Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    As mentioned in the previous thread (nothing was wrong with it, btw), it'a gorgeous program and Gracie skates it beautifully.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    All that matters in the short is the jumps, so opinions on artistry etc. aren't very relevant.....
    There is a lot more judged in the short program than the jumps.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    All I can say is - Holy Spumoni----Franc Carroll knows his stuff.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Yah, that jump combination wasn't clean, and that was with the retake..........
    No, the video begins with the program as originally skated including the combo error, then the retake with a clean combo comes afterward.

vCash
    I like it! Definitely more calm. Some lovely movements....taking her time. Season getting more exciting

vCash
    I enjoyed her new program. She looked much more controlled, especially her arms and upper body. She movements looked intentional, not like she was flailing, not manic, as in her previous SP. Itwas nice to see. It's something to grow on for Nationals and into Worlds. Good for her.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Gorgeous program, and she skates it beautifully!

vCash
    I quite like this. As to the jump combo, she's skating on a small rink with stage lighting - could well have effected timing, etc. I'm really encouraged by this for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giselle23 View Post
    Maybe Josiane makes Carly's dresses, too--?
    Most likely she does but someone mentioned in another thread that Gracie borrowed (or might have borrowed) the dress from Carly. Pics were posted too from one of Carly's competitions.

I like Gracie's new SP but again I was in the minority with her original SP - I liked it and didn't have a problem with the music. The international judges liked it too what with the PCS scores they were giving Gracie. Hopefully this one will do just as well or even better.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I loathed the original SP and especially the music. Frank has exquisite taste. This one is an Olympic caliber gem.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I love it!!!!

Then again I'm HUGELY biased toward programs that feature piano concertos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I loathed the original SP and especially the music. Frank has exquisite taste. This one is an Olympic caliber gem.
    Actually, I think this is more Nichol and her music editor, Lenore Kay, working their magic.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    All that matters in the short is the jumps, so opinions on artistry etc. aren't very relevant.....
    Do you even know how the scoring system works?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    Actually, I think this is more Nichol and her music editor, Lenore Kay, working their magic.
    But it was Mr. Carroll who nixed the Gershwin and put Gracie in the right hands.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    I tend to agree. A great choreographer can make a big difference. Simon and Marissa looked like a seasoned pair and so hip and crisp because of brilliant choreography. I was at the show at the Izod Center and thought Gracie's new program was a big improvement. I felt badly that she kept asking to repeat her 3/3 jump in the redo for TV. She seemed to skate with a lot of worry. Also liked her costume but wish she would soften the dark lipstick. No matter, She is very beautiful nonetheless.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The choreography is indeed brilliant and beautiful and the music is cut masterfully. Gracie comes up to the challenge.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I think a lot of Lori's recent work has been very hit-or-miss, but this program is a gem. She and Gracie seem to work well together, as I notice huge improvements in the way Gracie is holding her head, hands and even positioning her fingers. These are little things, but they add up to a much improved aesthetic on the ice!

vCash
    I'm surprised at some of the high praises for the first unveiling of Gracie's new SP. Right now it looks generic to me, and her jumps look small. I like the placement of the lay-back and the music is easier on the ears, but I still put Ashley's SP above this. Maybe it'll look better by Nationals if she can at put in more speed and some oomps into her jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I'm surprised at some of the high praises for the first unveiling of Gracie's new SP. Right now it looks generic to me, and her jumps look small. I like the placement of the lay-back and the music is easier on the ears, but I still put Ashley's SP above this. Maybe it'll look better by Nationals if she can at put in more speed and some oomps into her jumps.
    I agree.

As I said in the other thread, I actually thought her former SP was a bit more cohesive.

It's a pretty program, but pretty generic. I think it would work better as a free skate.

I'm sure with a few more performances (and a larger rink), it'll be more impressive.

I'd love to see a little more footwork into the 3Lo, as well.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    I love it. It has a World Pro quality to it, where the ladies had both thoughtful and elegant presentation. I know she will do very well with this.

But I loved her former short program as well.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast