channel, so I am thrilled, but I don't know how to make trades.

vCash
    Wow! I'm thrilled about this!

I'll have to make arrangements to work from home for those two weeks. Thanks NBC!

vCash
    Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I've never even heard of that channel - we just switched to AT&T here's crossing fingers it's a part of our package. We're already out of luck with Universal Sports.

eta: Just checked - we have it! Wheee!
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 12-17-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Are there some special requirements to watch it on NBColympics.com for US-based viewers? I couldn't find anything on the website that explained whether or not a subscription was needed.

vCash
    Whee, finally a channel I get! Though I'm assuming that the live performances shown will only be those that aren't scheduled for NBC's prime time broadcast.

vCash
    For Directv customers this is channel 220.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Hooray!
    I have this channel also.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Are there some special requirements to watch it on NBColympics.com for US-based viewers? I couldn't find anything on the website that explained whether or not a subscription was needed.
    http://www.multichannel.com/distribu...s-sochi/147228
    NBC Olympics executives said the 1,000 hours of streaming content will be accessible to the nation’s more than 100 million cable, satellite and telco subscribers. The site will also feature exclusive content, real-time results, medal standings, event highlights and analysis, athlete interviews and profiles, and rewinds of all event coverage. In addition, by verifying their subscriptions on NBCOlympics.com, multichannel customers will have online access to coverage of the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.

The vast majority of live streaming will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite or telco customers, underlining NBCUniversal’s commitment to “TV Everywhere.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Whee, finally a channel I get! Though I'm assuming that the live performances shown will only be those that aren't scheduled for NBC's prime time broadcast.
    That's not what the press release says.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    For Directv customers this is channel 220.
    NBCSC is included in the ChoiceExtra package (220 channels) and higher. Unlike Universal Sports, you don't need to buy the Sports pack to get this one.

vCash
    The only disappointment for me is that only the team events are on weekends. All others are during the week, which means I will need to set my DVR everyday, then watch the programs in the evening, at the cost of regular NBC coverage, or stay up all night (after the NBC regular coverage of the Olympics ends) for the entire 2 weeks or so.

vCash
    Yay! Finally skating coverage on a channel that I actually have on my cable lineup! Thanks for posting this news Sylvia!

vCash
    Of course naturally my cable company doesn't carry that channel. I can only hope i can watch the figure skating live on nbc.com like i did the Summer Olympics in London.

vCash
    Here's another article via Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 54m
    Figure skating will air live on TV in the U.S. during Sochi Olympics: http://apne.ws/1jeRlGa

vCash
    I think I may get it but trying to figure that out is confusing to me... The NBCSports Network channel I get doesn't seem to match the schedule I see on their website... Wonder what I am getting (anyone else got UVerse?)

vCash
    I believe that it is channel 640 on Uverse. Channel 1640 is the premium HD channel and is $10 a month if you want to subscribe. I might be adding that just for the Games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    That's not what the press release says.
    Well, given that this is NBC, the network of "plausibly live" Oly coverage, you can't blame me for being skeptical. But I'm hoping it's true! If so, I might have to take a few extra days off work (was already planning to take the day of the FD).

vCash
    It's a great idea to use some vacation hours when my favorite events are on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I believe that it is channel 640 on Uverse. Channel 1640 is the premium HD channel and is $10 a month if you want to subscribe. I might be adding that just for the Games.
    I have both 640 and 1640 so hopefully this is it!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast