Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Oh my word, I can't handle the cuteness.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    I think it's a honest statement.
    I don't know, it's a little bit disappointing coming from Tessa (Scott has made his attitude clear ions ago). I've always felt like their relationships with each other were entirely separate from any fan wars and I sort of feel it's in bad taste to say that publicly, especially with that tone...even if it is true. That's kind of what reality shows bring out of people though.

If their relationship hasn't changed, then they've certainly played the friendship game in the past. Maybe not BFF, but definitely more than civil. Civil is how you describe your professional behavior towards a co worker you can't stand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Awww...Meryl needs bangs again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Civil is how you describe your professional behavior towards a co worker you can't stand.
    That's exactly what came through my head when I heard Tessa say it.

Maybe they are playing the card of creating drama for their show?
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    I can't even with the level of cuteness in that video, Meryl was an adorable little girl. I'm still confused about her hair though, she said she's a natural blond, but she has dark hair in that video, as she does in a lot of her childhood photos.

As for the Tessa clip, I really don't think there's anything all that sinister behind it. With the way reality shows work, Tessa may not have been anywhere near Meryl when she was joking around about Kim Kardashian.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I don't think V/M train at the same time as M&C anyway, so it's highly likely that a lot of the video has been spliced together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I don't think V/M train at the same time as M&C anyway, so it's highly likely that a lot of the video has been spliced together.
    At least one of the clips had them on the ice together. Tessa was at the boards when D/W skated by. But Meryl talking about reality TV, I agree- Tessa may not have been rolling her eyes at that, or she may have. I would have

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    At least one of the clips had them on the ice together. Tessa was at the boards when D/W skated by. But Meryl talking about reality TV, I agree- Tessa may not have been rolling her eyes at that, or she may have. I would have
    They probably changed their schedule to be on the ice with M&C one day just to get "dramatic" footage.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

vCash
    I don't believe the friendship that was clearly there back around 2009-2010 was staged or fake. It always seemed sincere. Like I said before, I believe the relationship changed from friendship to friendly (according to M&C) or civil (according to Tessa) when Meryl and Charlie won their first world title. Things were bound to get tense from there, which is understandable, but hearing Tessa call it "civil" really is disappointing when one thinks of the cuteness of the 2009-2010 fluffs.

Btw, don't Meryl and Charlie have to give their consent for however they are being shown in that show? Are they OK with this?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I don't think there's anything wrong with how Meryl and Charlie are shown in that clip. Meryl's chatting with friends during a break at the rink. Shows she socializes with her fellow training mates, and it looks like a healthy, balanced day to me!

vCash
    DW and VM spended time at 2011 WCh in Moscow together (with Shibs and Patrick).
    Things changed in 2012, after VM won in Nice. They even didnt talk at gala practice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    DW and VM spended time at 2011 WCh in Moscow together (with Shibs and Patrick).
    Things changed in 2012, after VM won in Nice. They even didnt talk at gala practice
    Oh this is fun! Is everyone going to go back and forth blindly speculating as to which couple is to blame for the souring of the relationship?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Oh this is fun! Is everyone going to go back and forth blindly speculating as to which couple is to blame for the souring of the relationship?
    I agree, maybe this is not important at all, when this happened. I just saw them all together at gala practice in Moscow, where they were very friendle. Scott dance with Meryl.
    For mew its sad, if they felt that pressure every day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I can't even with the level of cuteness in that video, Meryl was an adorable little girl. I'm still confused about her hair though, she said she's a natural blond, but she has dark hair in that video, as she does in a lot of her childhood photos.

As for the Tessa clip, I really don't think there's anything all that sinister behind it. With the way reality shows work, Tessa may not have been anywhere near Meryl when she was joking around about Kim Kardashian.
    I think a lot of Caucasion people mistake being a natural blonde with being born with blond hair. The hair color, skin color and even eye color (though that usually changes in the same day) at birth are often different, usually lighter, than your adult coloring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Btw, don't Meryl and Charlie have to give their consent for however they are being shown in that show? Are they OK with this?
    I assume they had to sign waivers. I wonder if they thought about how likely it was that they would be, if not out-right villains, at least the foils of this thing. It was civil of them to agree to be in the show.

vCash
    Actually, if you watch the full gala clips on youtube, Scott talks to Charlie and Meryl multiple times, while Tessa stands somewhere alone watching them.. Just saying

Meryl kawaii desu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    I assume they had to sign waivers. I wonder if they thought about how likely it was that they would be, if not out-right villains, at least the foils of this thing. It was civil of them to agree to be in the show.
    Would they give permission for their filmed practice footage to be on the show but not have approval or even know about how their "story" with Tessa/Scott is framed until the show or its promos come out?

Just curious. Since I have no idea what kind of language or "permission" would go into signing release waivers for a reality TV show. I've taken classes at a theater and performance school where I had to sign a waiver releasing any rights to my image being used in photos or video footage captured for promotional material for the school but no where on there was there language about how the footage would be used just that it would be.

Wonder if Meryl and Charlie agreed to let their footage and images be used but had no idea how it would be used or what kind of story the TV show would try and create around it.

vCash
    Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me which FD is Meryl referring to when she said the Charlie whispered in her ear before the step sequence? She said it was nationals 2010, is that POTO or Il Postino? Please forgive my confusion - I sometimes get the years and events a little mixed up. Scratching my head here...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by comickiwi; 12-21-2013 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by comickiwi View Post
    Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me which FD is Meryl referring to when she said the Charlie whispered in her ear before the step sequence? She said it was nationals 2010, is that POTO or Il Postino? Please forgive my confusion - I sometimes get the years and events a little mixed up. Scratching my head here...

Thanks in advance!
    POTO
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast