Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Sooooo..... BACK to Meryl and Charlie.... I looked for the cereal box at Walmart yesterday and all they had were ones with Kristi Y, a snowboarder and a ski jumper. For those who've found the box, are they only on Crispix or are they on any others?
    I think they are only on crispix. I have looked for their box at several different walmarts in the area and have yet to find it there. I finally got lucky when I went to a local grocer and they had it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia2013 View Post
    I don't know how the schedules for DWTS and Worlds fit with each other. Is it possible for them to do both?
    I looked up the start date of the show, which is March 17. Worlds starts a week later on March 24. So it would really have to be one or the other.

I'm torn because on one hand I really want that third title for them, which I think they would easily take if it is true Tessa and Scott are retiring after the Olympics, yet at the same time I completely get it if they wanna do dwts, probably their only chance at something like that. I just wish the schedule would allow for both.

vCash
    I've changed my mind.

I want to see both Meryl and Charlie on DWTS... Going against each other.

I don't care who they pair up with.

As long as they make the semi-finales.

vCash
    The judging panel for World's looks pretty unfavorable for Meryl and Charlie.

http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net...ships-2014.pdf

vCash
    According to the press release, M&C are only on Crispix. I don't buy that cereal (rarely eat any kind of breakfast cereal actually), but I'll buy a few boxes next time I'm out if I can find it.

vCash
    Just downloaded the 2014 Team USA: Road To Sochi app on my iPad. It's got lots of beautiful pictures and videos of the various athletes. Great way to get acquainted with them and the sport in which they'll be competing in.

There's a video of Meryl and Charlie giving an interview. I love what Marina said about them. She said that their grace and power is what makes them the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
    According to the press release, M&C are only on Crispix. I don't buy that cereal (rarely eat any kind of breakfast cereal actually), but I'll buy a few boxes next time I'm out if I can find it.
    Crispix? I thought they would be on Frosted Flakes boxes. In the youtube video for Kelloggs, that's what Charlie was eating for breakfast. He also wore a Tony the Tiger shirt at one point. Cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    I've changed my mind.

I want to see both Meryl and Charlie on DWTS... Going against each other.

I don't care who they pair up with.

As long as they make the semi-finales.

I can see them both going very far, I mean, come on if Evan Lysacek can make it to the finals on that show...

And if Meryl is partnered with Derek (PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!) she will almost certainly make it to the end. Derek and his partners always go to the finals it seems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post
    I looked up the start date of the show, which is March 17. Worlds starts a week later on March 24. So it would really have to be one or the other.

I'm torn because on one hand I really want that third title for them, which I think they would easily take if it is true Tessa and Scott are retiring after the Olympics, yet at the same time I completely get it if they wanna do dwts, probably their only chance at something like that. I just wish the schedule would allow for both.
    They could easily do the 2014 Fall season of DWTS, which starts in late September.

vCash
    New article on Team USA website- Meryl is quoted near the end of the article saying that them not skating together in some capacity isn't an option for awhile, regardless of when they stop competing. This makes me . I want 'em any way I can get 'em! DWTS would be fascinating. Can't imagine them dancing with other people.

vCash
    News article about figure skating at the Olympics and the author refers to Meryl and Charlie as "marlie"!!!
    http://news.yahoo.com/japan-canada-b...5046--spt.html

vCash
    This thread is almost maxed out. Time to start thinking about a title for the next one!! Ideas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    News article about figure skating at the Olympics and the author refers to Meryl and Charlie as "marlie"!!!
    http://news.yahoo.com/japan-canada-b...5046--spt.html
    I was just impressed that this article got all the names right and in the right disciplines and such. And to even know about "Marlie," well they did some homework.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by applelady View Post
    New article on Team USA website- Meryl is quoted near the end of the article saying that them not skating together in some capacity isn't an option for awhile, regardless of when they stop competing. This makes me . I want 'em any way I can get 'em! DWTS would be fascinating. Can't imagine them dancing with other people.
    link to the article you referenced http://www.teamusa.org/News/2013/Jan...-Charlie-White

vCash
    Qualified video pt.3 "Charlie and Meryl explain Ice Dancing"
    http://www.teamusa.org/Video/2014/01...ing--Episode-3

vCash
    Thanks for linking to the article I was talking about semogal; I'm not savvy with that !

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I found a Crispix box with Meryl and Charlie today!! The first two stores I went to didn't have Crispix, and then the third store (in a different part of the state ) had Crispix but no D/W. But then the fourth store had one lone dented box with D/W's tiny pictures on the front bottom left corner. I was fist pumping in the cereal aisle.

If you have the store Meijer near you, I think that's your best bet. Not all Crispix boxes have D/W.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 01-25-2014 at 05:36 AM.

vCash
    I finally found it at a Food Lion here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    This thread is almost maxed out. Time to start thinking about a title for the next one!! Ideas?
    I like the idea of using this bit of the article that talks about them not having a ceiling in the new title thread.

Still Davis said even after performances such as the ones they skated in Boston, they never really see a ceiling, saying, “There’s an endless progression.”
    I think it's very motivational, without being jinxy. Maybe Davis & White: No ceiling in sight? Or something like that.

vCash
    I like that, it's positive without being jinxsy!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast