vCash

A whole new level of "imaginary girlfriend"

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    That is a lot of effort to keep up with Joneses you don't even care about.

vCash
    I remember reading a story on the Internet about a Chinese woman who married herself. She couldn't find a husband and wanted a big wedding so that's what she did. She was a yuppie-type.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    That is a lot of effort to keep up with Joneses you don't even care about.
    Might explain why there is no real girlfriend!

In Search of a Lost Chord
    The big space where the rest of your childhood forgets as a dream and the harshness of life dims the peaches and cream.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I remember reading a story on the Internet about a Chinese woman who married herself. She couldn't find a husband and wanted a big wedding so that's what she did. She was a yuppie-type.
    The divorce could be interesting, especially if it is based on irreconcilable differences......
    Happiness is being married to your best friend!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    as liz lemon said, if need be, i will marry myself

seems fair that everyone should be able to register for gifts at least once
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Hmm... wonder what happened on her honeymoon night?
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    There is also apparently at least one enterprising soul in Japan who will take your stuffed animal on vacation and shoot photos for you. Of the stuffed animal. In all the exotic locations.

Blergh
    vCash
    His message about being proud to be single seems to be contradicted by the whole pretending to have a girlfriend for photos to share with people. I mean I know he's not tricking people as they know he's taking these types of photos by himself, but surely there are better ways to show you're proud to be single than to take photos portraying yourself in a relationship.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmar View Post
    There is also apparently at least one enterprising soul in Japan who will take your stuffed animal on vacation and shoot photos for you. Of the stuffed animal. In all the exotic locations.
    There's a lady in Vancouver who has had her garden gnome stolen a few times, only to have him returned some days, weeks, months later with pictures of him in various places. She actually looks forward to it now, and is admittedly a bit jealous of all the places the gnome has been.

vCash
    Nyrak, that is super awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrak View Post
    There's a lady in Vancouver who has had her garden gnome stolen a few times, only to have him returned some days, weeks, months later with pictures of him in various places. She actually looks forward to it now, and is admittedly a bit jealous of all the places the gnome has been.
    Sounds like one of that lady's friends is a fan of the movie Amelie.

vCash
    Yes, it is awesome, I've seen it on the news a couple times now, I think most recently Gnome visited various Olympic sites in Vancouver & Whistler, but he's been all over the world too. She claims not to know who's taking it, and doesn't want to....I agree, more fun that way. The first time I guess you're pissed because someone stole your gnome, but he comes home & it turns into a fun adventure, so why not?

vCash
    I saw this documentary once where two guys had life sized dolls for wives. They actually talk to them, take them places like the park, eat meals with them. Yeah, that documentary pretty much scarred me for life.

vCash
    i loveemoticon

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveemoticons View Post
    I saw this documentary once where two guys had life sized dolls for wives. They actually talk to them, take them places like the park, eat meals with them. Yeah, that documentary pretty much scarred me for life.
    I remember that - I saw the whole thing on YouTube. It was called "Love Me, Love My Doll" although I believe the original title was "Guys and Dolls."

Most of the guys were totally skeezy and were completely unable to look at women as people, which is why they wanted a doll they could control (and have sex with whenever they wanted). One younger man was actually very sympathetic and too shy to talk to real life women, so he got a doll instead. But yeah, very very strange....

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Hmm... wonder what happened on her honeymoon night?
    I could make that joke about dipping into the honey pot, but I changed my mind at the last minute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I remember that - I saw the whole thing on YouTube. It was called "Love Me, Love My Doll" although I believe the original title was "Guys and Dolls."

Most of the guys were totally skeezy and were completely unable to look at women as people, which is why they wanted a doll they could control (and have sex with whenever they wanted). One younger man was actually very sympathetic and too shy to talk to real life women, so he got a doll instead. But yeah, very very strange....
    Yes, that was the one! When I first saw this thread, I thought it was about that.