Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

vCash
    Congratulations to Brooklee Han! Now that the CAS has made it's decision, Han will skate in the Olympic spot that she rightfully earned. I hope that Chantelle, if she really wants it, works hard these next few years to earn a berth all on her own to the 2018 Olympics.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've started a new GSD thread : Good news for Australia's Brooklee Han!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Banned Member
    vCash
    Poor poor Chantelle and her mother ... they wanted to get her there so badly they were willing to go out and deliberately challenge the verification of her competition instead of competing for a spot.

Maybe the mother, who was DEAD LAST in Ice Dancing in Calgary with EMBARSSINGLY BAD TECHNIQUE (I was there!) also wants her daughter to know how it feels to represent your country and represent just how bad you are in comparison to the rest of the world. This girl Kerry was 40th in the world last year.....
    need anyone else say more?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Eh, Bin Yao and Luan Bo were dead last in Dortmund, and they were reported to have had embarrassingly bad technique their coaches learned from grainy Soviet films. That didn't stop him from being an expert coach, and he had the advantage of a system that was state-supported in a very populous country where athletes in more than the usual professional sports are revered.

Congratulations to Han! I'm just sorry that the moment of being announced the Olympic team with her teammates was ruined by Kerry's CAS case, and that she was under the stress of having multiple hearings hover over her future. In that sense, she's lucky to train half a world away from the fray.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Maybe the mother, who was DEAD LAST in Ice Dancing in Calgary with EMBARSSINGLY BAD TECHNIQUE (I was there!) also wants her daughter to know how it feels to represent your country and represent just how bad you are in comparison to the rest of the world. This girl Kerry was 40th in the world last year.....
    I always try not to respond to you (don't feed the trolls and all that), but I really must object to this. Have you ever SEEN Chantelle Kerry skate? She is beautiful. It's true she's no Yuna Kim (Chantelle actually points her toes!), but her skating is lovely, fluid and certainly not the worst in the world.

Australian skaters do NOT get the same opportunities as other skaters to go out and compete. Everything in Europe or America is simply too far and too expensive. It's hard. Brooklee probably has it a little easier because her training base is in the US, thereby enabling easier access to more competitions. But just because you seem to have taken a hatred of her for fighting for an Olympic spot, doesn't mean Chantelle is a bad skater.

vCash
    I agree. Totally uncalled for comment. I do not get what the point of saying those kinds of things is meant to do except be nasty and vindictive. And at the end of the day they say more about the poster than the person they are commenting on.

Time to move on and wish Brooklee all the best for the Olympics.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I agree. Totally uncalled for comment. I do not get what the point of saying those kinds of things is meant to do except be nasty and vindictive. And at the end of the day they say more about the poster than the person they are commenting on.

Time to move on and wish Brooklee all the best for the Olympics.
    I agree! Sheer nastiness!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Poor poor Chantelle and her mother ... they wanted to get her there so badly they were willing to go out and deliberately challenge the verification of her competition instead of competing for a spot.

Yes, what Team Kerry tried to do was bad and horribly petty but come on? Damn...

vCash
    I hope Chantelle can now act more graciously toward her brother and give him more support then she did in Melbourne!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    I hope Chantelle can now act more graciously toward her brother and give him more support then she did in Melbourne!
    Hmmm now why would someone say that?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Hmmm now why would someone say that?
    Just a guess, but maybe because that's their hope?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    She was sick. I'm pleased if she stayed away from the rink; means she wasn't making other skaters sick - including her brother!

vCash
    Great news!

I still feel angry about Han being deprived of being announced for the Olympic team together with the other athletes and having all this stress interfering with her preparation for the Olympics but at least justice was done.

All the best to Chantelle Kerry. I hope she can continue to improve her skating and earn an Olympic spot in the future based on her own merit and not legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Eh, Bin Yao and Luan Bo were dead last in Dortmund, and they were reported to have had embarrassingly bad technique their coaches learned from grainy Soviet films. That didn't stop him from being an expert coach, and he had the advantage of a system that was state-supported in a very populous country where athletes in more than the usual professional sports are revered.
    Off-topic but yes, they were terrible. You can see for yourself: Bo Luan/Yao Bin - 1984 Olympics SP

And look at his teams now.

vCash
    Does anyone know why Chantelle Kerry isn't going to FCC? Besides Brooklee she's the only Australian skater age eligible and with the min TES so the spot is not being used at all.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Does anyone know why Chantelle Kerry isn't going to FCC? Besides Brooklee she's the only Australian skater age eligible and with the min TES so the spot is not being used at all.
    Maybe she's still sick.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Off-topic but yes, they were terrible. You can see for yourself: Bo Luan/Yao Bin - 1984 Olympics SP

And look at his teams now.
    IIRC the two were thrown together and ordered to compete in pairs without having any real training or preparation. I'm not sure why this happened.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Has the Australian Team for Four Continents been announced? I can't find the listing on either ISA's website or their Facebook page.

I wonder if the junior ladies' champion, Kailani Craine is going to Four Continents. I believe she has the minimum TES required.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Has the Australian Team for Four Continents been announced. I can't find it listed on either ISA's website or their Facebook page.

I wonder if the junior ladies' champion, Kailani Craine is going to Four Continents. I believe she has the minimum TES required.
    2014 Four Continents Championships - Entries

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Thank you.

vCash
    I was also hoping that Kailani Craine would be entered but I can't recall her competing Senior this season and I guess she wants to focus on Junior Worlds.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast