Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTechSpec View Post
    I see we are allowed to talk about this now
    No one here forbade you to talk about anything earlier. This news and discussion thread was started because articles were published in the media and so this topic is no longer based merely on hearsay/rumor.

I was very glad to see Brooklee Han skate so well in the SP and to hear all the cheers and support in her home rink. I hope she will be happy with how she performs her free skate tomorrow and can really enjoy winning her first Australian national title.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    You are delusional. Unless you meant statements like "Chantelle, who is not a very appealing skater or competitor to watch" as compliments.
    No, I think you are showing your personal bias against my posts, which is ridiculous behavior for a Forum. It is like you have not read the other posts here, with others stating things like, "Spoiled Brat Syndrome," and the use of words like "not good enough,"angry," "bitter" as opposed to my bland description of her as an unappealing skater and competitor.

I would NEVER go out of my way to watch CK skate live or on television. To me, she and her skating are unappealing.

SorryBoutIT if YOU don't like it, and the delusion is YOURS.

vCash
    Brooklee Han's SP to "Prayer for Taylor" and "Titanic Symphony" starts at around the 6 hour 20 min. mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woGk4cXiDb4
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-05-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTechSpec View Post
    Chantelle has been complaining about being sick today and yesterday. There was a picture she sent out to a bunch of skaters stating that she "hated being sick at a time like this", through a iphone app.
    As far as how being sick affected her performance leading up to the event, I was at the senior unofficial and she was having no problems at all. Skating very good, wasn't quite about to nail that triple triple we all saw in the video she posted about a month ago, but all the same she looked very fit and ready to go.
    I would assume this withdraw is a strategic move here, not wanting to look bad if she was beat by Brooklee.
    After everything that's gone on with the complaint, CAS involvement, etc, I think it's understandable that a lot of skating fans and the general public aren't likely to cut Miss Kerry much slack and give her the benefit of a doubt on the illness. The withdrawal does look suspiciously tactical, bogus, and cowardly. I don't see how this really helps make any case for herself as Australia's best lady to send anywhere internationally. As for Brooklee, she laid down a good case in the SP that she's the Real Deal and a worthy Olympic and Worlds competitor for Australia. All she has to do is follow up with a FS as good as her Nebelhorn or Volvo Cup performances. Always best to let the skating do the talking rather than the lawyers.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    This suggests that since the ISA Rules allow for CAS arbitration after the tribunal has announced a decision, Kerry's appeal to CAS is step two of the same complaint, which would have been before Nebelhorn, since she tried to block Han from competing at Nebelhorn through the tribunal process.

Hershey's has been suggested, because it's the only know competition in which Han competed in which she wouldn't have needed her Federation's signature on the application form, the requirement for Senior B's. The only known exception to this has been Ando, who received direct invitations from Senior B organizers.
    Yes, I understand that. Unlike some posters in this thread (not you), I've actually read all the posts and understood them. My point, though, is that we don't know. We. Are. Speculating.

This fact (that we don't know the contents of the complaint at this time but are speculating based on past events) seems to have escaped a few people who have leaped from this speculation to "well, if X and Y and Z are TRUE, then A, B and C". The problem is that X through Z aren't exactly The Truth but just probable/possible based on what we do know.

As another example of speculation vs. facts, I speculate, based on her tweets, that Kerry is gung ho and supportive of this CAS complaint and not wriggling in embarrassment at what her parents are doing against her will. But I don't know this. Just as the people who are sure that she is a puppet being taken advantage of by strong-willed parents don't know that for sure either.

I guess I'd rather wait to lambast someone for being "stupid" until I know exactly what their strategy is.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Appeals to CAS are not heard unless an appeal has already been made to a lower federation first, so the CAS appeal is a continuation of the ISA Tribunal appeal, which was concerning Herseys. That is not speculation. The difference between the appeals is that because of the timing, and the rejected tribunal appeal, Brooklee has already skated at Nebelhorn and won a spot. Chantelle can't have the appeal be that Brooklee shouldn't be sent to Nebelhorn, because she already has been, so the complaint is now saying she shouldn't have been (and Chantelle should have been) because Brooklee skated at Herseys without permission from ISA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    No one here forbade you to talk about anything earlier. This news and discussion thread was started because articles were published in the media and so this topic is no longer based merely on hearsay/rumor.
    Much of my "hearsay/rumor" seems very similar to a lot of the "speculations" going on here. Also turns out that my hearsay/rumor was dead on about the club comp. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    After everything that's gone on with the complaint, CAS involvement, etc, I think it's understandable that a lot of skating fans and the general public aren't likely to cut Miss Kerry much slack and give her the benefit of a doubt on the illness. The withdrawal does look suspiciously tactical, bogus, and cowardly. I don't see how this really helps make any case for herself as Australia's best lady to send anywhere internationally. As for Brooklee, she laid down a good case in the SP that she's the Real Deal and a worthy Olympic and Worlds competitor for Australia. All she has to do is follow up with a FS as good as her Nebelhorn or Volvo Cup performances. Always best to let the skating do the talking rather than the lawyers.
    That she did, very clear that Brooklee didn't let any of the pressure get to her, despite that Nationals has no pull on who will be sent, there is bound to be alot of pressure, but she showed she was ready and capable of handling that like an olympic level skater.

I watched her official practice this morning, she is looking very much on form. Should make for an excellent long this afternoon.

vCash
    Brooklee scored 102.81 in the FS for a total 161.42.

vCash
    Final scores for Nats:

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
    1 Brooklee HAN VIC 161.42 1 1
    2 Taylor DEAN QLD 99.12 2 2
    3 Jaimee NOBBS WA 89.47 4 3
    4 Jessinta MARTIN SA 86.96 3 4
    5 Karuna HENDERSON ACT 79.57 5 5
    6 Sarah CULLEN NSW 76.73 7 6
    7 Harmonie WONG SA 72.35 6 7
    8 Lowanna GIBSON NSW 47.77 8 8

Brooklee's ISU PB was 147.16. Looks like she had PBs in both long and short!

vCash
    1 Brooklee HAN VIC 102.81 49.81 54.00 6.67 6.58 7.00 6.75 6.75 1.00 #8

Han landed 4 of her 6 planned triples -- 3Lo+2T, 3Lz, 3S, 3T+2T -- plus 2A; fell on 3T and doubled final Salchow in combo.

Senior Ladies FS protocols: http://www.isa.org.au/Results/2013_A..._FS_Scores.pdf

Congratulations to Brooklee on winning her first Australian national title!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-06-2013 at 02:40 AM.

vCash
    Very well deserved! A genuine athlete that let the skating do all the talking! Let's hope the powers that be now make the right choices!!

vCash
    Very nice, Brooklee let the skating do the talking. I find it very hard to believe that Kerry is sick, or if she is, it is due to what is going on. She darn well knows that this legal crap shouldn't have tainted the process and its about training and showing what you have on the ice. I can hardly wait to see Brooklee in Sochi, go get em!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Final scores for Nats:

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
    1 Brooklee HAN VIC 161.42 1 1
    2 Taylor DEAN QLD 99.12 2 2
    So will Dean now be filing a grievance that she should be the Australian champion, since Han should not have been allowed to skate in this event on account of being ineligible due to unauthorized participation in the earlier event?

vCash
    Ashley Cain (@icegirlash) tweeted very excitedly about her part-time training partner in Texas:
    Congrats to my best friend Taylor Dean for becoming the Australian National Silver Medalist! I am so proud of you! http://pic.twitter.com/4cG7xTq2gf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    So will Dean now be filing a grievance that she should be the Australian champion, since Han should not have been allowed to skate in this event on account of being ineligible due to unauthorized participation in the earlier event?
    oh my god, could you imagine!!!

vCash
    Legal Battles give us fans a lot to debate about

Even though this whole saga between Han and Kerry still hasn't been resolved and obviously is quite sad for the parties involved, I think there's something positive arising from it. In particular, it has made more people become aware of Han's skating, which is in fact very pleasant indeed. I also admire the way Han has proved again and again - firstly at Worlds last year (me reckons she should have beaten McCorkell to earn the spot in the first place), then at Nelbelhorn, Volvo Cup and now Nationals; that she is the one that deserves to go to Sochi.

vCash
    I am going to state an unpopular opinion here and I will probably get attacked for it, but I believe that if Chantelle said she was sick, she was sick.

I've seen it before. People can go from fit as a fiddle to death warmed over in fifteen minutes, especially if food poisoning or any kind of gastro bug is involved. I can easily believe that Chantelle became ill in the hours between practice and the short program.

vCash
    I don't believe she was sick. That's the problem with being a petty, bad sport, and making people have a sour taste in their mouths; people will begin to always think negatively about you. I don't believe her, because I think the timing is way too convenient, and because everything she does now puts a sour taste in my mouth. She's yet to actually SKATE to prove to people she's worthy of an Olympic placement. And I don't believe she can, which is why I think she withdrew "sick".

vCash
    But your logic is flawed. If she really was out to prove that she should have the spot, she would have skated rather than withdrawn sick. Sulking and withdrawing does nothing to help her case. It is simply not logical to fake illness. And in this case, too, if the illness was bad enough, it would have been detrimental to skate.

To be frank, I don't condone Chantelle's actions. But I am more surprised that people are surprised. This is the Olympics, for crying out loud. You honestly can't tell me Chantelle is the only athlete in history to challenge a fair selection. She's not. Far from it. So many other athletes have done it, in so many other countries and other sports. I do not understand the huge blow-up. It's the Olympics. Everyone wants to go. Always. And for those who say Chantelle is young, she'll have another chance...she may not. Australia doesn't have guaranteed spots. We don't have that luxury and I would be very surprised if I ever saw the day when we had two for Worlds, let alone Olympics. There are plenty of nice young skaters coming through...Kailani is fabulous and has the jumps...our Novice ladies' champion is 12. She will be sixteen by the 2018 Olympics...Maybe this really is Chantelle's only chance. The Olympics would be the biggest thing in her career. I can't fault her for wanting to do everything possible to get there; I can fault her for how she's gone about it.

Hey, at least none of OUR skaters have ever physically assaulted another to try and manipulate the Olympic selection...

vCash
    We're not talking about other sports or athletes. If everyone does the wrong thing, it's still wrong. And my logic is not flawed. I think she knew she couldn't win, she didn't want to lose because she thinks it would look bad for her appeal, and so she withdrew. Her skate would have proved everyone's point: she's not worthy of the Olympic spot.

I don't care that she wants to go. Fighting against someone else going when you can't give a reason why you should go except "I want to" is bad sportsmanship. She can't give a skate to prove she should go. She can't beat Brooklee. She/her team's being a petty spoilt brat, and a bad sport to boot. She's not fighting she should go; she's fighting that Brooklee is going. She's wants the spot without having done anything to earn it.

I think people are surprised because they've yet to see a skate that Chantelle could use to prove she's Olympic material, proof she deserves the spot. Yet they've seen several from Brooklee (and Brooklee won the spot).
    Last edited by Angelskates; 12-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast