Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Love this picture!
    http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...2214-DW-RR.jpg

Meryl and Charlie are SO inelegant and their frame is clearly terrible .

vCash
    So excited! So far, from what I've read, their practices have been going well
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    So excited! So far, from what I've read, their practices have been going well
    I'm encouraged by those reports, as well as by the photos where MC are glowing with happiness and confidence (and looking technically very sharp as well). Fingers crossed! At this point, my butterflies have butterflies. :0

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Love this picture!

Beautiful. Looks like they're "close together" and in a "dance hold" to me.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Rosie DiIdiot must be hanging out with Rob Ford lately.

vCash
    Love this picture!

Since this isn't clear enough by the "lol" smiley, this statement was not meant to be literal. It's a play on one of their more unfair criticisms. I do actually love how great they look in this picture. I don't want anyone else to be offended.

Maybe the eye roll smiley would have been a better choice.

vCash
    I'm not offended and it's a good picture
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Rosie DiIdiot must be hanging out with Rob Ford lately.
    That whole article is one big

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    I'm not offended and it's a good picture
    Yay! Thanks.

I actually peaked in the V/M thread, why do I do that, and someone tried to use the exact same picture as an example of their unmatching lines . They couldn't be more matching, in parallel, if you held rulers up to their legs. It makes you wonder what exactly do other people see in their minds...

vCash
    The folks in the V/M thread never fail to entertain... I'm actually impressed they haven't got tired of the constant analyzing of Meryl and Charlie's photos yet.
    But I actually feel bad for Tessa and Scott. To me it sometimes seems like there is a Davis&White positive thread and a Davis&White negative thread instead of a V/M one.

vCash
    I actually peaked in the V/M thread, why do I do that, and someone tried to use the exact same picture as an example of their unmatching lines . They couldn't be more matching, in parallel, if you held rulers up to their legs. It makes you wonder what exactly do other people see in their minds...
    I think it's about the feet, not the legs themselves. I guess in many Tessa and Scott fans opinions they should also be matched and pointed. I am not quite so nitpicky, but I too see where there could be improvement.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I think it's about the feet, not the legs themselves.
    The points of their feet are not supposed to match in that dance hold, Meryl is facing Charlie sideways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    The points of their feet are not supposed to match in that dance hold.
    Perhaps not, but I am only saying how some Tessa and Scott fans could view this. What I think is that overall it doesn't look quite as elegant as it could. But I also think that this is the wrong picture with which to demonstrate their "unmatching" legs and "lack" of toe point.

vCash
    Laura, I have to give it to you that you defended Meryl and Charlie's leg lines in there, thanks.
    However, what I can't get over is that some people in there do not feel the evil criticism towards Meryl and Charlie's looks is the bad thing about the article. They say the bad thing is that Meryl and Charlie are shown as the technically more proficient, whereas Tessa and Scott only have the looks.

To be frank, I don't get any of these. Both teams are technically great and the fact that D/W have been doing better so far does not mean V/M won't bounce back. Similarly, I think both teams are attractive and easy on the eyes. In all honesty I think the least attractive person of the four is Scott, but it still shouldn't matter.

vCash
    In that same gallery there are pictures of Tessa and Scott not looking very elegant, but I didn't post about them...why? They're still pictures and I understand that a beautiful movement can look awkward in a photo. Also, adorable Meryl and Charlie photos take precedent.

I think it's great you spoke up. I peak in there because I do like V/M and you guys link all the pictures and videos. I enjoyed watching the CSOI stuff, but I can't be in there because more than two pages can't go by without comments like the one just made. I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Jessiebanana; 12-06-2013 at 02:47 AM.

vCash
    In that same gallery there are pictures of Tessa and Scott not looking very elegant,
    I was going to say that, too! There's a photo in which Tessa's foot is SO turned in. But they're photos, they're capturing one milisecond. A second later, Meryl's foot could have been pointed, a second earlier, Tessa's foot could still have been turned out. It's ridiculous to judge anything from a photo especially one taken of a moving person.

The only thing I'm bothered with in that photo of Meryl and Charlie is that Meryl is so obviously looking to the floor and it's been drilled to me ever since I was four that you shouldn't look on the floor while dancing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    I was going to say that, too! There's a photo in which Tessa's foot is SO turned in. But they're photos, they're capturing one milisecond. A second later, Meryl's foot could have been pointed, a second earlier, Tessa's foot could still have been turned out. It's ridiculous to judge anything from a photo especially one taken of a moving person.

The only thing I'm bothered with in that photo of Meryl and Charlie is that Meryl is so obviously looking to the floor and it's been drilled to me ever since I was four that you shouldn't look on the floor while dancing!
    Lol, me too. I can't even remember what it's like to try to look at your feet learning a combination.
    I think I'm being optimistic in thinking she's looking demure, but perhaps it's time to put another sticker on Charlie's forehead.

vCash
    but perhaps it's time to put another sticker on Charlie's forehead.
    A puppy sticker!!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    A Charlie puppy sticker!

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast