Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Off-topic but yes, they were terrible. You can see for yourself: Bo Luan/Yao Bin - 1984 Olympics SP
    Maybe it is because I spent yesterday watching novice pairs- but that didn't seem too bad. Except the death spiral (which happens to good teams too on the rare occasion...) and the pairs spin (which are always awful even when done well) the program was okay. The twist was bad but not terrible, the SBS spins mostly together, the footwork decent.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    She was sick. I'm pleased if she stayed away from the rink; means she wasn't making other skaters sick - including her brother!
    Chantelle was ill, looking a bit green around the gills as her brother and her skating mates were chosen without her. I bet she was at home in bed, sick, just sick, all day long. I really do wish her luck in her future skating endeavors. She is going to need it.

Go Brooklee! Free from the chains of red tape made by her competitor, she can skate with freedom and represent her country with pride. I hope Brooklee not only enjoys all of the Olympics, but also skates better than she ever has in competition. Then she can tell us all about her experiences in the media afterward. I want to read all about it. I hope she makes a big international splash, actually. I hope she skates well enough to become a skating star in Australia and show this other girl how it should be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Chantelle was ill, looking a bit green around the gills as her brother and her skating mates were chosen without her. I bet she was at home in bed, sick, just sick, all day long. I really do wish her luck in her future skating endeavors. She is going to need it.
    (Snipped)
    Are you out of your freakin mind?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Does anyone know why Chantelle Kerry isn't going to FCC?
    Maybe Ice Skating Australia doesn't have the funds to send a second lady overseas after spending all that money to defend itself in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

vCash
    Australian skaters pay their own way to most competitions.

Kailani is too young for Fcc.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Craine has the 4C's minimums from Lombardia, but she was only 14 on 1 July 2013.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    The Australian Olympic Committee has confirmed Han's participation at the Games. http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/new...ating-in-sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Australian skaters pay their own way to most competitions.
    Money, goodwill, does it really matter?

Her Federation is under no obligation to submit her name, and why should they?

vCash
    and why should they?
    Melissa Bulanhagui (PHI) learned a really important lesson about not pissing off the federation this year. She has been essentially forced into retirement, as she seems to be persona non grata with them, and transferring to another country would require her to sit out years she doesn't have.

Hopefully this will not affect Chantelle Kerry in the same way, long term.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 01-07-2014 at 07:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Melissa Bulanhagui (PHI) learned a really important lesson about not pissing off the federation this year. She has been essentially forced into retirement, as she seems to be persona non grata with them, and transferring to another country would require her to sit out years she doesn't have.

In a perfect world, it shouldn't affect Kerry. But nobody likes being sued. And being seen as litigious, difficult, and arguably unreasonable wouldn't help anyone's cause.

Even though I am not a fan of Kerry's actions with respect to Han, I do think Kerry should be given every chance to compete and participate -- assuming she qualifes -- in the future.

O-

vCash
    So is Chantelle Kerry's non-participation at Four Continents final? Is this her decision or the Australian Federation's?

vCash

It will not affect her in any way, shape or form.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Off-topic but yes, they were terrible. You can see for yourself: Bo Luan/Yao Bin - 1984 Olympics SP

And look at his teams now.
    Maybe it is because I spent yesterday watching novice pairs- but that didn't seem too bad. Except the death spiral (which happens to good teams too on the rare occasion...) and the pairs spin (which are always awful even when done well) the program was okay. The twist was bad but not terrible, the SBS spins mostly together, the footwork decent.
    It wasn't at the top competitive level, of course (which is embarrassing at that level). But in the sense of having learned from watching grainy training tapes, what a courageous effort! Their stroking was good and sbs okay to a degree, tho' the spinning was very poor and they couldn't sustain unison, but the seed of it was there. They went into the death spiral very promisingly, but again could not sustain good technique.

I absolutely love the kind and instructive commentary by Dick Button and Jim McKay! And 26-year-old Yao Bin , what a heartthrob. This experience remained forever indelible in his mind and spurred him on to create champions over many long and hard-working years.

Dick Button commented in 1984 that Chinese skating on ice was not new, just the competitive aspect. Here's proof:

http://thestacks.deadspin.com/this-o...som-1496389210

Sorry the above is OT in this thread: Good luck to Brooklee Han!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    It will not affect her in any way, shape or form.
    I don't think there is anyway to know that. Assignments/name submission are made by people, not robots. Any assignment she doesn't get; she will likely question whether she is being slighted because of this or not. Already, before I posted, people are asking if her name was not submitted to 4CCs as "punishment" or if she chose not to go. If her name was not submitted (and I have no idea)- do you think she isn't wondering why?

vCash
    I believe Chantelle chose not to go to 4CC. ISA does not 'punish' its skaters by not giving them assignments.

vCash
    I don't think there is anyway to know that.
    Actually I do because I am involved in the sport and know people on ISA. I do get to hear a lot of stuff from a number of sides. There are things that I don't like what ISA do but "punishing" athletes is not part of it.
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 01-07-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Blergh
    vCash
    I'm sure Chantelle Kerry actually has a lot of support within the Aussie skating circle, going by what those who are involved with ISA have posted in this thread.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I'm sure Chantelle Kerry actually has a lot of support within the Aussie skating circle, going by what those who are involved with ISA have posted in this thread.
    Who on ISA has been posting? Do tell.

Blergh
    vCash
    I didn't say "on ISA" but "involved with". And I was referring to you since you just spoke about how much you knew about the inner-workings of ISA and what they're thinking.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I highly doubt that ISA is punishing Chantelle or that they intend to punish her in the future. She is still Australia's #2 girl, and probably still the future for australian skating.I dont think they would ever consider trying to push her away from the sport. Im sure if Chantelle had submitted for 4CC then she would have been submitted.

I know Chantelle has had some problems with foot injuries and illness, but to not even submit your name for 4CC seems to me as though she is having a tantrum.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast