Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    “It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    @AlexaAinsworth just tweeted: "Check out this feature I did for the website on Meryl Davis and Charlie White" - 3-minute video: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/dav...ade-road-sochi
    Meryl was quite a good free skater.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Yeah, that makes the $795 peacoat sound reasonably priced.
    I can't say I like any of this apparel, even if it were cheaper...

vCash
    Anyone going to Nats? I'm travelling alone and would love to meet some fellow MC fans
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    I wonder if anyone has actually bought any of that RL apparel. My God...

Edit: Just saw the little clip of MC interview. Why do they always ask about VM in every interview? I know they are rivals and all but still. Last time I check, this was about Meryl and Charlie.
    Last edited by Jiazumi; 12-27-2013 at 01:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Meryl was quite a good free skater.
    So was Charlie. He got all the way up to triple lutzes. In 2006, he finished 9th in Junior men at US Nationals. I think that was the last year he skated singles. Here is his (flawed) SP from Sectionals that season. (Notice the twizzles in the fw seq.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6f3o...eature=related

It really shows how musical and dancy he is.

vCash
    That RL apparel is god awful. Even if I had the extra money for it, I certainly wouldn't spend it on that.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Tweets from Lynn Rutherford after M&C's pre-Nats press conference:

For those who wondered: Davis&White say with so much media around this season, they're not distracted by Virtue&Moir's reality show filming.

More on Davis & White call: "We had one Level 3 at Grand Prix Final, and that's one more than we want," Charlie added.

On their teleconf. @Meryl_Davis & @CharlieaWhite said they are growing their programs by focusing on speed, charisma + higher GOEs.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    I can't wait!! Seems obvious they don't have to do anything more with the programs other than focusing on those three things..
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Anyone going to Nats? I'm travelling alone and would love to meet some fellow MC fans
    Kaffeine,

I will be there! It will be my first nationals! Meryl & Charlie (plus Ashley Wagner and Jason Brown) are a huge reason why I made the decision to attend. I have an all event ticket in the club section, but I'm hoping to move down and snag an even better seat during the dance competition. Hopefully we can meet up. I do know that there are several M&C fans that will be sitting and cheering together in a certain section. Perhaps someone will post that information on here.

vCash
    Sadly I won't be going, but I was fortunate to be able to see them (and Ashley and Jason!) skate live at Skate America

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    We should all try to meet up on the concourse before the FD! There are a few of us in Section 21.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    We should all try to meet up on the concourse before the FD! There are a few of us in Section 21.
    I'm going to the FD, and my tickets are sec. 21, row 9.

I'm taking my mom as a present for her 70th birthday! She has NO IDEA this is what we're going to see! She only knows it's in Boston, and the date. I can't wait to see the look on her face!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    I'm going to the FD, and my tickets are sec. 21, row 9.

I'm taking my mom as a present for her 70th birthday! She has NO IDEA this is what we're going to see! She only knows it's in Boston, and the date. I can't wait to see the look on her face!
    That's so awesome! I'm in row 14. We'll have to make a plan to get everyone together when it gets closer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R.L.Wright View Post
    Kaffeine,

I will be there! It will be my first nationals! Meryl & Charlie (plus Ashley Wagner and Jason Brown) are a huge reason why I made the decision to attend. I have an all event ticket in the club section, but I'm hoping to move down and snag an even better seat during the dance competition. Hopefully we can meet up. I do know that there are several M&C fans that will be sitting and cheering together in a certain section. Perhaps someone will post that information on here.
    I'm up in the Balcony but I'd love to meet up with people as well.

vCash
    Section 3 Disabled area.

vCash
    If anyone has questions about using public transit in Boston, please let me know. I commute into and out of Boston every day, and I'm pretty familiar with the major transit lines that go through the North Station.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    If anyone has questions about using public transit in Boston, please let me know. I commute into and out of Boston every day, and I'm pretty familiar with the major transit lines that go through the North Station.
    Awesome! I might be bugging you soon about that. I figure to take the subway to my hotel from the airport since there is a station literally right by it.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Awesome! I might be bugging you soon about that. I figure to take the subway to my hotel from the airport since there is a station literally right by it.
    If you'll have a large suitcase, make sure to find out if there's an escalator in your destination station (and any stations where you might need to transfer). I took the T from the airport to hotels a couple of times and had to drag my suitcase up and down stairs in some of the stations. Since then I've taken a taxi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    If you'll have a large suitcase, make sure to find out if there's an escalator in your destination station (and any stations where you might need to transfer). I took the T from the airport to hotels a couple of times and had to drag my suitcase up and down stairs in some of the stations. Since then I've taken a taxi.
    Wow, I mean it wouldn't stop me from taking public transportation over an expensive cab, but I can't imagine a station without an elevator. I'm from the west coast and every transit station has been designed to be wheelchair accessible. It might even be a law in CA or OR, it's so regular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Wow, I mean it wouldn't stop me from taking public transportation over an expensive cab, but I can't imagine a station without an elevator. I'm from the west coast and every transit station has been designed to be wheelchair accessible. It might even be a law in CA or OR, it's so regular.
    I am curious about that. There has to be some sort of elevator or escalator to fulfill ADA requirements. If I have to haul my suitcase up a flight or two of stairs, I can manage. I had some practice with that while in NYC

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Not every subway station in Boston is wheelchair accessible, but most are. You can check here: http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 12-29-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast