View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Cirque du Soleil show?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • O

8 34.78%
  • 2 8.70%
  • Zumanity

0 0%
  • Dralion

2 8.70%
  • La Nouba

4 17.39%
  • Alegria

6 26.09%
  • Kooza

0 0%
  • The Beatles Love

3 13.04%
  • Michael Jackson ONE

0 0%
  • Quidam

4 17.39%
  • Corteo

0 0%
  • Other, please specify

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Your favorite Cirque du Soleil show?

I'm seeing Kooza on Tuesday and I can't wait! Already saw La Nouba, Corteo, Saltimbanco and Alegria. My fave so far has been La Nouba.

Have you seen any show from Cirque du Soleil? Which was your favorite?

vCash
    TOTEM!!!
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    I like so many of the shows for different reasons. I voted for four of them.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    La Nouba…….loved it.

vCash
    I saw Varekai in the Big Top in Vancouver and then Allegria, Saltimbanco, and Quidam in the smaller stadium settings that they've done so shows can come locally so I think it does change things a bit. My favourite though was La Nouba in Disney. The permanent stage allows for so many more options. Would love to go to Vegas just to see a few more shows. For the stadium ones Quidam was my favourite.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    "O" is completely amazing.

"Ka" was incredibly staged but it gave me anxiety attacks the stunts looked so dangerous!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quidam is a show that really translated well to the smaller format.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Ovo was AMAZING!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I've only been to one Cirque du Soleil show --- back in 1998, my then-BF and I went and saw Quidam during its one-month run in Atlanta. We were lucky to have excellent seats thanks to connections that a relative's employer had with the tour (he and his wife had no desire to go, so they gave us their tickets), and we were absolutely blown away with how wonderful it was.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Not a big fan of Cirque du Soleil, but we loved the Beatles' "Love" one. We saw "Zumanity", since we were unable to get tickets for one of the other ones. While I totally respect the talent of the performers, I must say that I hated "Zumanity."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    We saw "Zumanity", since we were unable to get tickets for one of the other ones. While I totally respect the talent of the performers, I must say that I hated "Zumanity."
    What did you hate about it?
    I'll definitely see KÀ and O, but I'm unsure about Zumanity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minuet View Post
    I saw Varekai in the Big Top in Vancouver and then Allegria, Saltimbanco, and Quidam in the smaller stadium settings that they've done so shows can come locally so I think it does change things a bit. My favourite though was La Nouba in Disney. The permanent stage allows for so many more options. Would love to go to Vegas just to see a few more shows. For the stadium ones Quidam was my favourite.
    This. Loved the different levels of the stage and the whole scenography in La Nouba. Beautiful and poetic scenes throughout the show.
    I don't like shows in stadium either, especially since they're in Bercy here, with its uncomfortable seats.

vCash
    I have never seen a Cirque de S show. Would love to see one some day.

vCash
    PIPPIN! Oh wait, not exactly Cirque, but close enough :-D
    "You may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have." ~ Stephen Sondheim

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Of the shows I've seen, I'd put them:

O - 5 stars
    Combines both the aerial stunts with the element of water

Zumanity - 4 stars
    Adds a strong S&M flavor to the typical Cirque act, yet managing to do so in a fairly understated way. Loved the intimate atmosphere that encouraged you to let your guard down without being too sleazy.

Mystere - 4 stars
    Liked this one a lot; it's an older show in Vegas and, as such, more closely recalls Cirque's street performer roots.

KA - 3 stars
    I understand there was an unfortunate accident here recently and that the rotating stage makes things look dangerous, but when I saw this, I was in the center of the front row, and could see all sorts of nearly-invisible safety wires sprouting out of the stage and the performers' costumes, so much so that every little twitch, hand motion, and leg placement looked almost robotically choreographed, so that ruined the effect for me. I also understand that, since the accident, they've redone the ending in a way that takes a bit of the suspense out of the story.

Beatles LOVE - 3 stars
    Sort of like an ice dance program to recorded music, but 90 minutes long. Very light on acrobatics.

I've also seen Absinthe, which is not a Cirque show but is more along the lines of a variety show of Vegas yore, rife with raunchy jokes and banter. That was a blast.

Has anyone seen Zarkana or Michael Jackson One in Vegas? Any other suggestions for Vegas shows that are 5-star worthy?
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 12-03-2013 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    Iris has got to be the most entertaining Cirque Du Soleil featuring the art of showmanship at its finest! The theatrical and dramatic acts are right at home in the beautiful Kodak Theatre. Whilst paying tribute to the historical development of cinema through dazzling costumes and innovative use of props, they had the audiences roftl with their clever dig at the awards ceremony. It was definitely the highlight of my Hollywood trip and the top of of all the other cirque du soleil shows i've watched in person, like Alegria, Dralion, and O. O was one of disappointments because i set my expectations too high for the water acrobatics. It left a cold feeling with no solid story to relate to, unlike a girl's journey in Alegria.

vCash
    Oops, the story about a girl's journey should be Quidam. I loved Quidam and the soundtracks. Alegria was another one which i didn't really like as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post

KA - 3 stars
    I understand there was an unfortunate accident here recently and that the rotating stage makes things look dangerous, but when I saw this, I was in the center of the front row, and could see all sorts of nearly-invisible safety wires sprouting out of the stage and the performers' costumes, so much so that every little twitch, hand motion, and leg placement looked almost robotically choreographed, so that ruined the effect for me. I also understand that, since the accident, they've redone the ending in a way that takes a bit of the suspense out of the story.
    Yes, sitting in the front rows can ruin some aspects of the show. Another drawback is that most of the time, the view isn't good for the aerial acts.

So, I finally saw Kooza. Though I hate traditional circus, I expected the Cirque du Soleil would come up with something great, even with that theme. Overall I must say I was unimpressed with several numbers (trapeze, unicycle, hoop girl, chair-balancing guy).

There were some nice moments and the usual great music and costumes (not all the costumes, but most of them).

The one moment that got me teary-eyed was the opening, with part of the stage going forward, revealing the band (loved the music).
    So, La Nouba remains my favorite so far.