Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1003
  1. #421
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Wow, I mean it wouldn't stop me from taking public transportation over an expensive cab, but I can't imagine a station without an elevator. I'm from the west coast and every transit station has been designed to be wheelchair accessible. It might even be a law in CA or OR, it's so regular.
    Taxis usually aren't too pricey in Boston because the airport is so close to the heart of the city. With a 40 lb suitcase, I'd much rather spend a little more than haul it up stairs! I ran into this problem in Vancouver too with the Skytrain. A nice Canadian took pity on me and carried my bag up the stairs.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  2. #422
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    I am curious about that. There has to be some sort of elevator or escalator to fulfill ADA requirements. If I have to haul my suitcase up a flight or two of stairs, I can manage. I had some practice with that while in NYC
    Ditto. I work out. I haul my suitcase all over Europe like a pro .

  3. #423
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    We should all try to meet up on the concourse before the FD! There are a few of us in Section 21.
    That sounds like a great plan! It would be an easy way for everyone to meet. It definitely beats wondering around looking for complete strangers! Perhaps there will be opportunities to meet up at a practice or two?

  4. #424

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pandora's Box
    Posts
    1,293
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by R.L.Wright View Post
    That sounds like a great plan! It would be an easy way for everyone to meet. It definitely beats wondering around looking for complete strangers! Perhaps there will be opportunities to meet up at a practice or two?
    I like this idea!
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

  5. #425

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eagerly awaiting the Olympics!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    18,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10229
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    That's so awesome! I'm in row 14. We'll have to make a plan to get everyone together when it gets closer!
    I'll be with TanithandBenFan!

  6. #426

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,065
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    I'm 3 rows down from TanithandBenFan and TG. Looking forward to meeting the D/W fans I haven't met yet. I'll also likely be at Wednesday afternoon practice and probably at Thursday morning practice too. Maybe at the SD warmup and definitely at the FD warmup.

  7. #427
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5115
    I think a couple of people will only be at the FD? Want to be sure we can catch everyone! But I'll definitely be at the Wed and Thurs practices and SD warmup too!

  8. #428

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    getting ready to explore the world
    Posts
    3,005
    vCash
    806
    Rep Power
    11737
    I'm so upset, I don't think I can go now. Was so looking forward to it!

  9. #429
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What happened?!?!

  10. #430

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    getting ready to explore the world
    Posts
    3,005
    vCash
    806
    Rep Power
    11737
    I just don't think I can swing it at this point, and I didn't know there could be a chance for me to go soon enough to request off from work.

  11. #431

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,079
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I just don't think I can swing it at this point, and I didn't know there could be a chance for me to go soon enough to request off from work.
    Aww, I feel so sad for you! I had the same issue, both work and lack of funds. But you know our fellow fans that will be there will help us to feel like we are!

  12. #432
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    405
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I think a couple of people will only be at the FD? Want to be sure we can catch everyone! But I'll definitely be at the Wed and Thurs practices and SD warmup too!
    I'll look for people and say hi if I bump into anyone, but since I'll be there with my mother, I don't think I'll be able to do much extended socializing (plus, we have to keep our train schedule in mind, lest we run the risk of being stuck in the North Station until midnight). It's too bad we don't all have some kind of Meryl-Charlie buttons or tags we could put on to identify ourselves. I hope the rest of you have fun, though! I went to Nationals for the entire week back when it was in Providence in 1995, and I had an absolute blast. I'm crossing my fingers it won't be as cold in Boston this year as it was in Providence back then (brrr, and I'm used to the cold!).

  13. #433
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://instagram.com/p/ijPbBom33E/

    Look who's in the DVD ads for Despicable Me 2

    Everyone who is going to Nationals, have a blast for those of us who aren't!

  14. #434
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5115
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    I'll look for people and say hi if I bump into anyone, but since I'll be there with my mother, I don't think I'll be able to do much extended socializing (plus, we have to keep our train schedule in mind, lest we run the risk of being stuck in the North Station until midnight). It's too bad we don't all have some kind of Meryl-Charlie buttons or tags we could put on to identify ourselves. I hope the rest of you have fun, though! I went to Nationals for the entire week back when it was in Providence in 1995, and I had an absolute blast. I'm crossing my fingers it won't be as cold in Boston this year as it was in Providence back then (brrr, and I'm used to the cold!).
    I was thinking we could meet up on the concourse for a few minutes after the early FD groups. There's a thirty-forty minute break before the pairs FS starts. Will everyone be there then? I'm usually just wandering around the concourse during those breaks anyway, picking up free Puffs and such.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  15. #435
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,417
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm from the west coast and every transit station has been designed to be wheelchair accessible. It might even be a law in CA or OR, it's so regular.
    That's because the subway type systems in the West are all fairly new, so they were built to be accessible from the beginning. Boston's is ancient (America's first subway - 1897). They do offer a special bus system for folks who cannot use their regular bus and subway options because of a disability. See http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/acc...lt.asp?id=7108

  16. #436

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,065
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I was thinking we could meet up on the concourse for a few minutes after the early FD groups. There's a thirty-forty minute break before the pairs FS starts. Will everyone be there then? I'm usually just wandering around the concourse during those breaks anyway, picking up free Puffs and such.
    Works for me! And I'm looking forward to snagging some more free Puffs packs. They don't sell those in stores anymore.

  17. #437

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    I'm in Row 13, right in front of TanithandBenFan.

    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I just don't think I can swing it at this point, and I didn't know there could be a chance for me to go soon enough to request off from work.

  18. #438

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Meryl and Charlie's pre-Nationals press conference is up on Ice Network.

    http://www.icenetwork.com/video/topi...5720/v31283377

  19. #439

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3147
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Meryl and Charlie's pre-Nationals press conference is up on Ice Network.

    http://www.icenetwork.com/video/topi...5720/v31283377
    We're really good at minding our own business.

  20. #440

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pandora's Box
    Posts
    1,293
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    856
    Best line ever.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •