Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Davis & White #19: Two Twirly Twizzles

Inspired by:
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    And by popular demand in the last thread... carry on!

ETA Team USA off-ice group photo in Fukuoka, Japan:
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...054337/photo/1
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-04-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    And a Charlie puppy in a pear tree.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post

vCash
    Sorely tempted to illustrate a Charlie puppy...
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Meryl already drew a Charlie Puppy in her NHK silly interview where the question about what would you be if not yourself was asked. Charlie wanted to be a puppy. Meryl wanted to be the owner of a Charlie Puppy and her sheet of paper had a drawing of a puppy that had a decidedly Charlie look to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Meryl already drew a Charlie Puppy in her NHK silly interview where the question about what would you be if not yourself was asked. Charlie wanted to be a puppy. Meryl wanted to be the owner of a Charlie Puppy and her sheet of paper had a drawing of a puppy that had a decidedly Charlie look to it.
    I don't know what it looked like but I'm thinking something like a yellow Labradoodle?
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I don't know what it looked like but I'm thinking something like a yellow Labradoodle?
    5xvPB

vCash

vCash
    Meryl's drawing kinda sorta reminds me of this famously animated puppy
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Gotta give props to Nathalie for showing up in casual training outfit. The girls in dance are the only ones who come to official practices in full glamour - hair, make-up, official competition dresses... I don't quite get why. It's like, you don't have to look perfect all the time, it's enough if you look perfect in competition.

ETA: Just took a peak at the #18 last posts and I saw a few comments on the SD dress. Well, for me it's perfect and she shouldn't change a thing about it. The color is divine, the skirt flows and moves beautifully as Meryl dances and the top with the sparkles is glamour but very refined and classy. I love every single part of this dress, so please Meryl don't change a thing! (work on the FD costume instead )
    Last edited by mia joy; 12-05-2013 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    Since there was some discussion toward the end of the last thread about favorite D/W performances, I'll always love this version of Eleanor Rigby. It wasn't perfect by any means, and I still like the later version, but I love the more contemporary approach to their dancing here. Sometimes I wonder what route D/W would have gone if they had been fully prepared for the start of the season (though I know Charlie had an injury so it was out of their hands) and if the program had been more cohesive.

I still really like the entrance to the twizzles here, and wish things like that still mattered more today.

(Sorry if this version had been posted in that recent discussion! I didn't happen to see it, so I assumed it wasn't)

vCash
    It's killing me that the senior SD isn't until tomorrow, and it's the last part of the competition. I don't know if my nerves can take much more of this.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Backstage photos from GPF: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/64400778

"Four-time reigning Grand Prix Final dance gold medalist Charlie White being Charlie White."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Backstage photos from GPF: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/64400778

"Four-time reigning Grand Prix Final dance gold medalist Charlie White being Charlie White."
    That man is ridiculously cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Meryl's drawing kinda sorta reminds me of this famously animated puppy
    "I JUST MET YOU AND I LOVE YOU!"
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    We are anxiously awaiting an ice-apocalypse scheduled to arrive early Friday morning. No school tomorrow makes a 3:15 (CST) start time much more appealing. I may even set my alarm for pairs.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Thanks to Finnice for this lovely photo. Clearly "no core strength" Meryl and "wobbly blades" Charlie:

http://lumo-skate.com/social/davis-and-white
    Last edited by leafygreens; 12-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Thanks to Finnice for this lovely photo. Clearly "no core strength" Meryl and "wobbly blades" Charlie:

I've always laughed when people say Meryl doesn't use her core..or has no core strength. To get anywhere in skating, no matter the discipline, your core must be strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post

Whoever likes to say that is clearly..,wrong

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast