Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1003
  1. #941
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Sooooo..... BACK to Meryl and Charlie.... I looked for the cereal box at Walmart yesterday and all they had were ones with Kristi Y, a snowboarder and a ski jumper. For those who've found the box, are they only on Crispix or are they on any others?
    I think they are only on crispix. I have looked for their box at several different walmarts in the area and have yet to find it there. I finally got lucky when I went to a local grocer and they had it.

  2. #942
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia2013 View Post
    I don't know how the schedules for DWTS and Worlds fit with each other. Is it possible for them to do both?
    I looked up the start date of the show, which is March 17. Worlds starts a week later on March 24. So it would really have to be one or the other.

    I'm torn because on one hand I really want that third title for them, which I think they would easily take if it is true Tessa and Scott are retiring after the Olympics, yet at the same time I completely get it if they wanna do dwts, probably their only chance at something like that. I just wish the schedule would allow for both.

  3. #943
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chipocalypse, Chicago
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I've changed my mind.

    I want to see both Meryl and Charlie on DWTS... Going against each other.

    I don't care who they pair up with.

    As long as they make the semi-finales.

  4. #944

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3147
    The judging panel for World's looks pretty unfavorable for Meryl and Charlie.

    http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net...ships-2014.pdf

  5. #945
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    157
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    According to the press release, M&C are only on Crispix. I don't buy that cereal (rarely eat any kind of breakfast cereal actually), but I'll buy a few boxes next time I'm out if I can find it.

  6. #946
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    939
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just downloaded the 2014 Team USA: Road To Sochi app on my iPad. It's got lots of beautiful pictures and videos of the various athletes. Great way to get acquainted with them and the sport in which they'll be competing in.

    There's a video of Meryl and Charlie giving an interview. I love what Marina said about them. She said that their grace and power is what makes them the best.

  7. #947
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    961
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
    According to the press release, M&C are only on Crispix. I don't buy that cereal (rarely eat any kind of breakfast cereal actually), but I'll buy a few boxes next time I'm out if I can find it.
    Crispix? I thought they would be on Frosted Flakes boxes. In the youtube video for Kelloggs, that's what Charlie was eating for breakfast. He also wore a Tony the Tiger shirt at one point. Cute.

  8. #948
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    I've changed my mind.

    I want to see both Meryl and Charlie on DWTS... Going against each other.

    I don't care who they pair up with.

    As long as they make the semi-finales.


    I can see them both going very far, I mean, come on if Evan Lysacek can make it to the finals on that show...

    And if Meryl is partnered with Derek (PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!) she will almost certainly make it to the end. Derek and his partners always go to the finals it seems.

  9. #949

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    262
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post
    I looked up the start date of the show, which is March 17. Worlds starts a week later on March 24. So it would really have to be one or the other.

    I'm torn because on one hand I really want that third title for them, which I think they would easily take if it is true Tessa and Scott are retiring after the Olympics, yet at the same time I completely get it if they wanna do dwts, probably their only chance at something like that. I just wish the schedule would allow for both.
    They could easily do the 2014 Fall season of DWTS, which starts in late September.

  10. #950
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    174
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    New article on Team USA website- Meryl is quoted near the end of the article saying that them not skating together in some capacity isn't an option for awhile, regardless of when they stop competing. This makes me . I want 'em any way I can get 'em! DWTS would be fascinating. Can't imagine them dancing with other people.

  11. #951
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    News article about figure skating at the Olympics and the author refers to Meryl and Charlie as "marlie"!!!
    http://news.yahoo.com/japan-canada-b...5046--spt.html

  12. #952
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This thread is almost maxed out. Time to start thinking about a title for the next one!! Ideas?

  13. #953

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    getting ready to explore the world
    Posts
    3,009
    vCash
    806
    Rep Power
    11737
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    News article about figure skating at the Olympics and the author refers to Meryl and Charlie as "marlie"!!!
    http://news.yahoo.com/japan-canada-b...5046--spt.html
    I was just impressed that this article got all the names right and in the right disciplines and such. And to even know about "Marlie," well they did some homework.

  14. #954
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by applelady View Post
    New article on Team USA website- Meryl is quoted near the end of the article saying that them not skating together in some capacity isn't an option for awhile, regardless of when they stop competing. This makes me . I want 'em any way I can get 'em! DWTS would be fascinating. Can't imagine them dancing with other people.
    link to the article you referenced http://www.teamusa.org/News/2013/Jan...-Charlie-White

  15. #955
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Qualified video pt.3 "Charlie and Meryl explain Ice Dancing"
    http://www.teamusa.org/Video/2014/01...ing--Episode-3

  16. #956
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    174
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for linking to the article I was talking about semogal; I'm not savvy with that !

  17. #957

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    I found a Crispix box with Meryl and Charlie today!! The first two stores I went to didn't have Crispix, and then the third store (in a different part of the state ) had Crispix but no D/W. But then the fourth store had one lone dented box with D/W's tiny pictures on the front bottom left corner. I was fist pumping in the cereal aisle.

    If you have the store Meijer near you, I think that's your best bet. Not all Crispix boxes have D/W.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 01-25-2014 at 05:36 AM.

  18. #958

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,702
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    I finally found it at a Food Lion here.

  19. #959
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    This thread is almost maxed out. Time to start thinking about a title for the next one!! Ideas?
    I like the idea of using this bit of the article that talks about them not having a ceiling in the new title thread.

    Still Davis said even after performances such as the ones they skated in Boston, they never really see a ceiling, saying, “There’s an endless progression.”
    I think it's very motivational, without being jinxy. Maybe Davis & White: No ceiling in sight? Or something like that.

  20. #960

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,867
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    I like that, it's positive without being jinxsy!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •