vCash

Circuit Training ladies' workout places

I have a 5-day pass to Curves for women, the 30-minute circuit training place. I tried it out yesterday, and not really sure if it's for me. I didnt feel like I had a good workout at all. I will use it another 4 times before I decide. Not even sure what they want as far as contracts/pricing, etc.

Anyone else ever belong to this place or tried a similar circuit training program?

vCash
    I have never tried Curves but my doctor said it's pretty useless. I joined a Canadian chain gym instead. It also has a circuit training program if you choose to do it (which I don't yet).

vCash
    Thanks, it seemed that way to me, too. I will just use my last 4 remaining visits and then move on to another place to try out.

vCash
    I tried it when they offered deeply discounted six month memberships to teachers in the town I worked in. I never felt like I had a good workout. And it got boring really quickly. Plus, they required automatic withdrawal for payment and automatically upgraded to a full cost membership at the end of the six months even though I had made several attempts to cancel. I ended up paying for two or three months I did not use while I tried to get the damn thing canceled.

vCash
    The owner of Curves also supports some organizations that not everyone might be in favour of:
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...i-abortion-hhs
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    It's difficult to recommend a gym since I don't know where you live, but look for a ladies gym that has Les Mills Pump classes. They are modified circuit training classes.

vCash
    My gym (co-ed, although there is a ladies only section) has a circuit training portion as well but so few people do it that a lot people (me included) will use one of the machines during our workout session. When I do see someone doing an actual circuit training session, I will make sure they have primary access to all the machines but that is not always the case.

I have done circuit training in the past and I sometimes had to jump to different "empty" machines because someone else is using the machine that was "next in line". Does this make sense?

For someone who was initially looking at ladies-only gyms or gyms that centre around circuit training, this may or may not be an issue with you when you look at general gyms.

vCash
    I used to work out @ Curves when it was in our closest shopping center (in walking distance), but it closed abruptly almost 2 years ago. A lot of other Curves locations have closed in our area as well. If I had known about the anti-abortion connection back then, I would not have joined it. Now we both work out @ a regular gym with full facilities (equipment, indoor pool, hot tub), a host of classes, etc.