Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Is there any official date about when the decision of CAS will come out and when the official spot will be given?

This is ridiculous. Han went to Worlds last season and skated well. She went to Nebelhorn this season and skated well, well enough to be the top qualifier and grabbed a Sochi spot for Australia. In their last head to head at 2013 4CCs, Han beat Kerry by over 16 points.

What a tactless appeal. I hope no one gets to go if Han doesn't.

And again this is why I hate per country rules. If everyone was fighting to qualify for themselves instead of for their country, something like this would never happen. Kerry didn't contribute one thing to qualifying Australia's spot. It was all Han. Why should she get benefit from someone else's work and especially after she threw her under the bus?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is there any official date about when the decision of CAS will come out and when the official spot will be given?

This is ridiculous. Han went to Worlds last season and skated well. She went to Nebelhorn this season and skated well, well enough to be the top qualifier and grabbed a Sochi spot for Australia. In their last head to head at 2013 4CCs, Han beat Kerry by over 16 points.

What a tactless appeal. I hope no one gets to go if Han doesn't.

And again this is why I hate per country rules. If everyone was fighting to qualify for themselves instead of for their country, something like this would never happen. Kerry didn't contribute one thing to qualifying Australia's spot. It was all Han. Why should she get benefit from someone else's work and especially after she threw her under the bus?!
    Nominations by Ice Skating Australia must be received by the AOC by 5pm AEST on Wednesday 22 January 2014, but "if Australia qualifies a quota place(s) at the ISU Olympic Qualifying Competition, then Ice Skating Australia will nominate the Athlete(s) who qualified the quota place subject to the Athlete(s) having met the requirements of clause 2(1) by no later than 19 January 2014;"

From here.

Shame Brooklee needs to spend the Christmas/holiday season not knowing…

vCash
    I posted an article excerpt earlier: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4069410
    Winter Olympic team chief Ian Chesterman said he was looking for a fast resolution to the dispute. "The sooner it's resolved the better," he said. "The worst thing for everyone will be to have it drag on."

He hopes to confirm the successful contender's place in the team before Christmas.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I posted an article excerpt earlier: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4069410
    That's not an official date though, that's a "hope". Nominations don't have to be given until late January, and therefore there may also still be time for additional appeals (especially if Brooklee loses her spot; she can also appeal I think, or Chantelle could come up with something else). It needs to be finalised by late January, the hope is that it is done before Christmas.

vCash
    You're assuming the worst; I'm trying to be optimistic.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    You're assuming the worst; I'm trying to be optimistic.
    I'm thinking worst case scenario, so I can hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Hey, at least none of OUR skaters have ever physically assaulted another to try and manipulate the Olympic selection...
    You know…this line makes it sound like you're defending Kerry not because she's Kerry but because she's Australian. It's like you think the criticisms or insults (depending on how you look at it) are directed at Australia itself, which I don't think is the case. I understand defending your nation, but that's a bit of a leap to think criticizing Kerry is a criticism of Australia.

I also find your line about not faulting her for wanting to do everything possible to get to the Olympics but then faulting her for how she's going about it to be contradictory. I mean you fault her for the way she's going about it, then you are able to fault her for doing everything she can to go to the Olympics since filing this appeal to CAS is part of doing everything she can. Unless you mean she don't like the way she's filing the appeal, which I don't get.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The Kerry family has to be careful. If they are claiming that Han is ineligible because she is not Australian, then the Olympic spot will not go to Chantelle, Australia will lose it's spot completely because it would have made Brooklee ineligible for Nebelhorn Trophy in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    The Kerry family has to be careful. If they are claiming that Han is ineligible because she is not Australian, then the Olympic spot will not go to Chantelle, Australia will lose it's spot completely because it would have made Brooklee ineligible for Nebelhorn Trophy in the first place.
    This appeal has nothing to do with citizenship. Brooklee being Australian is not in question, she's Australian. Whether she was eligible to compete for Australia is what is being questioned. They're not the same thing, though the end result may be the same (Australia could lose its spot).

vCash
    Thats what i meant

vCash
    I think the per country rules are fine so long as the federation lays out the Olympic season selection criteria clearly.

For example, Nicole Rajicova's form this season is far better than Monica Simancikova so Rajicova should be getting Slovak Republic's one Olympic spot even though Simancikova earned the spot at 2013 Worlds.

Prick Admin
    vCash

And again this is why I hate per country rules. If everyone was fighting to qualify for themselves instead of for their country, something like this would never happen.
    There would be other things people would be complaining about though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_sk8ting_mum View Post
    Seems Chantelle has withdrawn from Senior ladies!
    No surprise there. Even if Nationals has no bearing on Olympic selection it would still look bad for Kerry to be trounced by Han at their own Championships while this dispute is going on. I'm glad Brooklee had the guts to show anyway.

I am going to state an unpopular opinion here and I will probably get attacked for it, but I believe that if Chantelle said she was sick, she was sick.

I've seen it before. People can go from fit as a fiddle to death warmed over in fifteen minutes, especially if food poisoning or any kind of gastro bug is involved. I can easily believe that Chantelle became ill in the hours between practice and the short program.
    Sure she was sick.

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    The fact you lowered the bar to say her approach is at least better than Harding's in 1994 should tell you a few things.
    ^^^
    THIS! I can't believe that someone actually brought up the Harding incident (without mentioning her by name), making some snarky remark that 'at least THEY' never did that almost as if to justify the actions of Chantelle Kerry's camp against Brooklee Han. How low can one go?

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    ^These things tend to work both ways. Saying there were a handful of incidents (if that) where skaters did worse-thought-out things isn't exactly compelling evidence. I can understand you'd be frustrated since the overall tone of the thread is way worse then when the appeal first started. But bringing up the worst skating assault from 20 years ago in a different country doesn't seem like the right way to try and create perspective. If the issue is that things are getting blown out of proportion, pretty sure a reference 94 and all the media frenzy that followed isn't exactly a safe bet to bring the discussion back to normal.

Maybe you've seen Chantelle at local events and she does things for the local skating community that would explain why she could have more support locally? Would they both skate at 4CC or is Brooklee skipping that to focus on Sochi?
    ^^^
    THIS! Thank you! It's like 'I'm going to take a swipe at this other country since you're attacking mine'. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AusTechSpec View Post
    I was there. I also spoke to her, her coach, the ASADA medical representative, and a handful of judges... and Brooklee...

But i guess we can all take your "looked pretty much like death" as fact and proof, shame on us for thinking otherwise.
    Thank you - I tend to believe someone like you more than someone who seems emotionally involved with Ms. Kerry and her camp.

Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    You know…this line makes it sound like you're defending Kerry not because she's Kerry but because she's Australian. It's like you think the criticisms or insults (depending on how you look at it) are directed at Australia itself, which I don't think is the case. I understand defending your nation, but that's a bit of a leap to think criticizing Kerry is a criticism of Australia.

I also find your line about not faulting her for wanting to do everything possible to get to the Olympics but then faulting her for how she's going about it to be contradictory. I mean you fault her for the way she's going about it, then you are able to fault her for doing everything she can to go to the Olympics since filing this appeal to CAS is part of doing everything she can. Unless you mean she don't like the way she's filing the appeal, which I don't get.
    ITA. That's exactly how that catty sideswipe about Harding came off. Bringing something up that happened decades ago to defend the Kerry's actions against Han who deserves to enjoy the thrill of making the Olympic team like every other athlete who EARNED it.

vCash
    Sasha'sSpins obviously off her medication today. What an aggressive little thing you are.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Sasha'sSpins obviously off her medication today. What an aggressive little thing you are.
    Those who make personal attacks simply have lost the debate. I have nothing further to say to you.

vCash
    Oh sweetie I have received enough personal attacks on this forum over the years that are 100% more vitrolic than mine, including racist ones. Unless they are really offensive though I let it slide.

Anyway have a nice life. You are on the ignore list.
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 12-13-2013 at 01:35 AM.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Maybe so. But the level of vitriol in this thread is unsettling. One would think Chantelle HAD whacked Brooklee; or that she was some vile coach who forced her students to skate injured, with the abuse and language being used about her in this thread.
    You are certainly entitled to express your opinion here, but so is everyone else, as long as we all observe the TOS. No one is forcing you to keep reading this thread, and if it upsets you that much, perhaps you should resist the temptation to read new posts.

I have to say that the level of vitriol directed to Chantelle Kerry and her parents in this thread is far lower than what I have seen directed against Johnny Weir and Evan Lysacek, among others, in other threads and probably reflects the fact that she is still quite young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    You are certainly entitled to express your opinion here, but so is everyone else, as long as we all observe the TOS. No one is forcing you to keep reading this thread, and if it upsets you that much, perhaps you should resist the temptation to read new posts.

I have to say that the level of vitriol directed to Chantelle Kerry and her parents in this thread is far lower than what I have seen directed against Johnny Weir and Evan Lysacek, among others, in other threads and probably reflects the fact that she is still quite young.
    Agreed.

I just hope that this controversy is resolved quickly and in Han's favor. Brooklee earned that spot to Sochi for Australia and she deserves it. It's unfortunate that she's had to face such opposition at least twice in her career from the same parties whose agenda seems to be to keep Brooklee down while they help advance Chantelle's career over hers by any means fair or unfair. And I liked Chantelle too, I especially love her "Alice in Wonderland" LP which is still a favorite of mine, but the behavior of the Kerry camp against Han has just been unseemly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    And I liked Chantelle too, I especially love her "Alice in Wonderland" LP which is still a favorite of mine, but the behavior of the Kerry camp against Han has just been unseemly.
    That was a really stunning program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That was a really stunning program.
    Yes it was. I even favorited Chantelle's 4CC's performance of 'Alice' on my youtube account. I thought it was enchanting. Ot but I can't help thinking that the 2010-11 Mirai might have been able to skate to that music and made it something really special.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast