Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    If the Kerry family were intending to spend the money to send both Chantelle and Brendan to Olympics, then i think they can afford sending Chantelle to 4CC now that she is going to Sochi.
    Some of the send Chantelle to Sochi money is probably still going to be used though- don't you think she'll still be going to Russia to watch her brother? Tickets cost the same if you are competing or not.

Some of it has to be ROI though. It would be worth a lot of money to most people to go and place low at the Olympics. What is it worth to go and place moderately at 4CCs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
    You would assume wrong, I thought the same.
    Wow, that is surprising. You'd think that in case of the Olympics, the national committees would have it covered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
    You would assume wrong, I thought the same.
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that the Australian Olympic Committee is making athletes pay for their travel expenses to Sochi - accommodation is provided for athletes - are you talking about the athlete or the athlete's family - I would believe that the Kerry family would be paying for their own accommodation and travel to Sochi but not the athletes.
    When watching live I like everyone to skate clean - but on television the occasional trainwreck can be fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    What is it worth to go and place moderately at 4CCs?
    It depends on the skater and possibly on the Federation. Relatively good scores could help her get on the Season's Best list for the Grand Prix (unlikely in this particular instance), get a better starting position in competitions with seeded starting orders, and affect her chances of going to Worlds next season, depending on what criteria the ISU and ISA decide to use.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    It depends on the skater and possibly on the Federation.
    Well, of course it does. It was really a rhetorical question. For most athletes the Olympics is worth everything they have. The question was posed in to the idea that the Kerry's have money. I'm sure they do- I'm also sure they spent a lot on the fight, and that they will be spending a lot sending the whole family to the Olympics to watch Brendan. So even if on other years it would be worth it to send her to 4CCs, as they send her to all the other comps the fed allows, maybe this year it is not.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It depends on what "moderately well" means. 10th place gets $2k, 12th gets $1k, 8th gets $3k, for example.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Melissa Bulanhagui (PHI) learned a really important lesson about not pissing off the federation this year. She has been essentially forced into retirement, as she seems to be persona non grata with them, and transferring to another country would require her to sit out years she doesn't have.

Hopefully this will not affect Chantelle Kerry in the same way, long term.
    ITA. This is a painful lesson but hopefully Chantelle has learned something from her actions (or that of her enablers) against Han and will move on, keep training and try to make World or Olympic teams without help from ridiculous lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    In a perfect world, it shouldn't affect Kerry. But nobody likes being sued. And being seen as litigious, difficult, and arguably unreasonable wouldn't help anyone's cause.

Even though I am not a fan of Kerry's actions with respect to Han, I do think Kerry should be given every chance to compete and participate -- assuming she qualifes -- in the future.

O-
    ^^^
    THIS!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617