Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    As expected, Team Canada defends their Scotties title with a dominant performance all week. Homan literally never had to throw her last rock all week. That's virtually unheard of in an event and a testament to just how good these girls are. When they're on, they're the best team in the world. Val Sweeting should be proud of what her team did this week, they'll be back, they just came up against a juggernaut who was not to be denied.

I thoroughly expect Team Canada to be the favorites at worlds this year.
    It depends who goes to Worlds. Sweden and Scotland best teams would be favored over Homan. Now if it were Canada's best team Jennifer Jones going to Worlds it would be a different story. Homan is good, but not favored over the best Europeans the way the great Jones is. It is a shame the silly format means Canada cant send the Worlds best team to Worlds.

vCash
    What is all this hate for JJ.

vCash
    Congrats to JENNIFER JONES, the best curling team the sport has seen.

vCash
    Well deserved gold for the Jones rink. They are a great team.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    First women's rink to go undefeated at the Olympics -- that's no small feat. Congrats to the whole team for a well-deserved win.

vCash
    Congrats to the Jones rink. I've not been fan, but this is what they wanted and they delivered it. Good for them. Proud of them.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

vCash
    Homan will be the favorite heading to worlds. Scotland is not sending Muirhead and Sweden hasn't confirmed yet who is going to be competing for them. Sigfriddson may want a break after the Olympics, Switzerland hasn't yet said who is going either though I suspect it won't be Ott. Homan knows what to expect this time. She's at home so the ice and the stones will favor her. I'd be shocked if she wasn't at least isn't in the final.
    Kyle

vCash
    Homan & team are on their way to becoming one of the "greats". They are young, but gaining valuable experience each year. Their performances at Scotties this year and last were impressive. Her main rival is Jones, and she won't be around for much longer I think. I'm banking on Rachel et al. to win Worlds this year as long as she doesn't make any stupid mistakes like she did last year.

BTW: JJ and her team were awsome at Sochi, and I'm thrilled they won the Gold medal.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    So why no cheers for the men's team? Congrats Brad, Ryan, EJ and Ryan - exceptionally well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    So why no cheers for the men's team? Congrats Brad, Ryan, EJ and Ryan - exceptionally well done.
    Huge cheers for the Men's team. They are my favs for a couple of years now, and I am beyond thrilled at their monumental achievement this year. I'm sure I'll be cheering them on for many more years to come, not just because they are Canadian but because they are totally awesome curlers.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    So Brier starts today - televised match ups BC v AB draw 1 and NL v MD draw 2 - pretty key match ups right off the hop.

vCash
    I'm actually hoping Morris and BC win it all, there's just something about this team I really like. That being said any one of about five or six teams. I plan on watching as much as I can but after our double gold at the Olympics, it's all a bit anti-climatic for me.
    Kyle

vCash
    Yes, true......quite anticlimactic for sure after the O.G.'s and gold medals there......................but it's still curling . I don't mind Johny Mo and B.C. winning, I like Gushue's young team as well. I think they'll both be top 4 at least. My fav.s aren't there, so there's no emotional investment this time, but the Soo boys are getting a well deserved rest right now.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Stoughton has kind of scraped through his first 4 games, not sure if he can keep going like that when he gets to the tough teams.

The NB team seem to have forgotten that you curl first then go to the patch. I think they are doing it the other way around., gauging by the way they are playing.

Who would have thought that PEI would be 2-1 and NL 1-3 at this stage...

vCash
    Yes Stoughton has struggled at least part of every game. What is most surprising to me that every other team has at least one loss just 2-3 games in. This is a very strange year indeed.

vCash
    Yes it's still very wide open thus far I think there isn't any one team that's utterly dominating like we've seen in years past. I think in the case of Gushue, he lost one game due to crappy ice, and the second reason is that he's just not getting the support from the middle of the team that he needs. Gallant has struggled with his draw game since the start of it and while Brad is standing on his head in a lot of cases, he's also struggling with where to put the broom too, I think this will be another year of struggle for him. Frustrating since he's gotten to the Brier 11 times now and come within a game of winning it, but I hope he can somehow put it together. Alberta is blasting their way through as expected, Stoughton is doing alright but isn't convincing me yet either. I still have a soft spot for the home team, I'm hoping they can put together a good playoff run. The guys behind Johnny Mo are three of the nicest in the game so I hope they do finish up strong.
    Kyle

vCash
    I think Gushue's done with 4 games lost....too bad, so now I'm putting my $$$ on B.C. Hopefully they can hold up until the end. What I don't want is Koe or Stoughton to win. It seems all they show on TSN are games featuring those two.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Canadian Junior Ladies are the 2014 Gold medalists. Now I'm gonna go find that game online. WTG ladies
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Congrats to Rocque! I read somewhere she is related to Marcel Rocque - 2nd cousin maybe?

Meanwhile at the Brier, the race for 4th place is a little tighter today. There is one scenario that ends up with a 5 way tie for 4 th place between SK, ON, QU, NB and NL. Can't have a 6 way tie because NL and NT play each other in round 16.

SK beats ON, loses to BC and NB
    ON loses to SK, beats MB & NS
    QU beats NT and NO, loses to AB
    NB beats NS and SK
    NL beats NO and NT

Update - here's the very unlikely scenario for a 7-way tie at 5-6:

NL beats NO, loses to NT
    PE beats AB and NT
    NT beats QU and NL, loses to PE
    QU beats NO, loses to NT and AB
    SK loses to ON, BC, NB
    ON beats SK, loses to MB and NS
    NB beats SK and loses to NS

Last edited by Dave of the North; 03-06-2014 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    After all of that....no tie-breakers at all required due to combination of Menard defeating Koe and Grattan defeating Laycock this morning.

3-4 game: QUE vs. MB
    1-2 game: BC vs. AB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast