vCash

"Little Couple" Jennifer Arnold Battling Rare Cancer

Neonatologist pediatrician Jennifer Arnold, half of TLC's "The Little Couple", was stricken with choriocarcinoma after traveling to India to adopt the couple's second child. She started to bleed while on the trip and the bleeding wouldn't stop, and she had to return to the US while her husband Bill proceeded with the adoption. It was discovered that Jen had become pregnant (something that it was thought couldn't happen) and miscarried, but the placenta turned malignant. This type of malignancy usually responds well to chemotherapy, but Jen's cancer was resistant and spread to her lungs, requiring life-threatening surgery in a person as small as Jen. She survived the surgery and is now undergoing intensive chemotherapy. The prognosis is good, but it is hard on a person as tiny as she is.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Damn. I'd heard something serious was going on w/her, but didn't know what, until now. I don't watch their show, but the odd interview I've seen w/them, they come across as pretty incredible people.

Will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

vCash
    I've always found her more likable than the Roloffs. So sad. Wishing her the best.

vCash
    Heard about that from my mom, who's a fan of the show. So sad. Will be praying for her.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I don't know who she is, but it is sad.

vCash
    Oh no, they seem like such lovely people

vCash
    http://www.today.com/entertainment/l...oss-2D11723685

Dr, Arnold is an amazing woman.
    She will be in my prayers.

vCash
    I was astounded to read this in People. At some point, the article says, after the cancer diagnosis Jen had a moment of "Really?" As in Really? Me? I didn't have enough to work on.

They are an adorable couple. And they have done a lot to show the world the limits of their maladies.....and more importantly the limitlessness of their love, desire to overcome, and share their stories.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    That is so horrible. I am glad to hear the prognosis is good. I watch their show occasionally and they seem like such likable people. I was so happy to see them preparing for the adoption of their children. It must have been so hard for her to have to leave India. I hope she makes it through the chemo and can get into and remain in remission.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I've only seen clips of the show, but I have to admire how much she's overcome to achieve her career and she seems to have a great attitude. I wish her the best of luck overcoming this challenge too.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Sorry to hear this. I have a question. TLC in Canada recently showed "enhanced" versions of the shows where they went to China to adopt Will. Part of the enhancement was supposedly the viewer tweets with added tweets and responses from Jen. Where those broadcast much earlier in Canada, or was Jen actually up to doing that recently?

vCash
    Such a sweet, kind, little lady.
    My best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery.

vCash
    I've always watched this show because Jen Arnold is such a ray of sunshine she can always make me smile. She has a positive outlook on life despite all the struggles she's had. I think that is what will carry her through this latest battle. I pray for her every day.