Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Love the pic that Christina Gao tweeted of the frog pond ice and the magical lighted trees in the background, makes me wish I was there, and am hoping something similar happens here in Seattle.

And thanks so very much, ioana, for the review and the videos, much appreciated. Marisssa must be at least 12 feet off the ice in those lifts, WOW! And Andrew looks a bit like Paul Walker imho.

Kudos to all the skaters for participating, it looks freeeeezing, brrrrrrr, makes me appreciate even more those skaters from Sonja Henie's era that had to skate outdoors all the time.

vCash
    It was a perfect day weather-wise for this. About 50 and no wind -which is newsworthy in the downtown area. Most skaters looked comfortable, unlike last year when some kept their jackets on and still looked cold. But yes, trying jumps -never mind lifts- at the rink can be scary because they can random wind gusts. Didn't seem to be the case tonight, though
    Last edited by ioana; 12-06-2013 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    It was a perfect day weather-wise for this. About 50 and no wind -which is newsworthy in the downtown area. Most skaters looked comfortable, unlike last year when some kept their jackets on and still looked cold. But yes, trying jumps -never mind lifts- at the rink can be scary because they can random wind gusts. Didn't seem to be the case tonight, though
    Also I can see where the lighting could be an issue...particularly for the jumpers.

I liked when Stephen was skating and you hear a tiny young voice say "Hey (or Hi) there", and he smiles at the child...too cute!

EDIT: via Twitter...

Boston Com Frog Pond ‏@BosComFrogPond 2h
    Beautiful skating at Frog Pond tonight! Thanks to all there. @NancyChenNews @BOS2014 @stephencarriere @SkatingClubBOS http://ow.ly/i/3WhbA
    Last edited by dardar1126; 12-06-2013 at 03:00 AM.

vCash
    Harrison Choate skated in the Theatre on Ice number. Apologies for the sound system snafu. It had been working fine all day during sound checks and worked perfectly for opening remarks and then nothing. Don't know yet if it was our system or some type of interference with the tree lighting. We were glad to at least get it operational, but will look into it for the first night show.

vCash
    Thank you for all the reports, tweets, pics, Youtube links etc.! Glad some of you were able to be there on a good weather evening!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Apologies for the sound system snafu. It had been working fine all day during sound checks and worked perfectly for opening remarks and then nothing. Don't know yet if it was our system or some type of interference with the tree lighting. We were glad to at least get it operational, but will look into it for the first night show.
    Oh, forgot about the first night show. That's even closer to Nationals, so yes, hopefully all the issues can be worked out by then. Would be a perfect time to remind people they can still get tickets .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Nice pics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12