Watch me move
    vCash

Question about Skater Registration for Worlds/Olympics

When skaters qualify to be in Worlds or Olympics, I assume they have to formally register for the competition at some point - but do they fill out the forms, or does their federation do it for them? Or do the skater and the federation both have to submit registrations?

I looked on the Internetz and couldn't find an answer to this, so I'd be grateful if anyone knows for sure. Thanks!
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    For international competitions, skaters are entered by their national skating federations.

For the Olympics, athletes are entered by their national Olympic committees.

In both cases, I'm sure the skaters have to fill out lots of forms. But, somebody else is responsible for submitting it.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Yes, I know who's responsible for entering them. What I'm asking is who is responsible for *registering* them.

vCash
    At the 2008 US Swimming Trials, swimmers were nominated to the USOC by US Swimming based on the trials results. When something happened (maybe swimmer who failed a drug test?) they were unable to nominate the next-in-line swimmer in that event because the USOC deadline had passed for new nominations, and the coaches instead got to pick who swam that event at the Olympics. There was a whole lot of angst related to the swimmer who didn't get to go, and a lot of suggestions that US Swimming back its trials up by a week so that if someone failed a drug test there was still time to nominate substitutes.

So, the path for registration seemed to go through the national federation to the national Olympic Committee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Yes, I know who's responsible for entering them. What I'm asking is who is responsible for *registering* them.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "registering". Do you mean checking in on site and getting their credential and goodie bag? I think the athletes have to do that in person.

Note that the procedures and forms for entering competitors into the World Championships are posted on the ISU web site, BTW.

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pai...pionships-2014

Watch me move
    vCash
    Those forms are what I was referring to. Thanks!