Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icebug View Post
    I believe Chantelle chose not to go to 4CC.
    I wonder why. Illness/injury or a tantrum?

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    It's a shame Kailani Craine, the Australian junior ladies' champion, isn't eligible for Four Continents. She is a little firecracker and attempted a 3loop/3loop during the team event on the last day of competition.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    I highly doubt that ISA is punishing Chantelle or that they intend to punish her in the future. She is still Australia's #2 girl, and probably still the future for australian skating.I dont think they would ever consider trying to push her away from the sport. Im sure if Chantelle had submitted for 4CC then she would have been submitted.

I know Chantelle has had some problems with foot injuries and illness, but to not even submit your name for 4CC seems to me as though she is having a tantrum.
    Maybe there is a lack of funds to send the family to both the Olympics and 4CC. Send her brother, and her season is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Maybe there is a lack of funds to send the family to both the Olympics and 4CC. Send her brother, and her season is over.
    This, plus the injury, is probably the most likely combination. I'm sure the family had to spend money on lawyers for the CAS hearing. Maybe if she was 100% they'd send her, but it probably isn't worth the money if she's also having foot problems.

vCash
    I agree with Sylvia. The less the ISU interferes, the better. I still hope the ISU splits into two organizations. Speedy himself says he knows nothing of figure skating, why should he have the say? Why should speed skating benefit from figure skating? But that's another thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
    I agree with Sylvia. The less the ISU interferes, the better. I still hope the ISU splits into two organizations. Speedy himself says he knows nothing of figure skating, why should he have the say? Why should speed skating benefit from figure skating? But that's another thread.
    Whilst that would be in the best interest of figure skating, the majority of ISU members don't have separate figure skating federations.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Also, these days, it's not as clear cut as speed skating living off the teat of figure skating. In some places speed skating is more popular and gets more tv money.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Also, these days, it's not as clear cut as speed skating living off the teat of figure skating. In some places speed skating is more popular and gets more tv money.
    Even in the US, I think speed skating is close in popularity to figure skating. Sure it doesn't get those awful Disson specials- but Olympic year, the speed skating stars get a lot of attention. Now that Ohno is gone, I don't think most people could name a speed skater but it's not like many of the general public know figure skaters anymore either. I think both are heavily watched- speed skating isn't exactly biathlon.

vCash
    (What happened with Melissa, the skater from the Phillipines? I remember her from Easterns/US Nationals. Nice programs with good connection to the audience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viennese View Post
    (What happened with Melissa, the skater from the Phillipines? I remember her from Easterns/US Nationals. Nice programs with good connection to the audience.
    I PMed you.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I thought the organizers were responsible for championships expenses, or at least putting the skaters up, and that this was part of the "quali rounds are too expensive to run" argument. I remember clauses listing conditions in which Federations have to be reimbursed: is this for GP only?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Wouldn't major expenses though be the airline tickets for yourself and your team, plus reimbursing your coach for lost wages when they are away from their other skaters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I thought the organizers were responsible for championships expenses, or at least putting the skaters up, and that this was part of the "quali rounds are too expensive to run" argument. I remember clauses listing conditions in which Federations have to be reimbursed: is this for GP only?
    The only thing the organisers are responsible for is providing accommodation, I think.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Yes, but wouldn't the rest be up to the skater, not the Fed? The Fed makes the appointments.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Yes, but wouldn't the rest be up to the skater, not the Fed? The Fed makes the appointments.
    It depends. Some federations pay all of the skaters' expenses, some don't pay any.

If you're referring to submitting the names, it has to go through the respective federation for any isu-sanctioned events.

vCash
    Got the chance to skate with Brooklee today in Connecticut. She looks great on the ice and is as determined as ever.
    (Knock 'em dead, Olympian, you've earned it!)

vCash
    If the Kerry family were intending to spend the money to send both Chantelle and Brendan to Olympics, then i think they can afford sending Chantelle to 4CC now that she is going to Sochi.

vCash
    If the Kerry family were intending to spend the money to send both Chantelle and Brendan to Olympics, then i think they can afford sending Chantelle to 4CC now that she is going to Sochi.
    Maybe doing both Junior Worlds and 4CCs is too much for Chantelle and she is focusing on the first instead?

vCash
    I would imagine the Australian Olympic Committee pays all of the expenses for athletes chosen to participate in the Olympic Games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I would imagine the Australian Olympic Committee pays all of the expenses for athletes chosen to participate in the Olympic Games.
    You would assume wrong, I thought the same.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast