Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's a nice program and I like the ending. Her presentation looks improved as well, her shoulders are still up by her ears 95% of the time during the program and I wish she had a bit more knee bend but overall I think this is an improvement on the last program. One question though, can Gracie do a donut spin? I would think she'd be capable of one as she's fairly flexible and if she can do one I think she should put it in as her catchfoot camel spin at present is IMO is not very aesthetically pleasing, it's a fast and well centered spin but the positions in it are just kind of ugly right now. Jumps looked smaller yes but also more controlled which I think is a good thing.

vCash
    It's generic but I do like it.

vCash
    I really love it.

vCash
    Yes. She and FC seem to gel rather well. One thing making me nervous is that her jumps seem to have diminished in height and power. I hope that is a temporary thing, meaning once she has the overall package created, she can focus on big, powerful jumps because I like nothing more than a lady w/ jaw-dropping jumps a la Midori and Tonya.

vCash
    I see several comments about the size of Gracie's jumps in this new short. Please remember that this video was of the program on "small" ice compared to what is customary for eligibles. The total ice surface for that show is not the size of a hockey rink so slowing down and trying to fit things in the space is challenging and I'm confident that's what she was doing. Watch it again with that in mind and I think you'll see what I mean. The program was designed for a larger ice surface and is still a very new program (ergo, harder to adjust to the space than a program the skater knows well) - you can see that her need to retake the combo was because she was running out of room to do it and hesitated, therefore blowing the jump. I wouldn't worry about Gracie's jumps at all. On eligible ice and with some more hours with this program under her belt this is a good one.

Overall, this is a step in a great direction (although I agree with pinky's "shoulders around ears" comment) and a clear signal that she and Frank are working well together - that makes me happy!
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-14-2013 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I'm surprised at some of the high praises for the first unveiling of Gracie's new SP. Right now it looks generic to me, and her jumps look small. I like the placement of the lay-back and the music is easier on the ears, but I still put Ashley's SP above this. Maybe it'll look better by Nationals if she can at put in more speed and some oomps into her jumps.
    I felt the same on first viewing. But as it's a first outing in an exhibition environment I'm thinking it will be something truly special if she hits in a competitive format like Nationals.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    I hope Lori made some changes to her LP.

vCash
    I'm glad to see Gracie getting the world class coaching and choreographer that she needed. Alex did a great job teaching her the basics but she needed someone better to take her skating to another level. I think Gracie just waited to long to change coaches though not having a coach when the season started has had her playing catch up all season.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    I hope Lori made some changes to her LP.
    Me too.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Me too.
    Me three!

vCash
    With this program, Gracie Gold has gone from K-Mart to Tiffany's. I hope that she continues on this elegant path. Now I can say that Ashley *does* have serious competition for the Nationals senior Ladies - and I mean LADIES -- crown.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Lovely new program, I don't know how she managed on such a small rink. Her costume is beautiful, too!

vCash
    This program is very pleasant, but I wonder if she will score better with it than the first one.

vCash
    I don't get why they changed the SP. The first SP was different and quirky. It suited Gracie's style and it stood out form a lot of SPs this season. Plus, she scored well with it on the GPS. *sigh*

This SP is pretty but it also standard Nichol material. I feel like her team is trying to suppress Gracie's athleticism and power instead of having her own it. Have Gracie take a page from Debbie Thomas' and Midori Ito's book. Not every top American Ladies skater should be the next Michelle Kwan (as much as I love her).
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Reminds me of Freakin' Liashenko and Ryan Jahnke.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    I don't get why they changed the SP. The first SP was different and quirky. It suited Gracie's style and it stood out form a lot of SPs this season. Plus, she scored well with it on the GPS. *sigh*

This SP is pretty but it also standard Nichol material. I feel like her team is trying to suppress Gracie's athleticism and power instead of having her own it. Have Gracie take a page from Debbie Thomas' and Midori Ito's book. Not every top American Ladies skater should be the next Michelle Kwan (as much as I love her).
    Replacing "should" with "could".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post

ITA. I wish they could have changed the LP which is "snoozeville" and totally uninspired. The only thing I would have changed about the SP was it should have been a piano version

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    With this program, Gracie Gold has gone from K-Mart to Tiffany's. I hope that she continues on this elegant path. Now I can say that Ashley *does* have serious competition for the Nationals senior Ladies - and I mean LADIES -- crown.
    I don't see why something that is not necessarily 'elegant' or balletic should be considered 'K-Mart'. I've seen many out-there, non-traditional programs over the years that were stunning, memorable and every bit as top drawer as 'Tiffany's' - or beyond for that matter.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I don't see why something that is not necessarily 'elegant' or balletic should be considered 'K-Mart'. I've seen many out-there, non-traditional programs over the years that were stunning, memorable and every bit as top drawer as 'Tiffany's' - or beyond for that matter.
    I agree, but attitudes like that are why skaters like Gracie keep trying to skate to ballets and "soften" their skating. I hope they at least try to rework that freeskate, it doesn't suit her style at all.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    This program felt a lot more calm and less frantic than the Gershwin, and I liked it a lot.

I think Gracie's on the right track with her career if she continues to stay with Frank

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast